• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Starks did it before when faced with dragons and the people of the North didn't seem to hold it against them. Still, it could be a problem in the short term. Jon has to keep the North together until they can see the threat of the undead army for themselves.

Well they were conquered no? Like Jon was just crowned King. Now you have him a King, go to another royalty, and bend the knee. Seems like a total loss of face too me. If you submit is he still king? I'm sure Jon would be happy to be just Warden of the North, but he's entire court was against him going to Dany in the face place. I bet they North still hates the Targaryans.

they're great, people are just no-fun nancys

i hated them for the way they killed Oberyn's son, but they're fun on-screen either way

And Tyene makes me hot
Yea I feel like they were kind of a fun, very violent three stooges. They're out to avenge Oberyn and make Dorne great again, so they didn't feel out of place.

Off topic: You have a fantastic username. I fucking love pancakes. lol

Thanks lol

Edit:
A Stark has bent the knee to a Targyrean before.

https://youtu.be/VtQgA45LzRw

Yes, I know, but there's a difference between being conquered and submitting so you can get help to fight another enemy. Not that it's the wrong path of course. I'm just curious how the North will take it, if that's how the show proceeds.

Curufinwe

According to that history, the old Stark King just saw the size of Aegon's armies and dragons and then knelt. The North surrendered before it was conquered.

And he was known as "The King who Knelt" ever since. Jon might bent the knee just so he can save the world and beat The Night King, we know Jon isn't above his ego, but everyone in the North would feel Jon betrayed them.

At this point they seem to be alright with the fact that he let plenty of wildlings over the wall. I'd hope they'd get over it or put it aside all things considering. Would be stupid if they all felt betrayed because of this, especially once they find out he's a targ himself.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
At this point they seem to be alright with the fact that he let plenty of wildlings over the wall. I'd hope they'd get over it or put it aside all things considering. Would be stupid if they all felt betrayed because of this, especially once they find out he's a targ himself.

They really weren't happy when he told them he was leaving Winterfell, though. Like, they understand why the Wildings are there now, but him giving the North to Dany seems like it's betraying everything they believe in. He was only able to calm them down once he told them he was going to leave Sansa there, a Stark, to look over things.

Even his biggest fangirl, Lady Mormont, was not feeling this whole plan.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

They'll be fine with it once the wall is breached and they see the end coming for themselves. Right now they're going with him because they respect him and he's delivered them their freedom, but they probably don't fully believe the end is coming.

Herne

Some people say Cersei stole the throne but I haven't seen anyone say how exactly. I think the lineage is so fucked right now that she might be the rightful heir do to her connection to her husband and sons, but who knows.

[edit]

The only other person might be Jaimie but are former queens considered lower tier than uncles of kings by marriage?

She has absolutely no claim to the throne whatsoever, nor do any of the Lannisters. The laws on succession seem to follow primogeniture so it doesn't matter that she was married to Robert and (supposedly) had his children. No claim at all. She took the throne because she could, because there was nobody to stop her.

Well they were conquered no? Like Jon was just crowned King. Now you have him a King, go to another royalty, and bend the knee. Seems like a total loss of face too me. If you submit is he still king? I'm sure Jon would be happy to be just Warden of the North, but he's entire court was against him going to Dany in the face place. I bet they North still hates the Targaryans.

Yea I feel like they were kind of a fun, very violent three stooges. They're out to avenge Oberyn and make Dorne great again, so they didn't feel out of place.

Thanks lol

Edit:

Yes, I know, but there's a difference between being conquered and submitting so you can get help to fight another enemy. Not that it's the wrong path of course. I'm just curious how the North will take it, if that's how the show proceeds.

The king who knelt was the last King in the North until Robb iirc, so it was definitely a case of conquered, just via one side surrendering rather than destruction in battle. Obviously there's the advantage to House Stark that by bending the knee, they were named as Wardens in the North, which kept them in prime position in the North. Not that the Starks are especially great players of the game, but from a political perspective it was also a solid move in the long run.

But the name speaks for itself, and he was probably mocked mercilessly until he died by Northern lords and common folk alike.

They really weren't happy when he told them he was leaving Winterfell, though. Like, they understand why the Wildings are there now, but him giving the North to Dany seems like it's betraying everything they believe in. He was only able to calm them down once he told them he was going to leave Sansa there, a Stark, to look over things.

Even his biggest fangirl, Lady Mormont, was not feeling this whole plan.

If they don't believe Jon I wonder how much of Bran has to say they'll believe. He might be able to tell them what happened during a certain point in time, but the Northerners seem to be quite stubborn.

They'll be fine with it once the wall is breached and they see the end coming for themselves. Right now they're going with him because they respect him and he's delivered them their freedom, but they probably don't fully believe the end is coming.

I still wish he didn't hang those who betrayed him last season and sent them North so they could see with their own eyes why he let the Wildlings over.

Einchy

She has absolutely no claim to the throne whatsoever, nor do any of the Lannisters. The laws on succession seem to follow primogeniture so it doesn't matter that she was married to Robert and (supposedly) had his children. No claim at all. She took the throne because she could, because there was nobody to stop her.

So then who gets its?

Herne

According to that history, the old Stark King just saw the size of Aegon's armies and dragons and then knelt. The North surrendered before it was conquered.

Interestingly it was Dorne that gave the Targaeryens the most trouble during Aegon's conquest.

Herne

So then who gets its?

There are no known Baratheons left, the person with the best claim is Danaerys, but if Gendry is still alive he'd have just as strong and legal a claim (though with no army to back him up, Dany would get it). Like I said, Cersei took the throne because there was nobody to stop her.

Nameless

That's still being conquered.

25watching01-master768.jpg

Only a fool would do anything different with this black scaled monstrosity looming over them. Balerion makes Drogon look like Ser Pounce.

Einchy

There are no known Baratheons left, the person with the best claim is Danaerys, but if Gendry is still alive he'd have just as strong and legal a claim. Like I said, Cersei took the throne because there was nobody to stop her.

So no one then?

Zolo

25watching01-master768.jpg

Only a fool would do anything different with this black scaled monstrosity looming over them. Balerion makes Drogon look like Ser Pounce.

Yeah. I forgot that Daenery's dragons still aren't full-grown? Do dragons keep getting bigger or reach max size at some point?

Herne

So no one then?

Dany will get it anyway, but she does have the best claim even without her dragons and armies. The Targaryens had been gone for decades, and nobody wanted another Mad King, so they weren't going to reach across the sea to appeal to her to return... not with the Lannisters in control anyway.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Yeah. I forgot that Daenery's dragons still aren't full-grown? Do dragons keep getting bigger or reach max size at some point?

That skull was from the largest one, they showed in that scene a lot of smaller skulls as well as that big boy there.

I think Dany's dragons are full size now.

if you watch Alt+Shift+X's "grand maester conspiracy" video, he covers this actually.

dragons have gotten progressively smaller ever since Aegon conquered the seven kingdoms, and nobody really knows why [although they have a few suspicions].

Einchy

Dany will get it anyway, but she does have the best claim even without her dragons and armies. The Targaryens had been gone for decades, and nobody wanted another Mad King, so they weren't going to reach across the sea to appeal to her to return... not with the Lannisters in control anyway.

This is why I said people never really explain how Cersei stole the throne, because it seems the only options are all dead, trying to conquer them or they don't even they exist, so who exactly did Cersei steal the throne from? At some point the line of succession kinda ends if there's no one left, right? The only person that's even connection to the throne is Cersei.
if you watch Alt+Shift+X's "grand maester conspiracy" video, he covers this actually.

dragons have gotten progressively smaller ever since Aegon conquered the seven kingdoms, and nobody really knows why [although they have a few suspicions].

I always see those videos pop up but they also kinda seemed like book oriented. Does he just cover things that have only been discussed in the show?

i don't know where i read this so it could be b.s but i heard dragons just keep growing as long as they can go flying and do as they please. more likely is that they reach max size.

although, i do recall Tyrion saying that their growth is stunted if they're trapped inside, like the prisoners Viserion & Rhaegon were.

Gnome

A dragon keeps growing as long as it lives and is not in captivity. The reason the current dragons aren't as big as Balerion is simply because they haven't been alive as long.

Drogon seems to be quite big now, at least that's what the latest shot in ep.1 suggested.

The way they explained it in the show is that if well fed dragons can keep growing until they are too old.

What was going on in that scene with Arya and wolves?

Jon is going to pay for striking Littlefinger like that. Ned Starks downfall was very similar.

Euron is an awesome character. But, how is he alive? One of the snakes stabs his groin with a dagger. Still cool character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom