• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about least amount of screen time, but Little Finger and Cersei currently have the most interesting story. Jon is cool too

rtcn63

Plot twist: The White Walkers just wanted to piss off the Wall and then go back home

giphy.gif

Nameless

Those Cersei and Tyrion scenes during S2 and S3 are some of my favorite in the show. Dinklage and Headey had such incredible chemistry.

Vashetti

Banned
Those Cersei and Tyrion scenes during S2 and S3 are some of my favorite in the show. Dinklage and Headey had such incredible chemistry.

They were also frustrating as fuck because there are a few times you can see they're actually getting on and then Cersei has to insult him or pull out her ulterior motive.

If she'd shown Tyrion a bit of love, he would have been her greatest ally.

Speevy

Banned
I think it's hilarious that Jaime and Cersei are having sex out in the open. This was the most scandalous things in season 1 and now everyone is okay with it.

Cersei basically rules King's Landing and the Reach and makes up whatever rules she wants either to follow.

This is something I miss about this show but I guess it's to be expected when things are moving quickly towards the end game, but some of my favorite bits from the entire series come from dialogue heavy interactions between certain character.

Arya and Tywin probably being my favorite.

No.

Vashetti

Banned
This is something I miss about this show but I guess it's to be expected when things are moving quickly towards the end game, but some of my favorite bits from the entire series come from dialogue heavy interactions between certain character.

One of the greatest scenes is Robert and Cersei's scene in Season 1. It's entirely a show invention and only happened because the episode was coming up short and they literally needed low-budget filler.

Tonky

I think it's hilarious that Jaime and Cersei are having sex out in the open. This was the most scandalous things in season 1 and now everyone is okay with it.

Cersei basically rules King's Landing and the Reach and makes up whatever rules she wants either to follow.
"By royal decree, Spaghetti Wednesday is now....on Tuesday!"

Volimar

It's good to be the queen.

Nameless

Fear of delegitimizing their children's claim and Tywin's wrath had a lot to do with it too. They have nothing to lose on top of no one to stop them.

Vashetti

Banned

"Your grace, you told me to come to you at any time if there was something of interest."
"What is it?"
"I saw your brother, Ser Jaime, your grace. With another Lannister!"
"Who was it?"
"You, your grace!"

Yup that's it.

You've posted a shortened version though! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY5As-RP1MM

Nameless

No.

Totally agree. Sad we probably won't get another Littlefinger vs. Varys confrontations, their verbal duels never disappointed.

https://youtu.be/EsMpocmDJxU

Yup that's it.

You've posted a shortened version though! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY5As-RP1MM

lol yeah, I posted the first I could find with squinty eyes in fear of seeing a spoiler of tonight's episode.

Totally agree. Sad we probably won't get another Littlefinger vs. Varys confrontations, their verbal duels never disappointed.

https://youtu.be/EsMpocmDJxU

There's nothing in the last couple seasons that's even remotely comparable to so many of the great exchanges in the first 4.

Now we get shit like, I came here to brood, but you're better at brooding, lol.

There is hope for a Varyas and LF reunion though considering Jon and Dany are going to team up, an exchange between the two being as great as anything from the first couple seasons, not a chance, but still.

It's not like it was really a secret. Everybody that mattered knew it already after Stannis declared it.

Similar story with Loras and Renly's homosexuality.

Nobody trully has a secret in this show aside from Melissandre

Speevy

Banned
It's not like it was really a secret. Everybody that mattered knew it already after Stannis declared it.

Similar story with Loras and Renly's homosexuality.

Nobody trully has a secret in this show aside from Melissandre

One of the most compelling things about this show was its secrets, and that a society based on lords and houses wouldn't stand for those secrets.

Of course, never showing the people, you never know what anyone is thinking.

Speevy

Banned
Cersei in season 1 is played so differently than Cersei in season 7.

What was the moment when she first changed to crazy Cersei?

I don't think there's a thin line between Cersei of old and new.

It's been a slow progression as the seasons pass on. If you rewatch the series you can see how much she changes step by step. So many things compounding and adding to what she's become, it's great.

One of the most compelling things about this show was its secrets, and that a society based on lords and houses wouldn't stand for those secrets.

Of course, never showing the people, you never know what anyone is thinking.

We have seen in multiple scenes that a lot of the common folk know about Cersei and Jaime.

Nameless

Wouldn't call her "Crazy Cersei", clearly she has her faculties and isn't mindlessly doing random shit, but coming out of that mourning period after Joffrey's death is when the decreased levels of giving-a-fuck started to show and it continued to get worse as she loss more children. Which makes total sense as the love for kids is one of the character's defining traits and few redeeming qualities.

Vashetti

Banned
Wouldn't call her "Crazy Cersei", clearly she has her faculties and isn't mindlessly doing random shit, but coming out of that mourning period after Joffrey's death is when the decreased levels of giving-a-fuck started to show and it continued to get worse as she loss more children. Which makes total sense as the love for kids is one of the character's defining traits and few redeeming qualities.

I love the opening ep of Season 6 where she gleefully runs down to the docks to meet Myrcella, and as Jaime approaches you can just she her expression break down.

Speevy

Banned
Every time Robert would return from a hunt she would present him with one of Jaime's children.

Every time Jaime returns one of the children dies.

Just to clarify, is it ok to post anything from the episodes that already aired without spoiler tag?

Yup, as long as it's officially aired you can post anything without tags. Speculation doesn't need spoiler tags either.

What should have spoiler tags is trailer/preview discussions.

What shouldn't be discussed, books, comparisons to the books, leaks.

Yup, as long as it's officially aired you can post anything without tags. Speculation doesn't need spoiler tags either.

What should have spoiler tags is trailer/preview discussions.

What shouldn't be discussed, books, comparisons to the books, leaks.

Gratitude.

I ask because although, as other kindly mentioned, the info in on the OP, but last week I said something about the episode and someone mentioned it was a spoiler and I should tag it. And it really wasn't as I saw it.

I mean, I don't want to be banned for something silly as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom