• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, she just wanted to know where Jon was keeping Ramsay.

She'd already accepted Rickon as a lost casualty prior to the battle. It was all about getting Winterfell back, for her.

she was right, though. She knew him well enough to know Ramsay would never give him back alive and even explained her logic to Jon.

I was totally expecting that Meera and Jon speculation to be true but nope. Would've made sense for Ned to take Jon and give Meera to Reed to take care of, in case anything ever happened to Ned, then Meera could be safe. We probably wouldn't have had that amazing cut of lil' baby Jon to adult Jon, though.

The Meera Reed/Tyrion Targaryen theories, my answer to both is that if they do more twists like that, then the twist beforehand with Jon loses its value in the story. I'd rather they not do any more secret Targaryens

She'd already accepted Rickon as a lost casualty prior to the battle. It was all about getting Winterfell back, for her.

Oh right, I forgot about that argument. But I thought we'd get a funeral or something for him. Even if he was a minor forgotten character, he was still a Stark.

Yep. And Jon got half his men killed because he charged instead of letting Ramsey charge the middle. All that trench digging for the cavalry was for nothing.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
For being the "Grand Maester" you'd think the guy wouldn't be so shortsighted.

He's being Little-Richard rather than Littlefinger.

It sucks that I had a momentary lapse of thought last Wednesday, when I booked Dunkirk tickets for tonight :(

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The Meera Reed/Tyrion Targaryen theories, my answer to both is that if they do more twists like that, then the twist beforehand with Jon loses its value in the story. I'd rather they not do any more secret Targaryens
The speculation was that they would both be in the tower, not that we would find out about it later down the line.

The speculation was that they would both be in the tower, not that we would find out about it later down the line.
but we would find out about it later down the line since right now the revelation is that Jon is the secret Targaryen. And I know the speculation is them both in the tower hence twins

Einchy

but we would find out about it later down the line since right now the revelation is that Jon is the secret Targaryen. And I know the speculation is them both in the tower hence twins
What? The episode would've told us they were both targaryens, why would we have found out later?

Einchy

i thought that was the point of the theory in that it would be revealed later on. unless you are arguing against it?
No, we would've found out at the same time we found out about Jon, it would be a reveal for both characters. Since we know that didn't play out, Meera being Jons sister is no longer a theory that works.

It would be weird if the theory rested on us finding out the second twist a season later or something.

That ep description on my cable, heh.

LOL of course Jon faces a revolt. Those people can't help themselves lol.

"Tyrion plans the conquest of Westeros." Fucking love it.

I wonder how many times Littlefinger will give Sansa that "girl I know you wanna be my Queen" look in this episode.

LOL

No, we would've found out at the same time we found out about Jon, it would be a reveal for both characters. Since we know that didn't play out, Meera being Jons sister is no longer a theory that works.

It would be weird if the theory rested on us finding out the second twist a season later or something.

i've been seeing discussion for that theory even after last season's finale.
Is anyone else unable to load HBO Now on PS4? ios works fine but for whatever reason the PS4 app won't load
i just got a message that PsN is undergoing maintenance, but that could also be unrelated

Einchy

i've been seeing discussion for that theory even after last season's finale.i just got a message that PsN is undergoing maintenance, but that could also be unrelated
How? Only Jon was up there, that theory died the second we saw Jon wasn't a twin.

Einchy

"how" is just youtube videos and articles being published.

Then they were published before the final came out, because that theory makes no sense once we know Jon isn't a twin. Were they hiding Meera under the bed for shits and giggles or something?

Einchy

No they weren't. Like I just told you, I've seen them come into convo long after the season finale.

https://youtu.be/2xvgcSPhayA?t=5m16s

That guy just said the theory that was disproved by watching the episode, the exact theory I talked about before, the same one that no longer works.

[edit]

The theory was that Ned goes up, he finds twins, and then via either editing or dialogue, we are told that Jon and Meera are brother and sister. The theory didn't have anything to do with a delay reveal with Meera.

Which is what that guy said but that it's like he didn't even see the episode.

That guy just said the theory that was disproved by watching the episode, the exact theory I talked about before, the same one that no longer works.

[edit]

The theory was that Ned goes up, he finds twins, and then via either editing or dialogue, we are told that Jon and Meera are brother and sister. The theory didn't have anything to do with a delay reveal with Meera.

Which is what that guy said but that it's like he didn't even see the episode.

my point to you was that the theory has been in discussion long after last season, nothing more.

Is anyone else unable to load HBO Now on PS4? ios works fine but for whatever reason the PS4 app won't load

I swear the PS4 OS hates HBO Now. It's probably my second most used Streaming App, and for some reason doesn't ever appear in the Top 9, and for some reason doesn't show up at all occasionally...

shira

t1500858000z1.png

hypu geto

Einchy

my point to you was that the theory has been in discussion long after last season, nothing more.

Your original point was this

the implication being that if the theory was correct, it would diminish the already established twist with Jon at the end of this season 6. But there's nothing to diminish, because this theory rests on us finding out two babies at the top of the tower, which would've told us as the same time they Meera and Jon were related, so it wouldn't have lessen the value and it wouldn't have been yet another secret Targaryen twist.

So my point is that this theory isn't a theory that is still in play since it has been disproven, so it's impossible for it to devalue Jon's twist. That's why I brought it up in past tense.

Einchy

Oh no it's raining here. I better not lose my internet or Spectrum Cable will pay with fire and blood!

My power went out last season literally when the camera was zooming into Cersei's face for her to say, "I choose violence". She ended up choosing a power out.

Have fun GAF! See you at 10, maybe

Your original point was this
No, my original point to you was this:
i've been seeing discussion for that theory even after last season's finale.i just got a message that PsN is undergoing maintenance, but that could also be unrelated

the implication being that if the theory was correct, it would diminish the already established twist with Jon at the end of this season 6. But there's nothing to diminish, because this theory rests on us finding out two babies at the top of the tower, which would've told us as the same time they Meera and Jon were related, so it wouldn't have lessen the value and it wouldn't have been yet another secret Targaryen twist.

So my point is that this theory isn't a theory that is still in play since it has been disproven, so it's impossible for it to devalue Jon's twist. That's why I brought it up in past tense.
When I made that original post, I didn't realize that your stance was that of it already being disproven. I thought it was of you in disbelief of it but not denying its plausibility. And my original point was that if it were true, then it would devalue the previous twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom