• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabka

The sequence of the Unsullied getting the 300-style narration from Tyrion as they assault Casterly Rock was great. Turning out to be a bust after all that was even better.

devilhawk

How did Jon get all the way to Dragonstone, Bran to Winterfell, the Unsullied to Casterly Rock, but Arya hasn't arrived to Winterfell yet?
Arya is traveling form outside King's Landing (the inn) to all the way in the North. The others travelled on boats or much shorter distance (wall to Winterfell). The show with time and distance with boats is whatever.

This was an amazing episode. The stuff with Jon, Tyrion, and Dany especially. But also those glorious shots by Olenna.

if only they had a way to do aerial surveillance (like a dragon). Isn't it, also, pretty difficult to hide ships in the middle of the ocean?

Yeah it's weird.

Loxley

Really good episode.

The only disappointment was Casterly Rock. After all this time we finally get to see it and...I thought it was kind of disappointing. I was expecting something far more grand and extravagant.

denx

Dany will be unleashing the dragons in the next couple of episodes, and Westero's cities and countryside will get fucked up. More and more she will edge closer to the Mad King.

Zetta

Great episode, extremely happy with all the Jon/Dany scenes we got. Favorite part is Jon telling her he doesn't enjoy doing what he is good at, tells you so much about the character.

Nameless

'You're your father's daughter"

giphy.gif

The sequence of the Unsullied getting the 300-style narration from Tyrion as they assault Casterly Rock was great.

Was fucking awful. Completely took me out of the moment and made me think they were using outdated cinematography instead of caring about the moment.

10/10 episode, except for a few things:

1) Why the hell is Bran acting like a creepy dude now? Dude barely even reacted to seeing his sister.

2) I kinda wish they didn't montage through the attack on Casterly Rock. I thought one of the benefits of having less episodes would be that the budget is bigger for awesome action scenes. But maybe they're saving the budget for some truly epic battles in the later half of the season. IDK.

3) How has Arya not gotten back to Winterfell yet lol.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Holy shit, what an episode.

Dany and Jon was like two titans finally meeting, in some way, it was maybe more impactful than her setting foot on Westeros. All throughout that throne scene, you could really feel the tension in the air, one false word from Jon and he would be dragon food. Tyrion had to stir things a bit so it would never get there. Davos once again with the epic wing-manning, just like Tyrion likes to talk, Davos does too, but on the behalf of those he believes in.

It seemed like without getting the news of Ellaria and Yara, though, that talk wouldn't have gone the way it did and now with everything else that has happened, she pretty much has no choice but to join with Jon, even if that means him not bending the knee. They're both being put in situations where the circumstances dictate what has to happen.

Sansa and Bran finally seeing each other was damn emotional, I'm not too proud to admit I cried like a baby. I seems, however, that much like Arya has a lost a bit of herself, so has Bran now that he is The Three Eyed Raven. He really isn't Bran anymore but just The Three Eyed Raven. It was bittersweet seeing them talk to each other, because they are finally together, but Bran seems to not be able to emote what he would've been able before he got into this whole mess. It's a big difference from when he was put on the edge when he saw Jon, and was hurt that he couldn't go with him, and now that he saw Sansa again, he's just there staring off into the distance like a man who has sat on a tree for thousands of years. Also, jesus Bran, why even bring up the Ramsay? He probably doesn't even understand that was not the right time or place to do so but at least Sansa knows Bran ain't bullshitting her.

The scene between Ellaria and Cersei was done beautifully, especially because of the acting involving those 3. 2 of them couldn't even say a word, aside from "mom" once, and you could totally feel the despair to want to break those chains and save each other, but they couldn't. Now she has to watch her daughter slowly die. Extremely effective scene to show us how much Cersei cared for her daughter. It apparently got her super horny, too.

While the battle for Casterly Rock wasn't as great as I wish it would've been, I assume they are saving the budget from a Battle of the Bastards type battle later in the season, I still liked a lot because of the weight it carries for the state of the world and its armies. Casterly Rock has gone from being a massively important place, to just a pawn in Cersei's board, one that can be sacrificed to keep the Queen safe, it was also really good strategy by Jaime.

The battle for Highgarden, once again, was one that I wished would've been bigger but I understand why they couldn't have two massive battles in the same episode, but once again, it was great for story reasons. Now house Tyrell is truly dead but at least Olenna had the last laugh. Jaime took pity on her and she delivered him the biggest final "fuck you" she could possibly dump on him. One of this show's biggest badasses and she did it all while sitting down and talking. I'll miss her.

Definitely the best episode of the season, I'd say.

pestul

I'm starting to think the only thing that scarred Varys as shown by that red priestess last season was actually something Targaryen related and that he's secretly still feeding Cersei info... :/

Volimar

Really good episode.

The only disappointment was Casterly Rock. After all this time we finally get to see it and...I thought it was kind of disappointing. I was expecting something far more grand and extravagant.

That's kind of the point isn't it? It's been in decline for years and they took pretty much everything of value when they abandoned it.

Ponn

Banned
The reason Dany is taking L's is apparent in her meeting with Jon, dude comes humbly and she's barking orders with her head high like who gives a fuck woman. She's way too into herself and it's kind of insufferable as a viewer.

It's gonna be awkward when she goes to him

"So yea, you know my army I said I had?"

Cersai kicking ass right now, I guess it would be pretty boring if Danny just steam rolled everyone like we were expecting.

But Danny must be pisses right now. Will we see the main event next week?

Fuck what a great episode. 7 days ahhhhhhh!!!!!

Whoever said Kit Harrington isn't a good actor has to eat their words a him almost shitting his pants at seeing the dragons.

Yep.

Also those scenes with him and Dany.

Plus also that fantastic moment with Tyrion, and where he admits and asks for advice on how the hell is he supposed to convince people about the white walkers of all things.

Jon not taking Dany's bullshit was one of the most satisfying moments in this shows entire run.

So good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom