• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

Cat: "For the last time, stop fucking climbing these towers Bran!"

Bran: "Ok mom."

Cat: "..."

*A few moments later*

Bran: "I know I promised mom I won't do this, but who is she to tell Bran Stark of Winterfell what he can and cannot do?!"

*My inner thoughts*

"This kid is fucking stupid and will probably hurt himself."

Jaime: "The things I do for love."

Me: "Yep, told you."

I get that, but Jon dying and coming back played a role in the story. It didn't happen just to shock the viewers. It was obvious he was coming back but it didn't happen just for the sake of it happening, he needed to die because he wouldn't have left the Black otherwise. It was the only way to end his oath.

Jon and Dany ending up together in a physical, loving relationship won't serve a purpose this late in the show. Would it?

Why are you sleeping on my "stallion that mounts the world" mistold prophecy angle? lol.

Cat: "For the last time, stop fucking climbing these towers Bran!"

Bran: "Ok mom."

Cat: "..."

*A few moments later*

Bran: "I know I promised mom I won't do this, but who is she to tell Bran Stark of Winterfell what he can and cannot do?!"

*My inner thoughts*

"This kid is fucking stupid and will probably hurt himself."

Jaime: "The things I do for love."

Me: "Yep, told you."

Why are you sleeping on my "stallion that mounts the world" mistold prophecy angle? lol.

You expected bran to get thrown, not fall off a tower because he caught two people fucking, not just two people, but brother and sister...No you didn't.

Stallion, the Dragons are her stallions, she rides them into battle. She mounts/owns the world. I dunno.

I was curious what you meant though. Is it the case where LOTR has multiple endings?

Sorry, I assume everyone has seen LOTR. But the ending is very long and when you expect it to end, it cuts to another scene and gives you even more ending details. It's great, some people thought it was too much, I loved it.

So am I the only one who always thought that Jon and Dany will end up together? Once I realized Jon is the main male protagonist(after Red Wedding) and Dany is main female protagonist, I always thought that somehow they will end up together. Their entire storyline built up towards this season. The moment when they finally came together on screen in last episode was awesome. I am pretty sure they will bang each other this season or in future season. It has to be done.

What I mean is you can predict pretty much every major twist in the show because it plays by two hard and fast rules:

1. Jon and Dany's plot lines are played straight in regards to how they develop (they develop exactly as you would expect the average fantasy story to develop them)
  2. plot points concerning the various lords of Westeros as they struggle for the Iron Throne are played inversely in regards to the standard fantasy trope (so if in the standard fantasy story Obyrn Martell beats The Mountain and gets his revenge, in GoT you do the opposite and have The Mountain crush his head at the last second)

Basically for Jon and Dany you do what's expected out of a standard fantasy story, and for the game of thrones you do the opposite.

Oh I see. And I think at this point, that is a fair way to play the game. The story has been very entertaining thus far, they don't need to throw in another huge twist to try and make it more entertaining coz it could easily backfuckin fire.

Sorry, I assume everyone has seen LOTR. But the ending is very long and when you expect it to end, it cuts to another scene and gives you even more ending details. It's great, some people thought it was too much, I loved it.
OH ha I know what you mean now you're just referencing that running joke about the rotk ending. I've seen the lotr movies.

But yeah, I think that would be cool if they did that and who knows maybe they will, maybe they have to. There's a whole 7 kingdoms that need to be covered.

edit: sorry for double post

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh I see. And I think at this point, that is a fair way to play the game. The story has been very entertaining thus far, they don't need to throw in another huge twist to try and make it more entertaining coz it could easily backfuckin fire.

Which is a point I made earlier on.

If you suddenly applied the King's Landing logic to Dany and Jon's plot she would have burned him alive for not taking the knee, she would then lose to Cersei who would in turn would die a horrible death to the White Walkers.

It probably wouldn't play out exactly that way, but you get the idea.

My larger point was that the track the show is on now isn't surprising because Jon and Dany's plots supersede the others and as such their rules do as well.

Heshinsi

You expected bran to get thrown, not fall off a tower because he caught two people fucking, not just two people, but brother and sister...No you didn't.

Stallion, the Dragons are her stallions, she rides them into battle. She mounts/owns the world. I dunno.

When he went up the tower after promising his mother he wouldn't do it, I expected him to slip and get hurt. Him catching Cersei and Jaime wasn't expected for sure. But I was already anticipating fuckery, and I got that delivered. Just like I had a feeling that Ned trusting LF after he told him earlier not to trust him would result in fuckery as well.

No im thinking it's an actual human child, and that the old Khalessi got the child wrong. The dragons are plural not singular, so it can't be the dragons.

So am I the only one who always thought that Jon and Dany will end up together?

You're never the only one and in this case you're absolutely in the majority, lol.

OH ha I know what you mean now you're just referencing that running joke about the rotk ending. I've seen the lotr movies.

But yeah, I think that would be cool if they did that and who knows maybe they will, maybe they have to. There's a whole 7 kingdoms that need to be covered.

edit: sorry for double post

I really hope they don't leave out Essos in all of this, Essos has to be fucked as well otherwise they'd just hire Euron's men to build fleets to ship everyone over to save them from the WW's.

When he went up the tower after promising his mother he wouldn't do it, I expected him to slip and get hurt. Him catching Cersei and Jaime wasn't expected for sure. But I was already anticipating fuckery, and I got that delivered. Just like I had a feeling that Ned trusting LF after he told him earlier not to trust him would result in fuckery as well.

No im thinking it's an actual human child, and that the old Khalessi got the child wrong. The dragons are plural not singular, so it can't be the dragons.

Right, so my point stands that there's plenty of stuff this show does that you expect and is obvious, but there's always twists that you don't expect. You felt bran was going to fall, the show made that obvious but how it happened and for what reason and the result of him now being a crippled three eyed raven whatever the fuck he is. That is something you did not expect.

Heshinsi

You're never the only one and in this case you're absolutely in the majority, lol.

I really hope they don't leave out Essos in all of this, Essos has to be fucked as well otherwise they'd just hire Euron's men to build fleets to ship everyone over to save them from the WW's.
I'm telling you Daario Naharis being left behind is going to turn out to be an inspired decision on Dany's part. Just as all hope is lost, ships appear from the east to save everyone (not you Cersei). Daario was told by the Red Priestess to build ships to save his queen, and has recruited the former slaver cities to tirelessly build these ships to save the people (fuck off Cersei you're not coming) of Westeros. Perfect twist to Daario's "fuck the people" attitude.

If you are watching the show with the anticipation that something unexpected is going to happen any minute, then wouldn't a traditional ending be a surprise?

Which is a point I made earlier on.

If you suddenly applied the King's Landing logic to Dany and Jon's plot she would have burned him alive for not taking the knee, she would then lose to Cersei who would in turn would die a horrible death to the White Walkers.

It probably wouldn't play out exactly that way, but you get the idea.

My larger point was that the track the show is on now isn't surprising because Jon and Dany's plots supersede the others and as such their rules do as well.
I think you're right.
I'm telling you Daario Naharis being left behind is going to turn out to be an inspired decision on Dany's part. Just as all hope is lost, ships appear from the east to save everyone (not you Cersei). Daario was told by the Red Priestess to build ships to save his queen, and has recruited the former slaver cities to tirelessly build these ships to save the people (fuck off Cersei you're not coming) of Westeros. Perfect twist to Daario's "fuck the people" attitude.
If Daario ever shows up again, he better not take Dany away from Jon (if they are together)
If you are watching the show with the anticipation that something unexpected is going to happen any minute, then wouldn't a traditional ending be a surprise?
Yes!

So am I the only one who always thought that Jon and Dany will end up together? Once I realized Jon is the main male protagonist(after Red Wedding) and Dany is main female protagonist, I always thought that somehow they will end up together. Their entire storyline built up towards this season. The moment when they finally came together on screen in last episode was awesome. I am pretty sure they will bang each other this season or in future season. It has to be done.

Pretty much everyone has thought Dany and Jon would get together after Jon came back from death.

And when Jon died, the people who thought Jon would be resurrected, were probably all in the same boat as you i.e. picked Dany and Jon to end up together well before he died. The name of the book is a song of Fire (Dany) and Ice (Snow).

People like me have believed that Tyrion is the third targaryan - there are three heads of the dragon - for a long time too. Pretty much confirmed when the dragons didnt eat him last season in my opinion.

They want to have their cake and eat it too.

Unless you come up with a good reason for Jon and Dany to end up together within the universe, one that's important to the progression or conclusion of the story. Then I'm done.

Right now all you're telling me is you expect it to end like a typical fantasy world where it has a happy ending, love conquers all.

Heshinsi

Unless you come up with a good reason for Jon and Dany to end up together within the universe, one that's important to the progression or conclusion of the story. Then I'm done.

Right now all you're telling me is you expect it to end like a typical fantasy world where it has a happy ending, love conquers all.
The love between Jon and Dany will be so powerful, it would drive the humanity back into the Nights King's heart when he's confronted by it, and he'll realise what a massive dick he is and stop his invasion. Even he will understand that he has no fucking right to stop this god damn train.

The only thing that would be a surprise if it ends in a similar way to how other stories end. Meaning a a regular ending where the good win and the evil people get what they deserve. In reality, this could be the season where several major characters will die.

1tly40.gif

Not today.

steven85

Banned
I caved in and watched episode 4. All it did was increase my thirst for more. Now unless more episodes leak the wait has increased by +2 days for the next episode. Bittersweet lol

Heshinsi

Do you remember that scene in Jurassic Park when the electric fence system got shut down? This thread is the human occupied portion of the park, the fence are the mods, and right now the dinosaurs have realised the fence is down. I'm hiding in the kitchen while raptors go up and down the aisle menacingly, head swaying left and right as they scan for victims. How are you faring?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Do you remember that scene in Jurassic Park when the electric fence system got shut down? This thread is the human occupied portion of the park, the fence are the mods, and right now the dinosaurs have realised the fence is down. I'm hiding in the kitchen while raptors go up and down the aisle menacingly, head swaying left and right as they scan for victims. How are you faring?

the-best-dinosaur-kills-in-the-original-jurassic-park-7-photos-71.gif

steven85

Banned
Honestly if you don't want it spoiled and want to keep frequenting the internet like you normally do. I'd say just go for it and watch it. It's the shortest episode this season then just rewatch it in glorious HD on Sunday.

Carcetti

I think expecting a traditional heroic fantasy ending wouldn't be a surprise here. The showrunners aren't exactly doing Oscar material now that they're on their own.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Like, is that really that hard to just not talk about the leak?

Seriously. Not that fucking hard. Talk about it somewhere else. NOT. HERE. AT ALL. NO HINTS. NO TEASES. NOTHING. Do us a fucking solid and read the goddamn OP, specifically the text that is highlighted in red.

nubbe

Seriously. Not that fucking hard. Talk about it somewhere else. NOT. HERE. AT ALL. NO HINTS. NO TEASES. NOTHING. Do us a fucking solid and read the goddamn OP, specifically the text that is highlighted in red.

we aren't strong readers in this thread, for obvious reasons :p

DoomGyver

giphy.gif

kmax

Don't discuss leaked material, please. Show some respect for the people that are watching the show. It's common decency.

There are tons of leaks out there, and this is not the place to be discussing them.

cyba89

GoT story is actually very traditional since Season 5 or so. There weren't so many totally shocking or unexpected things since Oberyns death three seasons ago.

JawzPause

Honestly if you don't want it spoiled and want to keep frequenting the internet like you normally do. I'd say just go for it and watch it. It's the shortest episode this season then just rewatch it in glorious HD on Sunday.
Yep completely agree. I watched it only so i wouldn't be spoiled, and it was fucking worth it

GoT story is actually very traditional since Season 5 or so. There weren't so many totally shocking or unexpected things since Oberyns death three seasons ago.
Jon snow getting murdered?

Jon Snow murdered.
The stark boy killed by Ramsay instead of being saved.
Hodor dying.
and this season Dany losing the first two battles after looking so strong at the end of season 6.

The good guys have not had it all their way, which would be the traditional story telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom