• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiggyCal

Banned
Is there no way to get HBO go standalone without watching it on ipad/android device? Would love to watch on computer.

You can watch HBO live via the Xfinity app or through the Xfinity website if you have comcast.

Edit: Nvm i guess. I dont have HBO go.

Does anyone know if the ps4 app of hbogo will be updated with thrones at 9? The app is kind of bare-bones and I am worried it won't be up until later so I will have to watch on my laptop.

RPGCrazied

Ok, with HBO GO, does it show up the same time as the channel or is there a slight wait? Never done this before, going to watch this season with this app. And yes, its connected to a cable sub.

The Mountain was never really much of a swordsman though, just huge. And Brienne beat The Hound, and I'm not sure if he's at 100% now anyway. The Hound beat Beric, I don't think he's at the top of his game these days anyway.

Jamie was the best and Brienne could just about stand her ground against him (albeit weakened). She's probably the best remaining sword fighter in Westeros.

To be honest it's hard to tell exactly how good Jon Snow is. I think he's supposed to be up there though.

Everyone always forgets Loras Tyrell. Even we've only ever seen him fight one on one once, where he lost to brienne, but he was considered the 2nd best swordsman in westeros after Jaime. He has also beaten the mountain and Jaime in jousting tourneys.

There was also oberyn who would have beat the mountain had he not needed his damn confession.

Gnome

Is there no way to get HBO go standalone without watching it on ipad/android device? Would love to watch on computer.

https://order.hbonow.com/ is the standalone service that doesn't use a cable subscription of any kind. And you can watch it on a computer.

Ok, with HBO GO, does it show up the same time as the channel or is there a slight wait? Never done this before, going to watch this season with this app. And yes, its connected to a cable sub.

Same time, sometimes even a few minutes early.

dLMN8R

I'm rewatching Battle of the Bastards and can't remember a few details:

1) Why didn't Sansa tell Jon about her plan to get the Vale to help them? Because she was worried they might not show up at all?

2) Why did the Vale want to help them at all? I forgot how Sansa made the case to them to show up

3) Did Jon think that a pitched battle gave his side a better chance of winning than some sort of sneakier strategy?

Also a side note: I remember reading that in real medieval times friendly fire was a huge cause of death. But in a fictional story like Game of Thrones, how the hell does Jon know who to attack and who not to when he's in the thick of the shit? And then when the Vale shows up, how the hell do they even try to avoid friendly fire? Seems impossible and everyone seems to be the exact same.

FiggyCal

Banned
Everyone always forgets Loras Tyrell. Even we've only ever seen him fight one on one once, where he lost to brienne, but he was considered the 2nd best swordsman in westeros after Jaime. He has also beaten the mountain and Jaime in jousting tourneys.

There was also oberyn who would have beat the mountain had he not needed his damn confession.

Loras was good in tournaments, but I don't know if that's the same type of fighting skills needed in actual battles.

zewone

Does anyone know if the ps4 app of hbogo will be updated with thrones at 9? The app is kind of bare-bones and I am worried it won't be up until later so I will have to watch on my laptop.

Yes. If you're on the main page when 6PM rolls around, you may need to refresh the home page by browsing away from it first.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

Should be fine it tends to go up a minute before or after. Might crash since it is a big premiere. Few years ago it crashed during the finale that fucking sucked.

I'm rewatching Battle of the Bastards and can't remember a few details:

1) Why didn't Sansa tell Jon about her plan to get the Vale to help them? Because she was worried they might not show up at all?

2) Why did the Vale want to help them at all? I forgot how Sansa made the case to them to show up

3) Did Jon think that a pitched battle gave his side a better chance of winning than some sort of sneakier strategy?

Also a side note: I remember reading that in real medieval times friendly fire was a huge cause of death. But in a fictional story like Game of Thrones, how the hell does Jon know who to attack and who not to when he's in the thick of the shit? And then when the Vale shows up, how the hell do they even try to avoid friendly fire? Seems impossible and everyone seems to be the exact same.

Baelush showed up in a previous episode and said he has his army ready to help her. Ad he declined the offer because he's a snake and can't be trusted.

Baelish wants control of the North and westeros for that matter. He want to help sansa becuase she's the key to controlling the North.

The plan was to let Ramsey act first becuase they had a smaller army. They needed to let Ramsey rush so the archers can even the odds. However Ramsay puts Jon on tilt becuase he sends rickon running on the battlefield getting Jon to act first.

RPGCrazied

Should be fine it tends to go up a minute before or after. Might crash since it is a big premiere. Few years ago it crashed during the finale that fucking sucked.

Oh no. Don't tell me this now. lol

Don't have a cable box in this room. Oh well. If it does I'll be mad, and just watch it on demand after.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Wish all the HBO GO folk luck. Maybe they got their shit together but a few years basically its been a shit show on opening night. Lots of buffering etc. Im watching through the TV streaming side, probably the best way to go if you have an HBO sub.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
We watchin' different shows, apparently.

Just Tyrell and Baratheon of the major houses.
Aren't the Martell's effectively done too? However, Dorne allowing women to be heirs without favouring males, I guess Ellaria could simply legitimise all the Sand Snakes. I what's legitimising your coup and making your kids legal heirs, in the face of regicide and the slaughter of your family?

RPGCrazied

Wish all the HBO GO folk luck. Maybe they got their shit together but a few years basically its been a shit show on opening night. Lots of buffering etc. Im watching through the TV streaming side, probably the best way to go if you have an HBO sub.

Maybe it depends on the device?

I'm using an Amazon Fire stick, all the video played on this is smooth as butter.

LogicStep

I just started HBO Now trial.

From what I gather I will be able to watch as soon as it airs? I will be able to tune in at 9 and watch it?

Gnome

Aren't the Martell's effectively done too? However, Dorne allowing women to be heirs without favouring males, I guess Ellaria could simply legitimise all the Sand Snakes. I what's legitimising your coup and making your kids legal heirs, in the face of regicide and the slaughter of your family?

Standard practice feudalism. Good times :)

Also, yeah, that's why I didn't include them.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I just started HBO Now trial.

From what I gather I will be able to watch as soon as it airs? I will be able to tune in at 9 and watch it?

Yes but keep aware that it is the first episode so everyone is trying to watch at once. It might crash.

I see. Well, maybe it will die down after the premiere for future episodes.

The past few years it does. First and Last episodes are always the problem.

Dai101

Banned
FUUUUUUUUUUCK!!

I can't login to any device.

Guess i'm still on time to go with my folks to mooch their HBO on dish....

HBO Now - standalone HBO streaming. Like Netflix. Not tied to any other services. You bring your own internet connection, that's it.

HBO Go - another streaming option, but requires you to have a subscription to HBO through another service, like Comcast Xfinity, FIOS TV, Cox, Charter, Direct TV, etc..., etc...

jfkgoblue

Ugh Dorne
HBO Now - standalone HBO streaming. Like Netflix. Not tied to any other services. You bring your own internet connection, that's it.

HBO Go - another streaming option, but requires you to have a subscription to HBO through another service, like Comcast Xfinity, FIOS TV, Cox, Charter, Direct TV, etc..., etc...
Also note that their is literally zero difference between the two in terms of content and UI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom