• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camwi

Honestly, I think the writers have been unclear with that seeing as we've seen a wigt past the wall before. It's also not clear why the Whitewalkers tried to kill Bran if they needed him to pass through magic barriers. I'm hoping that the Whitewalkers still can't get through the wall - it could be that the magic protecting it is stronger than the one used at the cave. Plus Bran is entering through Castle Black (I think) and the undead are heading to a different castle on the east side, so maybe that has some significance as well.

The very beginning of the series? Was it ever confirmed where that scene was located?

so on the rewatch, Bengie tells Bran that the wall is more than just phyiscal, it has magic in its foundations also that repells the white walkers.

If its the same magic that kept the white walkers away from the Three Eyed Raven, does that mean that bran being let through the wall is what is going to allow the white walkers through?

I've been thinking that's one of the ways they can have the WWs pass through the wall.

Also I wonder how many wildlings are left now North of the wall. Perhaps a few hundred scattered to the winds hiding from the WWs, running low on food and weapons. I definitely don't buy into the idea that they were all at Hardhome.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Theon be like.. "EURON your own!!!"

ill-allow-it-gif-3.gif

all those people talking about honour and families while jon is the only one that really gets it.
there is a frikking army of white walkers coming to you & the whole humanity is in the brink of exctinction & people care about names, honor and the past

Jon is the true hero - he doesn't care about honour or breaking his oath - he is acting for the benefit of the world surviving. (like he did when he lot those wildlings pass trough the wall)

he may not be a good king - but he is the prince that was promised to defeat the dark night.

Theon be like.. "EURON your own!!!"
I shouldn't have laughed...but I did.

all those people talking about honour and families while jon is the only one that really gets it.
there is a frikking army of white walkers coming to you & the whole humanity is in the brink of exctinction & people care about names, honor and the past

Jon is the true hero - he doesn't care about honour or breaking his oath - he is acting for the benefit of the world surviving. (like he did when he lot those wildlings pass trough the wall)

he may not be a good king - but he is the prince that was promised to defeat the dark night.
Yep. At the end of the day, Jon is the only one who gets it. Who has his focus where it needs to be. For the past few seasons, he has made me not give a shit about the iron throne, because just like Jon, I understand that shit means nothing in the grand scheme of things. The White Walkers are coming.

After all, he's the only one who has seen the shit that's headed south.

The white walkers or some wights need to show up this season to spook the living shit out of Seven Kingdoms. Maybe the last episode.

kAmui-

Honestly, I think the writers have been unclear with that seeing as we've seen a wigt past the wall before. It's also not clear why the Whitewalkers tried to kill Bran if they needed him to pass through magic barriers. I'm hoping that the Whitewalkers still can't get through the wall - it could be that the magic protecting it is stronger than the one used at the cave. Plus Bran is entering through Castle Black (I think) and the undead are heading to a different castle on the east side, so maybe that has some significance as well.

The wall being magic could make this theory invalid, but my prediction is that this season we find out that the walkers actually built the wall and one of the last things if not the last thing we see this season is them bringing the wall down, setting the stage for the final season.

After all, he's the only one who has seen the shit that's headed south.

The white walkers or some wights need to show up this season to spook the living shit out of Seven Kingdoms. Maybe the last episode.

yes that is true - but still the white walkers were a myth, a legend from the past that people didn't believe (Ned Stark Season 1 after he executed the guy)

However, now they know its reality - they exist - and they are coming with an large army to destroy humanity.

if i knew that aliens were on their way to destroy earth - i sure wouldn't care about politics and conflicts between countries anymore but try to unite everyone (enemies or not) to fight against them :D

effzee

Someone mentioned it earlier but I'd love for the Iron Throne game to finish this season so all of the last season is dedicated to the battle with the White Walkers.

IDK if I'm alone in this but I feel like Emilia Clarke's acting seems better this season. She's always been weak compared to most of the other main characters but I feel like she seems a bit more natural in these past two episodes. Still, it's a bit hard to care about her character as usual.

:shrug:

Camwi

I was thinking when Jon Snow saves Mormont at Castle Black. I think season 1.

Ah, good point. They died north of the wall, but became undead south of the wall. The only way I can think that they can weasel their way around that is to say that they were "marked" but not truly wights until they passed beyond the wall.

EDIT - Unless this was explained in the books? Oh yeah, no book discussion.

OrionX

I feel like... Arya could probably chill at Winterfell with Sansa and Bran for a week, then head on back down to King's Landing, take Cersei's head, pay a visit to Hot Pie again, attend Jon and Dany's wedding at Dragonstone, and get back to Winterfell all before the White Walkers even get to the wall.

wandering

Banned
IDK if I'm alone in this but I feel like Emilia Clarke's acting seems better this season. She's always been weak compared to most of the other main characters but I feel like she seems a bit more natural in these past two episodes. Still, it's a bit hard to care about her character as usual.

:shrug:

At the very least she seems to be doing less of her constipated "I'm being regal" face.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
so, if the sea up north froze, could the walkers walk around the wall? like, on the East side?

Well, seas are known for not easily freezing, but yes they could, I suppose.

OrionX

I will vomit harder than Sam on shit duty if Dany and Jon marry.

Considering that #twincest has been the most enduring couple on this show I don't think we can rule it out. I've tried to mentally prepare myself for it, though tbh I think one of them will likely die saving the world.

Nameless

Why not? They're both single.

Considering that #twincest has been the most enduring couple on this show I don't think we can rule it out. I've tried to mentally prepare myself for it, though tbh I think one of them will likely die saving the world.

As a Cersei fan, incest doesn't phase me in the slightest. I'm just not interested in a romance angle between those two at this point. But it's probably the easiest way for Jon to get the support he needs to put up an actual fight against the Night's King so it'll probably happen.

Elandyll

Banned
As a Cersei fan, incest doesn't phase me in the slightest. I'm just not interested in a romance angle between those two at this point. But it's probably the easiest way for Jon to get the support he needs to put up an actual fight against the Night's King so it'll probably happen.
Totally not a dig against you, but between Melissandre and Cercei, would you say you have a thing for homicidal psychos?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I dont see Jon Snow caring for romance. Dany either

Unless they want to just fuck for the stress relief

It would probably just be to unite both houses, but then again, I wonder if the dudes in the North would be happy with Jon giving the North away.

Sephzilla

Jon's going to be the first important guy in the history of the show to not be immediately attracted or enamored by Dany in some way after meeting her.

Nameless

Totally not a dig against you, but between Melissandre and Cercei, would you say you have a thing for homicidal psychos?

I'd say have a thing for dark, strong, layered female characters! Arya followed by Jon have been my favorite characters from the beginning, though.

Oh, and Mel pretty much just saved humanity by telling Dany about the White Walkers and bringing her and Jon together.

do you guys think jon will actually survive in the end?

its hard for me to imagine that he gets resurrected and lives his life happily afterwards.
He came back for a porpuse & will die after his mission is finished...atleast thats what i think.

televator

What was the current hypothesis for Jon's parentage again? I forgot.

It's not hypothesis anymore. It's fact. His mom was Ned's sister, Lyanna; and his daddy was Rheagar Targeryen. They both died durring Robbert's rebellion and were also the primary cause of said rebellion. It's the reason his parentage is a secret, that even Ned was willing to tarnish his honorable reputation over.

So Daenerys would be his.... aunt?

Correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom