• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI I'd avoid youtube entirely. I was looking up a theory and I saw several clips of the leaked episode, surprised HBO doesn't seem to be taking them down very quickly.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Payback for all that Jon and Dany fanfic garbage you were spewing last weekend, lol.

That's a disproportionate response there Valar. I was simply painting you a beautiful image of two gorgeous people destined to fulfil their one true purpose in life. The bringing together of ice and fire to create something awe inspiring. You on the other hand sir, have traumatised my mind by putting in there a visual of a man who is balding, old, and damn near turned into the Thing, stealing Khaleesi away and having gross sex with her.

giphy.gif

Even if Jon doesn't wanna give it back to him, Jorah could at least recognize that the sword belongs in his family. If they wanna acknowledge it or not coz they could easily narratively ignore it like they ignored madd shit the last episode.

Sam will give Jorah his dad's sword I reckon.

Anyone of note who will be fighting white walkers needs to have a valerian steel sword.

If they don't, then I reckon they will die before the end of the show.

I dont think Sam will be in a battle again, hence he can give his sword away to Jorah.

gun_haver

As far as Daenerys goes, I say she can fuck off. That's my new opinion, replacing my old opinion, which was no opinion.

When she was running around Slaver's Bay starting fights with Unambiguously Bad Guys who had no backstory, all was fine. I enjoyed her various advisors and the slow progression of the dragons was cool to see unfold. She wasn't messing with any characters I cared about, just a bunch of nobodies. Sure, kill them, who cares. Take over another city, have a blast.

Now she's coming over here and is planning to kill a bunch of the best characters on the show, and she doesn't measure up at all. She's got no entertainment value outside of dragons, really. Then there is her hypocrisy and also her shitness.

If I saw Daenerys at the bus stop, I'd say this to her, completely unprovoked:

Fuck off, Daenerys! If you want to make the world a better place, why not stay in Essos. You already conquered half of it, and there are still a mess of slaves over there. Nobody in Westeros was begging for you to come save them, you sought out allies and made military deals. Your idea that you have a birthright to the throne makes you just as much a tyrant as the monsters you're fighting! This will end in a cataclysm! Leaving Essos as soon as you had a big enough fleet only proves that you were using those poor people as practice, what's to become of them now? Is this how you lead the world to peace and freedom? Have you even sent a letter? You're bad! You let those massive crowds calling your a saviour go to your head! You stink! Get OUTTA here!

The B-Show has invaded the A-Show!

Heshinsi

So what happens if the Nights King is like, "hey guys, don't engage. Just sit back and watch our never ending supply of weights overwhelm them"? All this talk about Valyrian Steel swords, but they're only good if the White Walkers are stupid enough to get their hands dirty. I'd just sit back and throw wave after wave of weights at them, till they're all dead.

Why not, I mean there both like what 600?

I kid
real talk though I wonder if that's all we'll see of Melisandre this season.
Why do people always ship characters with no chemistry together.
there's so many parallels you can draw out of these two characters, they're just so perfect for each other.
Sam will give Jorah his dad's sword I reckon.

Anyone of note who will be fighting white walkers needs to have a valerian steel sword.

If they don't, then I reckon they will die before the end of the show.

I dont think Sam will be in a battle again, hence he can give his sword away to Jorah.
I think last episode was the last time Sam & Jorah will see each other this season. Jorah's got no reason to stay at Oldtown and Sam ain't got his MD yet.

That's a disproportionate response there Valar. I was simply painting you a beautiful image of two gorgeous people destined to fulfil their one true purpose in life. The bringing together of ice and fire to create something awe inspiring. You on the other hand sir, have traumatised my mind by putting in there a visual of a man who is balding, old, and damn near turned into the Thing, stealing Khaleesi away and having gross sex with her.

giphy.gif

Jon x Dany is all that matters

After episode 3 of season 7, this show is as much a love story to me as it is a song of ice and fire and a game of thrones

edit: sorry for double post

Atomic Odin

so I wonder how many people actually know that Jon was dead/resurrected, it's his own in universe secret like how the show's secret is r+l=j. did he tell all the northern lords + Royce? Or does he hide it from generally everybody like he hid it from Dany Tyrion & Missandei?

tumblr_n4q2qwmaQD1spd5tjo1_250.gif

just tryna lighten up the mood in this thread

just coz i got a traitor in my avatar don't mean i am one

yeah probably lol

i was just tryna think of stuff to talk about.
image.php

Sansa went with Jon when he asked for free folks to fight against the boltons. Tormund said about it all there. Can't remember who else was with them apart from Davos but Sansa deffo knows.

I think last episode was the last time Sam & Jorah will see each other this season. Jorah's got no reason to stay at Oldtown and Sam ain't got his MD yet.

Well then I don't have much hope for Jorah.

But maybe that means that Sam will fight a white walker again.

It doesnt make sense to introduce that sword if noone is going to fight a white walker with it.

Ernest

Banned
So what happens if the Nights King is like, "hey guys, don't engage. Just sit back and watch our never ending supply of weights overwhelm them"? All this talk about Valyrian Steel swords, but they're only good if the White Walkers are stupid enough to get their hands dirty. I'd just sit back and throw wave after wave of weights at them, till they're all dead.

I think the Night King/White Walkers needs to be there, in the middle of the shit, in order to raise the dead.

Real Talk

He finaly got out of that nasty ass shirt last episode. Like WTF 6 seasons with 1 shirt?

Never even though about that but you're right, dude wore the same shit the whole time, lol.

giphy.gif

lol...Iain Glen is handsome as fuck though.

real talk though I wonder if that's all we'll see of Melisandre this season.

there's so many parallels you can draw out of these two characters, they're just so perfect for each other.

Yea, I don't think we are seeing anymore millasandre this season. Shes off to volantis. Which is a shame because I really wanted her to run into arya again.

Oh well next season I guess.

why does that mean you don't have hope for Jorah?

because if you dont own a valerian steel sword, you are unlikely to survive the white walkers.

Owning a valerian steel sword or controlling a dragon (as in Dany's case and my belief that Tyrion can too) is pretty good plot armour in my opinion.

I can't wait for that to happen. Generally I don't ship tv couples but damn, I always felt that both of them are destined to be together.
well then you always had the right feeling, man

i ship Jon & Dany, harder than I shipped TK & Kari and Rick & Michonne
because if you dont own a valerian steel sword, you are unlikely to survive the white walkers.

Owning a valerian steel sword or controlling a dragon (as in Dany's case and my belief that Tyrion can too) is pretty good plot armour in my opinion.

you'll probably be fine with some dragonglass...

All they need is a moat of fire to hold the wights back.

The white walkers don't seem to give a fuck about fire though. Which is interesting.

Carl

As far as Daenerys goes, I say she can fuck off. That's my new opinion, replacing my old opinion, which was no opinion.

When she was running around Slaver's Bay starting fights with Unambiguously Bad Guys who had no backstory, all was fine. I enjoyed her various advisors and the slow progression of the dragons was cool to see unfold. She wasn't messing with any characters I cared about, just a bunch of nobodies. Sure, kill them, who cares. Take over another city, have a blast.

Now she's coming over here and is planning to kill a bunch of the best characters on the show, and she doesn't measure up at all. She's got no entertainment value outside of dragons, really. Then there is her hypocrisy and also her shitness.

Fuck off, Daenerys! If you want to make the world a better place, why not stay in Essos. You already conquered half of it, and there are still a mess of slaves over there. Nobody in Westeros was begging for you to come save them, you sought out allies and made military deals. Your idea that you have a birthright to the throne makes you just as much a tyrant as the monsters you're fighting! This will end in a cataclysm! Leaving Essos as soon as you had a big enough fleet only proves that you were using those poor people as practice, what's to become of them now? Is this how you lead the world to peace and freedom? Have you even sent a letter? You're bad! You let those massive crowds calling your a saviour go to your head! You stink! Get OUTTA here!

Best post

Worst post

you'll probably be fine with some dragonglass...

dragonglass if for the plebs (i.e. footsoldiers) who may take out a couple of white walkers but will die too.

Valerian steel means you will fight one on one with white walker general and win, like what Jon did in that episode a few seasons back.

edit: what is the difference between a white walker and wight? Ive been calling them all white walkers?!?

dragonglass if for the plebs (i.e. footsoldiers) who may take out a couple of white walkers but will die too.

Valerian steel means you will fight one on one with white walker general and win, like what Jon did in that episode a few seasons back.

I think they have enough dragonglass that they can do some large scale damage to the winter threat.

Youtube comments quality post.

I think they have enough dragonglass that they can do some large scale damage to the winter threat.

I look forward to seeing what the weapons they make from dragonglass are like.

Im tipping it will be spears, arrow tips, daggers and swords only. No bombs like with wildfire or anything.

HvySky

edit: what is the difference between a white walker and wight? Ive been calling them all white walkers?!?

Wights are the zombies / living dead / whatever you want to call them. White Walkers are the commanding officer, so to speak. The mythical creatures you hear about in legend like the Night King whom can theoretically only be killed by dragon glass or Valyrian Steel.

I look forward to seeing what the weapons they make from dragonglass are like.

Im tipping it will be spears, arrow tips, daggers and swords only. No bombs like with wildfire or anything.
yeah if you equip everyone with those then there's a standing chance. plus the dragons.
Wights are the zombies / living dead / whatever you want to call them. White Walkers are the commanding officer, so to speak. The mythical creatures you hear about in legend like the Night King whom can theoretically only be killed by dragon glass or Valyrian Steel.
https://youtu.be/xgYvnIZWeXE?t=2m14s

My friends on facebook apparently have no self control. Who is responsible for the Leaks? Can Trump prosecute them?

Apparently it's leaked from India.
Saw this on Indian news app:

Game of Thrones Season 7 Episode 4 Leak Has an Indian Connection:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/entertainme...2?type=news&id=1733682&category=entertainment

Shared via NDTV News App (Android - ndtv.com/android | iPhone - ndtv.com/iPhone )

I hope HBO fines them severely and/or terminates the contract. Leaks are pathetic.

do you need dragon glass to kill the wights? I reckon I remember jon thinks its fire to kill them. and you can injure them but they will resurrect if they are not burned.

HvySky

do you need dragon glass to kill the wights? I reckon I remember jon thinks its fire to kill them. and you can injure them but they will resurrect if they are not burned.

Jon and crew didn't seem to have an issue dropping wights at Hardhome and burning them will guarantee they don't come back. Valyrian steel / dragon glass seems reserved specifically for the Walkers. Fire doesn't seem to affect them either considering they basically extinguish fire they walk through.

I think you do, if not by fire.

We've seen the NK resurrect a whole lot of them at Hardhome.

Edit: I mean permanently kill.

Jon and crew didn't seem to have an issue dropping wights at Hardhome and burning them will guarantee they don't come back. Valyrian steel / dragon glass seems reserved specifically for the Walkers. Fire doesn't seem to affect them either considering they basically extinguish fire they walk through.

I think you do, if not by fire.

We've seen the NK resurrect a whole lot of them at Hardhome.

Edit: I mean permanently kill.

Yeah I reckon Valar Morghulis is probably right.

You might take down wights but unless they are burned or killed with dragonglass (like what Sam did) they can be resurrected.

Heshinsi

Jorah isn't going to get Dany stop it lol. Dude's skin looks like he doubles for Deadpool. No, there's a better chance of Dany accepting a Yara marriage offer, than hooking up with Jorah. Dany should immediately name him to the Queen's Guard and get this nonsense done with forever.

Jorah isn't going to get Dany stop it lol. Dude's skin looks like he doubles for Deadpool. No, there's a better chance of Dany accepting a Yara marriage offer, than hooking up with Jorah. Dany should immediately name him to the Queen's Guard and get this nonsense done with forever.

I think Dany was more into Jon than the other way around the last episode.

as much as I hate to admit it, we don't really know where the Jon x Dany relationship will go this season so who knows. Jorah could get it yet.

lol there's no way.

That skin could heal. Aside from that though, what do you have against him? she'd be long dead if it wasn't for him. She wouldn't have made it past the first couple seasons if he didn't have a boner for her. First because he would have let her get poisoned, second, because he probably would have done it himself, not to mention the countless of other times he advised her and killed for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom