• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I have a bad feeling one of Dany's dragons will get murdered by Cersei's super crossbow machine or whatever it's called.

Of course that's going to happen. They wouldn't introduce it otherwise

Also, Does he have a cock or not!!!??? Like it was ambiguous at best!

Nameless

Cool wrinkle removing gender from the Person Who Was Promised prophecy, but I did laugh at Dany immediately talking it as confirmation it was talking about her.

Zolo

Cool wrinkle removing gender from the Person Who Was Promised prophecy, but I did laugh at Dany immediately talking it as confirmation it was talking about her.

I know it wasn't, but I would have laughed if she purposely changed that word from her previous tellings and changed it from gendered to non-gendered just to get on Dany's good side.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The green and/or yellow one are done for. Drogon will be Bran's instrument of White Walker destruction.

If I don't see Dany in a battle riding Drogon, I will drive to D&D's houses, and keep them into their scrotch becomes Unsullied.

Yeah we gotta assume one of the Dragon's is dead. Otherwise the scene with the ballista is pretty much pointless.

Not gonna be Drogon obviously but one of em is getting it

So, Littlefinger will betray Jon and Sansa - RIGHT after they take out the Night King's army, and give Cersei the North; in exchange, Littlefinger becomes King of the North.

Dany, Tyrion, Davos, the three Dragons, wildlings, Tormund, Brienne, Grey Worm, Messande, everyone will be defeated in humiliating fashion.

Jorah will cure his affliction, only to fall off his horse in a freak accident and die.

Randyll Tarly will rule the South. Sam Tarly will die from greyscale.

Bran will just spend the rest of his life inside a tree somewhere.

Bron will continue to Netflix and Chill.

Jamie will be bored.

Euron will be the queen's boy toy.

All hail Cersei.

Goodstyle

I mean, I don't really agree, especially considering what happened last season and the one before with Margarey. I don't feel like she was trying to protect Tommen, I feel like she was afraid of losing her position, similar to how she started behaving when Joffery stopped listening to her. I actually used to like her quite a bit at first, but she's looking more and more like the Mad King's true successor as time goes on, and while blowing up the Sept was fucking awesome, Tommen didn't deserve that. He just wanted to be a good king with his waifu. :(

But I'll concede that she was much more enjoyable in earlier seasons, and "I choose violence" is one of the best lines in the entire series.

I need to give the entire series a rewatch. My GoT-Fu is getting a little weak. I had meant to do it before the new seson started, but I got all caught up in FFXIV. :(

Tommen was a dirty traitor :mad:

But ya, she does become more and more unstable as she loses control. If you do a rewatch, I guarantee you it'll be a fun ride to see, and maybe you will see she's not a 2D character like Ramsay was.

Nameless

I know it wasn't, but I would have laughed if she purposely changed that word from her previous tellings and changed it from gendered to non-gendered just to get on Dany's good side.

Mel is a survivor, this is the third time she found her way into the good graces of a 'chosen one'. I wouldn't put it past her. Plus she's been speaking High Valyrian longer than Missendei and Dany combined.

So, Littlefinger will betray Jon and Sansa - RIGHT after they take out the Night King's army, and give Cersei the North; in exchange, Littlefinger becomes King of the North.

Dany, Tyrion, Davos, the three Dragons, wildlings, Tormund, Brienne, Grey Worm, Messande, everyone will be defeated in humiliating fashion.

Jorah will cure his affliction, only to fall off his horse in a freak accident and die.

Jamie will be bored.

All hail Cersei.

jake-no.gif

Because he knows littlefinger gave Sansa to ramsey to get proffit of it
I don't think so. Sansa told him Littlefinger could not be trusted, so he probably doesn't appreciate that LF is hitting on her. He may even know that Littlefinger was the one to arrange the marriage between Sansa and the Boltons.
Ahh that makes sense. However Jon was being his pre-season 6 self again: righteous to a fault. By now he should realize that there are assholes in life he needs to properly work with. Rich, powerful, important assholes. If he goes chasing the justice nonsense, he will lose his head just like his (step) dad. Keep Littlefinger's ass on a tight leash instead of completely burning him.

Kickz

Great episode, Euron really fucked things up for Greyjoys and lol @ the return of Reek.

Samwell doing good work healing Jorah

HvySky

Nah, there is no "after" the Night King's army. That's the endgame. I bet Cersei will be dead by the time the White Walkers sweep across Westeros.

I know how that other dude died from greyscale

He kept doing the "hush" gesture and accidentally rubbed his fingers on his lips.

Sam, learn how to properly keep your fucking hands away from your mouth when near a highly contagious skin disease

I know how that other dude died from greyscale

He kept doing the "hush" gesture and accidentally rubbed his fingers on his lips.

Sam, learn how to properly keep your fucking hands away from your mouth when near a highly contagious skin disease

I was waiting for something to squirt into Sam's mouth.

Dude should wear a scarf at least.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Everything about Euron almost instantly obtaining a massive fleet rubs me the wrong way, along with knowing where the other fleet was and who exactly was onboard.

I really really hope that Bran is on his way to Winterfell and meets up with his sisters. That would be a nice moment.

I really appreciate this season's brisk pace.

Also Nathalie Emmanuel...damn

Jamie will be bored.

All hail Cersei.

Nah, I'm sure Cersei will forget to go to Michigan and Wisconsin and fuck this all up.

Loke13

No. Cersei isn't fun. I can't remember what season it was, but Tywin pegged her in that season when he said that she wasn't as clever as she thinks she is. At this point, she's the Mad Queen, willing to do anything and everything to gain and hold on to her power.

Second, no, I don't think she's layered. Her entire character has been a pompous, spoiled, privileged shit, willing to go to war and throw seven kingdoms into chaos just because she wanted to fuck her brother. I don't much care for Jamie either, but HE'S the one who has some nuance. He's not into cruelty for the sake of it, tries to save lives when he can, bore the title of Kingslayer because he saved all of King's Landing, saved Tyrion and treated him like an actual person, ect. As I said before, I feel like there's going to be a moment where she's gonna betray Jamie too, because in the end, she only cares for herself. She even proved that last season. She claims to love her children, but it was more important for her to consolidate her power and have her rivals defeated than it was for her to just back off and let Tommen be happy. She's directly responsible for his suicide. She's the worst.

THAT BEING SAID:

The fact that I despise her so much shows how well Lena Heady is doing with her. She's one of the best bad guys; one you don't (or at least I don't) sympathize with and want to see her fall. I wanted Arya to kill her, but now she's going back to Winterfell. Hopefully something horrid doesn't happen to her on the way.

Also, I heard the word "books" in that video and immediately closed it. :p
Wow this is like an impressive display of blind ignorance. The character of Cersei is many things but one dimensional? To say that is to ignore her entire childhood, her relationship with her father, the death of her mother (which basically forms her entire basis of hating Tyrion) the fact that the men in her life have been nothing but a negative impact and a hindrance, in her life in her mind.

Like you said Tywin never really thought much of his daughter Jamie was his prize child and while Tyrion is his most hated son in some aspects he was on a higher station in Cersei just for being a male. And that's just from a family perspective we are not even getting into her toxic and abusive relationship with Robert Baratheon.

Speevy

Banned
I'll believe Euron, who spent his adult life plundering ships and killing people is a great fighter before I'd believe Ramsay, who spent his life torturing prisoners is.

So....

-Ellaria Captured
-Yara Captured

And from what I can tell, Tarly seems to be taking the army and essentially pulling a military coup on Olenna.

Daenerys doesn't really seem to have allies in Westeros anymore.

Which is really poorly written considering their alliance held together for what, 1.75 episodes total?

Why did they even bother?

Zolo

I'll believe Euron, who spent his adult life plundering ships and killing people is a great fighter before I'd believe Ramsay, who spent his life torturing prisoners is.

Yeah. I disliked Ramsay being some great fighter, but Euron would actually have the experience to back it up.

Zolo

Which is really poorly written considering their alliance held together for what, 1.75 episodes total?

Why did they even bother?

It'll likely be a big motivator for Dany to change her mind and take on Olenna's advice to use the dragons on King's Landing since she won't have the allies anymore.

old

Euron has to be dead right? The sand snakes were notorious for poisoning their blades and they definitely cut him a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom