• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
sorry im not a graphic designer

Ud1wZxt.jpg

I made a small alteration to your fine poster

cYwqKdT.jpg

erawsd

They're not really prone to madness though. Like, this isn't some trait they all share. "When a Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin" is meant to note that half of them are pretty much crazy and the other half aren't. Dany's the latter. I have my nitpicks with the character, but she's not really approaching Mad King level cruelty, just doing what's needed to win a war. She's no Ned Stark.

Even Ned was executing people for the sake of maintaining order and deterring others from being disloyal.

Salty as fuck that Davos isn't joining the band of brothers

He's a heroic and manly man who would be honor-bound to sacrifice himself when the event that kills half of them inevitably goes down. It's important everyone who sallies forth North of the Wall with Jon Snow is to some degree expendable or douchey, and preferably a whole lot of both.

jett

D-Member
Tyrion says the Tarlys will be wiped out if Danny kills Dickon.

Sam be like, what about me?

He took the black.

Although maybe at the end of the show, if he survives that long, they'll have eradicated the white walkers and there won't be a need for the watch.

Dabanton

Arya is just an asshole to Sansa for no reason and she is also getting played by Littlefinger how annoying

With all of the deception and tricks she's been through to become a faceless man. I think she's playing a game where she gets an unknowing bitter Sansa to have Littlefinger reveal his intentions or overplay his hand. This is a girl who has killed entire houses.

It would be hilarious to have LF finally get what he wants only for the undead to overrun the area.

Vectorman

Banned
Lol as if the Night's Watch will be around by the time this series is over. Wall's going down y'all with probably the last of the Watch. Doubt Sam will be able to keep the Oath when there's no oath.

He's technically double-sworn to obscurity, as Maesters of the Citadel also renounce their family name and holdings. If he finds some slaves to sell real quick he could maybe go for the "no permitted inheritance" hat trick.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He took the black.

Although maybe at the end of the show, if he survives that long, they'll have eradicated the white walkers and there won't be a need for the watch.

The entire purpose of the Night's Watch is gone if the Night King gets taken down. And also if the Night King kills everyone.

Neece

Tyrion says the Tarlys will be wiped out if Danny kills Dickon.

Sam be like, what about me?

The more pressing question is what about the Tarly cousins and uncles? Are there no other Tarly relatives?

All of these houses are so dangerously close to being extinct with no extended family lol.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It did suddenly occur to me that Dany might not actually be cool with someone who has more legitimacy to the throne, even if she does want to fuck him. I mean she has been wanting the Iron Throne forever now. I could see a scenario that suddenly makes her turn on Jon even if she hates it. She didn't come all this way to bend the knee to Jon now lol. Hmm...I could like that maybe.

I don't want that

I still think Jon doesn't survive until the end of the show (he's essentially on borrowed time), but I don't want him to die at Dany's hands, that'd be awful

jett

D-Member
But he's a maester now.

Not really, never got his chains. He ragequit before completing the tutorial section. Being a maester has more or less similar vows of chastity and servitude anyway.

The entire purpose of the Night's Watch is gone if the Night King gets taken down. And also if the Night King kills everyone.

Yeah but will he be taken down? 8000 years ago they somehow only managed to push the white walkers away. Will they really seal the deal this time?

Lol as if the Night's Watch will be around by the time this series is over. Wall's going down y'all with probably the last of the Watch. Doubt Sam will be able to keep the Oath when there's no oath.

If the Wall falls and Sam doesn't fall with it, that's not exactly a good look in terms of asking to have his family name and holdings restored to him. Maybe if he dies heroically blocking a major gap in the fortifications or something they can restore the family name to him posthumously for valor in the field of masonry.

So there's that prophecy about the hero reborn
(who is supposed to be Jon) and fighting the night king with a fire sword. I guess this is how Jon gets a fire sword?
🤔

I could be remembering this all wrong.

So like, Sam still being alive and all... We are really going to get a last scene of him writing a book called A Game of Thrones aren't we?

OrionX

I like how Sam's storyline since leaving the Wall has basically been him visiting places, getting treated like shit from people, then saying fuck it and stealing some of their shit.

so uhh where did theon go

He's rowing to Euron's ship. Considering Euron's teleporting abilities, this will understandably take a while.

nubbe

Actually, Jon is a "true born" Targaryen since Rhaegar and Lyanna got married

There is no question whom should be on the throne... Gendry, since Robbert won it

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Not really, never got his chains. He ragequit before completing the tutorial section. Being a maester has more or less similar vows of chastity and servitude anyway.

Yeah but will he be taken down? 8000 years ago they somehow only managed to push the white walkers away. Will they really seal the deal this time?

The Night King gets away, show ends would be a really bad ending by anyone's standards.

Actually, Jon is a "true born" Targaryen since Rhaegar and Lyanna got married

There is no question whom should be on the throne... Gendry, since Robbert won it

I mean, sure, which is why he's got maybe half an episode to live.

He might as well have greeted Jon with, "I'm Gendry, and I need to be written out of the script before we wrap things up because I'm a walking plothole."

Hydrus

So like, Sam still being alive and all... We are really going to get a last scene of him writing a book called A Game of Thrones aren't we?

Were going to get a scene of Sam dying a horrible death. Then the camera fades to George RR Martin writing the end, then looking into the camera and saying " Fuck You".

George-R-R-Martin-on-sex-versus-violence-a-song-of-ice-and-fire-33550626-250-172.gif

giphy.gif

I mean, sure, which is why he's got maybe half an episode to live.

He might as well have greeted Jon with, "I'm Gendry, and I need to be written out of the script before we wrap things up because I'm a walking plothole."

Gendry has the old crazy eyes. I can smell his jealousy/resent.

Naw, Ayra is still thirsty. We need more reunions.

Haha, no way man. Go back and watch his re-introduction. I'll paraphrase it for you:

GENDRY: I'm Robert's son, and therefore a potential heir to the throne!
JON: Does literally anyone except you, me, and Davos know about this?
GENDRY: Nope! Say, do you have any extremely dangerous tasks in very remote areas I can invite myself along to for no particular reason?
JON: Oh gosh boy it just so happens one opened up this very instant.
DAVOS: (Sighs) What are the odds, eh?

I know before I said that the Brotherhood Without Banners were the killedest dudes in all the world, but this dude? This is the killedest dude in all the universe.

Tagg9

So there's still a chance that Jorah and Danaeys end up together, right? I'm crossing my fingers for Jon Snow to die in the final episode.

Eleuin

He's a heroic and manly man who would be honor-bound to sacrifice himself when the event that kills half of them inevitably goes down. It's important everyone who sallies forth North of the Wall with Jon Snow is to some degree expendable or douchey, and preferably a whole lot of both.

Instead he'll be killed when the dead reach the wall so we actually care about the people dying there

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh shit, were almost to 20k posts and it's only been 5 episodes. Might've gotten OT3 if this was a ten episode season.

Instead he'll be killed when the dead reach the wall so we actually care about the people dying there

Probably. I mean, to be honest, him surviving the whole affair would be kind of... sad? He's pretty emotionally beaten up at this point, and tired of surviving everyone he cares about just to get older and more tired as a result.

He still deserves better than to get offed on The Expedition That Exists Only to Write Extraneous Characters Out of the Story, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom