• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is really poorly written considering their alliance held together for what, 1.75 episodes total?

Why did they even bother?

Only 11 episodes left.

However, I think it's fair to say that Danny is going to be forced to use her dragons to basically fuck everything up in order to win.

Queen of the ashes and all that.

Cool wrinkle removing gender from the Person Who Was Promised prophecy, but I did laugh at Dany immediately talking it as confirmation it was talking about her.

I feel like the writers have gotten a bit too overt this season with trying to let everyone know they're cool with women too.

The scene you mentioned, Lady Mormont and Jon Snow making sure everyone knows the girls and women must be trained to fight as well, woman stabbing dude in dick, Yara flying around like Wonder Woman.

There are plenty of strong female characters in non-traditional roles/powerful roles in the show already. They could be more subtle with the contemporary gender politics is all I'm saying.

I think that is too obvious and they are setting up some plot development that shows that Jon isn't like his "father" and post revival Jon is much more like a Targaryen. I think the confrontation with Littlefinger was to show how he has changed and was foreshadowing some of the new darkness in him. In that case this Sansa stuff is a bit of a red herring.

Either that and/or the twist will be that Sansa really is much more like Cersei than Littlefinger calculated and has him killed.
Jon putting Carcetti in a chokehold is literally the same as what Ned was capable of, though.

Why are people blaming Theon? Yara was already dead. If he tried to rescue her Euron would have killed both of them. Theon knows he's no match for Euron.

VeeP

It'll likely be a big motivator for Dany to change her mind and take on Olenna's advice to use the dragons on King's Landing since she won't have the allies anymore.

Dany take's Olenna's revenge driven advice and invades Kings Landing with 3 dragons, manages to take the throne but the dragon's die and White Walkers invade. Sounds about right.

Zolo

I think it's more about pushing Dany to a place where she almost has to make that decision, and seeing if she actually makes it or not.

Yeah. One way or another, I expect either Cersei or Daenerys to finish what the Mad King wanted to do.

Why are people blaming Theon? Yara was already dead. If he tried to rescue her Euron would have killed both of them. Theon knows he's no match for Euron.
He did it more out of fear, but yeah. It was the smart thing to do too.

Neece

Euron has to be dead right? The sand snakes were notorious for poisoning their blades and they definitely cut him a few times.

Feels like they would only poison their weapons before a known fight. I don't think they'd just be walking around normally with poison dripping off their weapons.

Speevy

Banned

We're not blaming Theon so much as we're blaming Dave and Dan for not seeing that Theon's entire character for 4 seasons has been based around him being tortured, horrified, and humiliated.

Alfie Allen is an excellent actor and he needs to have a resolution to his character arc.

We're not blaming Theon so much as we're blaming Dave and Dan for not seeing that Theon's entire character for 4 seasons has been based around him being tortured, horrified, and humiliated.

Alfie Allen is an excellent actor and he needs to have a resolution to his character arc.

But his arc isn't finished yet. It's not like the show has one more episode or something. That act was logical. There was nothing he could have done in that scenario. He'll have his moment.

Everything about Euron almost instantly obtaining a massive fleet rubs me the wrong way, along with knowing where the other fleet was and who exactly was onboard.

Yeah, same here. Didn't he lose almost all of the fleet last season and had to build new ships? That was one of the main reasons why they couldn't follow Theon and Yara right? I guess with two seasons left they aren't really worrying about that stuff.

televator

Wow, wow, WOW! What a great episode. Maisie Williams looking really good too. I was afraid she didn't have the stature to be adult Arya, but her expressions are selling it.

, Well Littlefinger probably had flashbacks? In front of Ned's statue nonetheless

Ned Stark chocking him beyond the grave. lol At this rate, even if he does win the iron throne, there'd still somehow be a Stark chocking the shit out of him.

HvySky

I believe we'll still see that resolution and Theon will redeem himself. Him taking Euron's bait and immediately dying (possibly taking his sister with him) wouldn't be a great way to cap off his story.

FiggyCal

Banned
Btw. I don't think that was Arya's direwolf. It makes the scene a little weird, but that direwolf we saw was way huge. Like bigger than Ghost when we last saw him and also Bran's direwolf as well last we saw him.

I know we're close to the end, but we're not at it yet. We still have at least 11 hours of show left. Let's not assume that any story or character arc is done or will be left open.

Goodstyle

You know what's hilarious about Cersei trying to scaremonger people into joining her side? All the people saying it's totally unrealistic for people to join her knowing how hypocritical she is.

"She just blew up a chunk of the city! Everything Cersei is saying about her opponent can be just as applied to Cersei herself, but worse! No way people will fall for that just because she used basic scaremonger tactics about people from foreign lands!"

Intentionally or not, this really works in relation to not just this recent US election, but the power of nativism throughout history. Cersei may have done bad things recently, but at least she's no foreigner. Dany's bringing drugs, she's bringing crime, her rapists, and some I assume are good people...

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Btw. I don't think that was Arya's direwolf. It makes the scene a little weird, but that direwolf we saw was way huge. Like bigger than Ghost when we last saw him and also Bran's direwolf as well last we saw him.

D&D confirmed it was her in the behind the scenes videos they do. The "that's not you" line was actually a reference to season 1 and Arya says, "that's not me" about becoming a lady in some castle for her husband. Nymeria isn't that Direwolf Arya wanted her to be Nymeria, she has moved on.

FiggyCal

Banned
D&D confirmed it was her in the behind the scenes videos they do. The "that's not you" line was actually a reference to season 1 and Arya says, "that's not me" about becoming a lady in some castle for her husband. Nymeria isn't that Direwolf Arya wanted her to be Nymeria, she has moved on.

Ugh. I'm having a bad week with Game of Thrones storylines.

Neece

Yeah, and Nymeria being so large is probably because she's untamed and living in the wild, unlike the other Stark direwolves.

Because to a majority of the population of Westeros, Targaryen = Bad.

I don't think it would be a bad narrative move, because it 100% makes sense from Jon's perspective, but none of his people would be happy with it.

Will they line up and stab him in front of cross that says Traitor once Bran tells them he's a Targ himself? lol

I think there's more to him than that. The resolution you speak of needs to come about with the Starks, because it is they whom he betrayed. Sansa already forgiven him, but I still feel like he needs to reunite with Bran, Arya and Jon. Him moping around because Ramsay chopped his willy is secondary arc.

HvySky

I don't think it would be a bad narrative move, because it 100% makes sense from Jon's perspective, but none of his people would be happy with it.

The northern houses may not like the name Targaryen, but they have to realize in order to prepare for the Long Night and the Night King's arrival they'll need every capable fighter they can muster and having the Mother of Dragons on your side would make a hell of a difference. Jon just has to convey that and do it quickly.

Will they line up and stab him in front of cross that says Traitor once Bran tells them he's a Targ himself? lol

I wouldn't be surprised if they rebel on him, honestly. Or at least a decent amount of them. Or they just oust him and Sansa takes over.

I think Arya going back to Winterfell is so she can show up after Littlefinger is in Sansa's head and things are going the wrong direction. She'll try to be the voice of reason. Hell, she may even try to kill Littlefinger.

Disgraced

Who is the worthless fuck who directed that shaky cam nonsense?

Ugh.
I really wouldn't blame the director for that battle. It was bad because the budget probably is allocated the bigger shit that's sure to happen in later episodes.

The demand was that the battle be this big, and the budget be this low.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Wouldn't be the first time he did something that wound up getting him stabbed.

HvySky

I wouldn't be surprised if they rebel on him, honestly. Or at least a decent amount of them. Or they just oust him and Sansa takes over.

I think Arya going back to Winterfell is so she can show up after Littlefinger is in Sansa's head and things are going the wrong direction. She'll try to be the voice of reason. Hell, she may even try to kill Littlefinger.

Arya being a vessel of catharsis for the audience would be kind of great. First Walder Frey, then Peter Baelish? Then she just needs to find some bullshit way to teleport to King's Landing and slit Cersei's throat.

Barzul

How the fuck does Jon convince Dany of the realities of the White Walkers without video lol? It'll be interesting to see that. I think that is probably why Melisandre showed up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom