• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

I love the relationship and interactions between Jon and Sansa. Makes me think of their reunion, which still stands as one of the very best moments in the show.

I'm thinking of Arya and Jon's reunion.. Moves me just thinking about it. I so hope it happens

Vashetti

Banned
When did this happen? The Lords in that hall made Jon King though right? I don't recall Jon stating that Sansa should have the title.

Jon offered her the Lord's chambers (Ned/Cat's bedroom) and she declined saying Jon should have it.

She was smiling at Jon being declared King until she caught Littlefinger's eye and he didn't look pleased.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Jon offered her the Lord's chambers (Ned/Cat's bedroom) and she declined saying Jon should have it.

She was smiling at Jon being declared King until she caught Littlefinger's eye and he didn't look pleased.

Except that's not what Sophie Turner had to say about that scene and what her character feels.

"At the beginning of this season, she's finally acquired that power and respect from John, but not the power that she really feels that she deserves"

"Sansa is conflicted at the onset of Season 7. She's "happy" for Jon for being appointed King, but "there is a little bit of frustration and hurt there," Turner explained. Meanwhile her relationship with Baelish is "questionable," but she's considering having him back on her team. These feelings may bubble up into something big for Sansa next season; she could even "rebel" or end up "doing something that she regrets against people that she loves," Turner mused."

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/film-tv/a10291408/game-thrones-season-7-sansa-stark/

Volimar

Except that's not what Sophie Turner had to say about that scene and what her character feels.

"At the beginning of this season, she’s finally acquired that power and respect from John, but not the power that she really feels that she deserves"

"Sansa is conflicted at the onset of Season 7. She's "happy" for Jon for being appointed King, but "there is a little bit of frustration and hurt there," Turner explained. Meanwhile her relationship with Baelish is "questionable," but she’s considering having him back on her team. These feelings may bubble up into something big for Sansa next season; she could even "rebel" or end up "doing something that she regrets against people that she loves," Turner mused."

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/film-tv/a10291408/game-thrones-season-7-sansa-stark/

Dammit Sansa, don't be a fool.

televator

"At the beginning of this season, she’s finally acquired that power and respect from John, but not the power that she really feels that she deserves"

"Sansa is conflicted at the onset of Season 7. She's "happy" for Jon for being appointed King, but "there is a little bit of frustration and hurt there," Turner explained. Meanwhile her relationship with Baelish is "questionable," but she’s considering having him back on her team. These feelings may bubble up into something big for Sansa next season; she could even "rebel" or end up "doing something that she regrets against people that she loves," Turner mused."

So basically Cersie Jr.

Heshinsi

Dammit Sansa, don't be a fool.

She also in another interview mentioned how Sansa will be "unlikable" for some people this season. I want this too happen so badly. This show is at its best when there's political intrigue and people back stabbing each other. There's no where it states that Starks are biologically immune from double crossing and pettiness. Come on Sansa, let the darkness flow over you.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Did anyone else who watched it as soon as it went live have issues getting 1080p last week? I watched the whole episode without it ever loading to 1080p.

wandering

Banned
Watching through the first episode again, what strikes me about the scene with Arya and the Lannister soldiers isn't Ed Sheeran but how comically hard they try to make the soldiers seem sympathetic. I half expected one of them to pull out a picture of his wife and mention that he's retiring next month.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Watching through the first episode again, what strikes me about the scene with Arya and the Lannister soldiers isn't Ed Sheeran but how comically hard they try to make the soldiers seem sympathetic. I half expected one of them to pull out a picture of his wife and mention that he's retiring next month.

I would not be surprised in the least if they return in a couple episodes and do something really brutal to remind you that everyone in this universe is an asshole even if they seem sort of normal sometimes.

Speevy

Banned
Sansa and Littlefinger will both poison Jon and Dany. Littlefinger becomes King of the ashes, end show.

5398b0cb9d85ebfa7cf0a4fd_got_shoes_sansa.gif

I can't recall what are the last known whereabouts of Howland (sp) Reed? Being at the Tower of Joy I would imagine he's going to have something to say once he hears that John is king.

Einchy

I can't recall what are the last known whereabouts of Howland (sp) Reed? Being at the Tower of Joy I would imagine he's going to have something to say once he hears that John is king.

I think, as far as we know, he's back home in Florida.

Speevy

Banned
Not sure which is more rucked up, Sansa/Littlefinger or Jon/Dany.

Well Sansa is supposed to be about 16 years old and Littlefinger is her uncle by marriage but not blood, and her aunt is dead.

Jon is supposed to be about I dunno...18 or 19 in the show and Dany is the same age. Dany's brother is Jon's father.

Creepy or incest

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Don't forget Littlefinger has the hots for Sansa's mom and sees her as a consolation prize, also he's something of a surrogate uncle so there's the grooming element there.

wandering

Banned
I would not be surprised in the least if they return in a couple episodes and do something really brutal to remind you that everyone in this universe is an asshole even if they seem sort of normal sometimes.

That's pretty much what I'm expecting. They were just too nice, it felt off.

Einchy

Game of Thrones is the only show in the world where people outside of Tumblr are actively shipping family members.

Gin-Shiio

Do you guys think the showmakers have it in themselves to make Sansa a villain at this point in the show? GRRM would have done it; these guys, I am not so sure.

rashbeep

Banned
Well Sansa is supposed to be about 16 years old and Littlefinger is her uncle by marriage but not blood, and her aunt is dead.

Jon is supposed to be about I dunno...18 or 19 in the show and Dany is the same age. Dany's brother is Jon's father.

Creepy or incest

which one is worse between jon/sansa or jon/dany

Speevy

Banned
Do you guys think the showmakers have it in themselves to make Sansa a villain at this point in the show? GRRM would have done it; these guys, I am not so sure.

No she's just going to pronounce things like Lena Headey and scowl at Jon Snow every now and again.

Einchy

Nah, and not because D&D don't have it in them, there just isn't enough time for it, I don't think. This season is probably gonna be all Dany, Cersei and Jon centric, and season 8 will be all WW. I'm sure Jon and Sansa will continue to butt heads, but it won't get so bad that she betrays him or something.

Heshinsi

Creepy or incest

Tradition to keep magical dragon binding powers strong or creep who likes girl because he liked her mom and couldn't have her.

Speevy

Banned
Tradition to keep magical dragon binding powers strong or creep who likes girl because he liked her mom and couldn't have her.

When questioned by police, the man who was known by the forum handle "Heshinsi", said he did it to "keep magical dragon binding powers strong."

He will be arraigned in court next month.

She also in another interview mentioned how Sansa will be "unlikable" for some people this season. I want this too happen so badly. This show is at its best when there's political intrigue and people back stabbing each other. There's no where it states that Starks are biologically immune from double crossing and pettiness. Come on Sansa, let the darkness flow over you.

There is nothing saying that the Starks are immune to the petty in-fighting if given the right reasons. That said it would piss off the fanbase and be completely out of left field when you take the storyline into account.

I mean, here you are part of a highborn family in Medieval Westeros. You were raised by a father who puts honor and family before all else. Your family is one that literally everybody but your closest allies wants dead. One that has been split up to the point that nobody else knows if anyone else is alive and for all intents and purposes has been driven to near extinction. After fighting for your lives you finally manage to stem the torrent of death happening all around your family, manage to get a couple members back together and are actually in a stage of rebuilding and getting to the point where you can actually fight back.

Logically, it's not the time to start infighting and push yourself back into the spiral of death. The family itself still sits on a thin ledge where one wrong move means certain death. Hell, there isn't even many of you left so why would you even risk the deaths of any members of your bloodline.

It would be completely out of left field

Gin-Shiio

There is nothing saying that the Starks are immune to the petty in-fighting if given the right reasons. That said it would piss off the fanbase and be completely out of left field when you take the storyline into account.

I mean, here you are part of a highborn family in Medieval Westeros. You were raised by a father who puts honor and family before all else. Your family is one that literally everybody but your closest allies wants dead. One that has been split up to the point that nobody else knows if anyone else is alive and for all intents and purposes has been driven to near extinction. After fighting for your lives you finally manage to stem the torrent of death happening all around your family, manage to get a couple members back together and are actually in a stage of rebuilding and getting to the point where you can actually fight back.

Logically, it's not the time to start infighting and push yourself back into the spiral of death. The family itself still sits on a thin ledge where one wrong move means certain death. Hell, there isn't even many of you left so why would you even risk the deaths of any members of your bloodline.

It would be completely out of left field

Sansa unlike any other Stark has been exposed and been victim to political intrigue time and time again. She understands how things work better than anyone else in the family, one run by historically naive men. I don't think it would be out of the left field at all.

Vashetti

Banned
Trailer/preview/promotional photo talk for next ep tonight:

Looking forward to the Jon/Littlefinger confrontation in the crypts

jfkgoblue

Creepy or incest

Dany is a year younger than Jon IIRC

Now the craziest thing is that Meera and Jon are the same age (which lead to some crazy theories last year before the reveal that Jon and Meera are twins)

Einchy

I was totally expecting that Meera and Jon speculation to be true but nope. Would've made sense for Ned to take Jon and give Meera to Reed to take care of, in case anything ever happened to Ned, then Meera could be safe. We probably wouldn't have had that amazing cut of lil' baby Jon to adult Jon, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom