• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
10/10 episode, except for a few things:

1) Why the hell is Bran acting like a creepy dude now? Dude barely even reacted to seeing his sister.

Bran has seem some shit...Like he can't look Sansa in the eye after seeing her get raped by Ramsay, can't crack a smile around her. Seems creepy, but you have to understand from his perspective, it must be eating away at him knowing he couldn't do anything to help her.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

1) Why the hell is Bran acting like a creepy dude now? Dude barely even reacted to seeing his sister.
Imagine being a teenager and seeing the history of everything, including the horrible events that have befallen your family. Bran is LITERALLY this right now:
b4a.jpg

JORMBO

Darkness no more
This guy with the infinite amount of god mode boats is annoying. How did he take them by suprise again? It was broad daylight.

Does Euron have speed boats or is casterly rock close to kings landong. It hd to be at most a day since he was just with cersEi

I mean Jon went from The North to Dragonstone in the time between episodes.

People need to realize huge chunks of time are happening between episodes / scenes. The show is just running in full overdrive now

How was it outdated?

Studio-recorded narration with expository purposes. It's more modern to let images or interactions do the talking.

Also, yet another joke about Kit Harrington brooding is another of those moments when the showrunners don't know when to treat their material as more than their toy.

Gurrry

Can we all agree easily the strongest episode of the season so far? Yes I know only 3 but I think it was head and shoulders the best

No doubt. The ending really settled that too. Finally putting that to bed was a good way to close the loose ends.

I like that Jon and Dany arent immediately best buds either. That will be one story line we get that isnt rushed at least. (I hope)

You can tell though that this not being 10 episodes hurts this show. It was built on being able to develop characters over a long period of time (call it filler if you want), and this season you can tell they have the fast forward button on. Doesnt ruin the season, its just a vast difference from seasons 1-6.

Ridli

With his conversation w/ Sansa it seems like he's still getting his bearing as the three eyed raven. He mentioned how he's seeing everything, simultaneously, and how he needs to get better. I imagine he's getting overwhelmed with visions and whatnot so it's probably like he's seeing sansa on a second screen.

I mean, he just mentioned how he's accutely aware of all the details of Sansa's wedding to Ramsay and her rape. Dude is still processing all this shit he's seeing.

This guy with the infinite amount of god mode boats is annoying. How did he take them by suprise again? It was broad daylight.

Euron is easily the weakest part of the story right now. It's all ridiculous and kind of annoying, he's also unlikable so that doesn't help.

But it also tells us that Bran is not the Bran we once knew. He is much different now that he is The Three Eyed Raven.

Awful acting. The 3 eyed raven that Bran met had more humanity, although he had been the 3 eyed raven for a much longer time.

The One and Done™;244962450 said:
Bran pretty much confirmed he saw his sister raped. That'd fuck you up too. Fucker has PTSD right now. Poor kid.

You think he would have hugged her, consoled her, cried or something at least. I dunno, seems like a silly argument to have though.

rambis

Banned
Lol the fire and ice is real. Definitely see the dynamic. They tease Jon the targ a little too much but I guess its not such a big secret. I wonder if Jon could ride one of the dragons.

I find it really hard to take interest in the 7 kingdoms war plot. Im glad they seem to be moving at breakneck speed. I feel like we are due for some night king action soon.

Socivol

This show continues to piss me off and kill all the good characters while letting the worst ones live to see another day ugh! This was the best episode of the season so far but Bran was such a weirdo I hated it!

Volimar

Why are you assuming he took them by surprise? The battle was likely much longer than it appears, so he could have had time to sail up and attack.

The Unsullied are gonna have a rough time marching across Westeros. I hope they're not too proud to stop and ask directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom