• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

schlynch

The Sand snakes always use poison, except when fighting plot armor.

He dodged a fireball.

Everybody fights him one at a time like it's Ocarina of Time or some shit.

He appeared out of thin air with a better fleet of ships than his previous fleet.

He's Bam Margera.

Well... they were surprised. I would guess that it takes some time to prepare weapons with poison. No he didn't and neither did Yara... it was pure luck that the fireball missed both of them mid fight. Not really, it's 1on1 for the most time and briefly a 2on1 with the snakes. After all he is the most feared pirate in the world, I think he knows how to ambush a fleet. Seems like he utilized the night/storm/fog.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Is it me, or is Theon's sister kinda cute.

Completely you. I think they intentionally cast her to be "the not beautiful" one of the show. (By the shows cast standards, its of course grade on a curve not based on real life).

I don't think you'd ever see her in a CW show.

aBarreras

Completely you. I think they intentionally cast her to be "the not beautiful" one of the show. (By the shows cast standards, its of course grade on a curve not based on real life).

she reminds me of amy farra fawler

~Kinggi~

Banned
TvbOP60.gif

lmao what is this?

CW doesn't hire actors. They hire models

Pagusas

Elden Member
To be fair the worst looking characters in a CW show are still 10s ...lol.

That's what I'm trying to say lol. Hell the homeless men I saw i saw in one of their shows was more handsome than any person I've ever met in real life. The main cast are always beautiful gods. Even most GoT stars would have a hard time being cast as anything but "the ugly side friend" in CW shows lol.

Jacob4815

I read that next episode is directed by Mark Mylod AGAIN...

Next episode could be the Casterly Rock battle, and I can't believe they assigned two battle scenes to this director... probably the worst of the list...

Zyae

The Messandei Greyworm stuff is pretty bad, went on way too long. Such an blatant setup for one of them to die(most likely him)

Do people not get that Theon has PTSD from being tortured by Ramsay and seeing Eurons men mutilate the bodies triggered that?

I think Theon did the right thing, what else was he supposed to do beside die? Also that ship fight was more awesome than the entirety of the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

I'm not a fan of how people are seemingly moving so damn fast from place to place though, or the fact that Euron managed to build a whole fleet just as quickly.

Do people not get that Theon has PTSD from being tortured by Ramsay and seeing Eurons men mutilate the bodies triggered that?

Refreshingly realistic.

TV has trained me to expect him to completely hulk out in that moment or something. Like the experience made him immune to it all.

jfkgoblue

Shippers have ruined GoT with this Grey worm x Messandai bullshit fan service (probably not ruined, but it is annoying)

Now the Dany x Jon shippers are going to get their fan service as well.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Yeah, his action may have just saved them both. Euron would have for sure slit Yara's throat the moment Theon engaged him. I just don't like how he did the right thing by reverting back to Reek though, unless it's a play and he needed to sell it.

Refreshingly realistic.

TV has trained me to expect him to completely hulk out in that moment or something. Like the experience made him immune to it all.

They actually specifically talked about it in the post-show discussion thing they do, saying how they want people to realize that his trauma isn't something he's going to recover from quickly/easily even if that's what the audience expects/wants. It was nice to see psychological trauma/PTSD being treated like that rather than something to be shrugged off when the plot demands it.

Zyae

Yeah, his action may have just saved them both. Euron would have for sure slit Yara's throat the moment Theon engaged him. I just don't like how he did the right thing by reverting back to Reek though, unless it's a play. He needed to sell it.

He didnt "revert back to reek"

He would have been captured and tortured by Euron and or Cersei. He has PTSD from his time with the Boltons.

I physically laughed out loud when Theon Reek'd, directly in sync with Euron's LOL in the show.

Those group watching hipsters obviously don't get it.

Missandei is something else, but that scene felt 5 hours long.

The Sand Snakes are dead. Thank god.

Honestly I don't care about anything that's happening south of the North. Give me that Arya Sansa reunion.

Damn, what an ending. So much for the King's Landing siege.

I thought Varys was a goner for a second there but he knew how to talk his way out of that one.

Bracing myself for the damage Littlefinger will cause in Jon's absence.

Can't wait to see Jon and Daenerys face to face. The witch sure didn't waste any time.

I wonder how many dragons will fall to those balistas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom