• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griss

I'm honestly stunned at how well the Lannisters are playing this game. I thought they'd be dispatched without too much fuss.

WillyFive

How did Jon get all the way to Dragonstone, Bran to Winterfell, the Unsullied to Casterly Rock, but Arya hasn't arrived to Winterfell yet?

Zasa

Definitely feels like Arya kept on trotting towards King's Landing then. Would kind of be too good to be true to have all four of Jon, Arya, Sansa & Bran at Winterfell.

I'm suspecting Arya's going to be the one to pull off some gamechanger for Dany's side, bar some dragons

The only part of the episode I hated was when Euron was prancing through the streets and plenty of people were cheering him on. I feel like he's getting too much love from the common folk.

Savitar

Hate them or not, the Lannisters are playing this game proper. They went from having potentially the weakest of hands to now one of great dominance.

And they do have a counter for the dragons as well.

Dai101

Banned
Queen of Thorns needling that very last one before she goes out. Like a boss.

JJv99.gif

Just like that.

Euron is the real MVP, no one really saw him coming.

WBNSgXt.gif

El-Suave

The first truly great episode of this season. I expected more punishment for the Dornish. The kiss of death was a relative civil way to go for GoT standards.

The Lannisters are benefitting greatly from Dany's refusal to simply storm King's Landing with her dragons, if she did it would be an easy win for her but going about it this way has created a much more even playing field.

sangreal

Wa.... was that LF head in the block? AWESOME!!!

(preview)
I don't see anyone's head in the block in the preview, though it looks like Brienne is beheading someone. They show Pod thrown to the ground so maybe they are just practicing or something

Wondering more why Sansa is not in winterfell

Jombie

I haven't seen the episode yet, but there was no way Dany was going to waltz into Westeros and just one hit KO everyone and take the throne. I think it's what will make her desperate and start acting like her father.

Was it at least better than last week?

How did Jon get all the way to Dragonstone, Bran to Winterfell, the Unsullied to Casterly Rock, but Arya hasn't arrived to Winterfell yet?

Stop focusing on the travels, my God this is the worst complaint from the show and books.

We don't have to know how they got there, some time passed as they travelled.

The shows timeline is non-linear in that all the characters separate storylines aren't simultaneous.

There were some great scenes between the main characters but some of the plotting at the end was just way too convenient. It's a pity the GRRM didn't give them more plot details for these last two seasons as it's obvious they don't have much to work on here.

Boke1879

That was a great episode.

Cersei and her allies are one step ahead though. I feel this will be the case until the Night King shows up.

With this episode over I got a new theory:

Since they keep teasing the idea of Sansa betraying Jon, how about this; with Olenna revealing that she was the mastermind behind Joffrey's death, what if Jaime convinces Cersei to drop her grudge against Sansa. That if Sansa is willing to bend her knee, they'll officially make her the Wardeness of the North.

With the Northern Leaders already upset at Jon I could see them pushing for Sansa to take this offer.

zeemumu

Think about it, though: Every major character who could be considered to have had a hand in the deaths of the Lannister children has been killed/captured.

All but one.

sangreal

The Lannisters are benefitting greatly from Dany's refusal to simply storm King's Landing with her dragons, if she did it would be an easy win for her but going about it this way has created a much more even playing field.

Tyrion not such a great strategist anymore

Volimar

Whoever said Kit Harrington isn't a good actor has to eat their words a him almost shitting his pants at seeing the dragons.

LotusHD

Banned
I haven't seen the episode yet, but there was no way Dany was going to waltz into Westeros and just one hit KO everyone and take the throne. I think it's what will make her desperate and start acting like her father.

Was it at least better than last week?

By far the best episode of the season. Hell, it's one of the best episodes of the entire show imo

The reason Dany is taking L's is apparent in her meeting with Jon, dude comes humbly and she's barking orders with her head high like who gives a fuck woman. She's way too into herself and it's kind of insufferable as a viewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom