• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Dude, did you see how tall those ladders were? It's nonstop working out for him.

Sam and Gilly are the best. I want an episode where it's just them doing cute shit together.

The whole 60 minutes would just be filled with Sam and Gilly going places, being told "women aren't allowed here", and Sam making that same idiotic look he gave her at the book store place.

I figured it was just a saying like their equivalent of "Live long and prosper."
Oh that makes sense.

Gnome

Yo, what wars is Arthur Dyane referring to, considering that he knows of Rhaegar's death and the usurper's acending to the throne?

He's basically saying that the events around that scene, no matter how it turns out, will result in war down the road.

ie, if he kills Ned, then he lives to resist Robert's reign. And that if Ned takes Jon, then Robert will come after Jon eventually for being a Targaryen heir, and he knows Ned isn't just going to hand Jon over to Robert to kill, so there would be a war. Also, so long as a Targ bloodline lives (Jon), there will be people to support and put him on the throne.

Heshinsi

I hope season 1 Sansa shows up, undermines everything Jon is trying to do. If this story is going to have a biter sweet ending, I need fuckery* every step of the way.

*Only for Sansa though

I've been wondering how Cersei is queen without any royal blood. Is she just queen regent or did they change succession laws? I know it's probably the later, but was it ever really explained.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I hope season 1 Sansa shows up, undermines everything Jon is trying to do. If this story is going to have a biter sweet ending, I need fuckery* every step of the way.

*Only for Sansa though

I remember people trying to argue that Sansa wasn't a little shit during season 1, like, wut.

PR_rambo

Banned
I've been wondering how Cersei is queen without any royal blood. Is she just queen regent or did they change succession laws? I know it's the later, but was it ever really explained.
She pretty much crowned herself and killed anyone in Kings Landing who'd oppose her.

Heshinsi

I've been wondering how Cersei is queen without any royal blood. Is she just queen regent or did they change succession laws? I know it's the later, but was it ever really explained.
The lady just blew up Westeros' version of the Vatican, with the pope, and most of the high lords inside of it. No one is going to go to Cersei and say, "um, excuse me ma'am, according to bylaw 2236, you can not crown yourself queen!"

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
She pretty much crowned herself and killed anyone in Kings Landing who'd oppose her.

If not her, then who? All the Baratheons are dead, all the male Lannisters are dead or can't become king because they're either part of the King's Guard or directly opposing the crown. I mean, I don't know how exactly the rules work in Westeros, but it seems like she's the only one left.

UP ON HBO NOW

RDreamer

I've been wondering how Cersei is queen without any royal blood. Is she just queen regent or did they change succession laws? I know it's probably the later, but was it ever really explained.

She has the power. It's as simple as that.

Same as Robert Baratheon. Same as the Targaryens. Power makes you the ruler not bloodlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom