• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocBase

btw there isn't enough love being spread for the flawless Lady Margery! The way she kept trying to divert Joffrey from possibly doing something deadly was class.

Edwardo

btw there isn't enough love being spread for the flawless Lady Margery! The way she kept trying to divert Joffrey from possibly doing something deadly was class.

I thought it was going to get to a point where Joffrey was going to lose it and either say something to her about interrupting him or worse.

dsp

They don't really act like it. It sounds like Dorne is in Renaissance era attitude, while everyone else in Feudal era attitudes.

Unlike the rest of Westeros, Dorne wasn't conquered by Aegon Targaryen.

From the show's wiki.

Dorne was a sovereign kingdom before the invasion of Aegon the Conqueror, and weathered his attack to remain one afterwards, the only one of the Seven Kingdoms to retain its independence. It joined the Seven Kingdoms through peaceful marriage alliance nearly two centuries later, only one century before Robert's Rebellion. As a result of joining through marriage and not conquest, Dorne was allowed to keep many of its local customs and laws, such as equal inheritance laws for male and female heirs. Due to these different ethnic, legal, and political factors, the Dornishmen are very independently minded, with a stronger sense of "national identity" than many of the other Seven Kingdoms.

House Martell - Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I've read several of the most recent pages and I'm unfortunately lost as to the necklace theory.
When is this exchange between Grandma and Sansa? Is there a stone missing from Sansa's necklace during the actually wedding dinner? I'm not seeing it.

Thanks for helping me see the light.

Kreunt

Banned
I only just realised Olenna is Diana Rigg from The Avengers.

bOcZ6aN.jpg

<3

Enco

I love that it could literally be anyone.
99% sure it's Ollenna.

No way it's Cersei, Jamie or Tyrion. Tywin is possible but I doubt it. Sansa is very very unlikely.

Viserys might be involved but again I highly doubt it.

Old lady is the only one that's probable.

Edit: by Viserys I meant the bald guy

Nameless

Just watched the episode. Awesome as ever, I got the death spoiled for me though -.- Someone posted online saying "I wonder if Joffrey will have the heart to get choked up at his own wedding" and I assumed this would happen. Fuck framing Tyrion though!

I can't be doing with the freaky Bolton's though. I don't even remember them besides the Red Wedding. Before then I didn't remember them so that scene confused me a bit, anyone wanna give me a recap on their twisted family?

Roose Bolton was one of Robb Stark's bannernen and trusted advisors. House Bolton's sigil is the 'Flayed Man', or someone being crucified on a large X shaped structure. Ned Stark banned the act of flaying in the North but the old saying goes, "A flayed man has no secrets." Roose's bastard Ramsey resurrects the barbaric practice after capturing Theon and his men fleeing Winterfell. Theon's men are flayed to death.

Roose married Walder Frey's fattest daughter, that portly woman he introduced to Ramsey this episode. Frey offered him his chosen bride's weight in silver, so he chose the fat one. After Robb breaks his vow to marry another one of Frey's daughters, Roose begins plotting against him, which eventually results in Winterfell being burned down by Ramsey, Jaime being set free by Bolton forces, and the Red Wedding. As a reward, Tywin awards Roose Ned's old title of Warden of the North.

I simply cannot understand how Lord Tywin would allow the spectacle of Tyrion's public humiliation to continue. He seems like a very disciplined and no-nonsense type of patriarch, yet he's not once pulled the king privately to the side and advised him to tone down his constant and public harassment of another family member. Now everyone suspects the Lannisters are a dysfunctional family, which is the sort of reputation Tywin historically has tried to conceal.

Margaery Tyrell is the only one that stepped up.

I simply cannot understand how Lord Tywin would allow the spectacle of Tyrion's public humiliation to continue. He seems like a very disciplined and no-nonsense type of patriarch, yet he's not once pulled the king privately to the side and advised him to tone down his constant and public harassment of another family member. Now everyone suspects the Lannisters are a dysfunctional family, which is the sort of reputation Tywin historically has tried to conceal.

Margaery Tyrell is the only one that stepped up.

Tywin does not give a shit except about the Lannister name.

RocBase

I've read several of the most recent pages and I'm unfortunately lost as to the necklace theory.
When is this exchange between Grandma and Sansa? Is there a stone missing from Sansa's necklace during the actually wedding dinner? I'm not seeing it.

Thanks for helping me see the light.

See here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108071976&postcount=2065
And here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108073086&postcount=2082
And incidentally, what she says during that part here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108081918&postcount=2273

Remember that this necklace was given to Sansa by the Fool in the previous episode.

I thought it was going to get to a point where Joffrey was going to lose it and either say something to her about interrupting him or worse.

lol yeah, was legit worried something would come of it but alas - she prevailed!

99% sure it's Ollenna.

No way it's Cersei, Jamie or Tyrion. Tywin is possible but I doubt it. Sansa is very very unlikely.

You might be right.

I remember the episode where Ollenna and Margaery urged Sansa to be forthcoming with them about Joffrey's treatment of her. Their response to her horrific story seemed contemplative.

99% sure it's Ollenna.

Viserys? Wasn't Viserys Dany's brother who's been dead for three seasons?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
See here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108071976&postcount=2065
And here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108073086&postcount=2082
And incidentally, what she says during that part here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108081918&postcount=2273

Remember that this necklace was given to Sansa by the Fool in the previous episode.

lol yeah, was legit worried something would come of it but alas - she prevailed!

Whoa!!! Mind blown!!! That is awesome!

Thanks for clearing that up. I saw the part about killing a man at his wedding but didn't notice her handling the necklace ever.
I love this lady.

In regards to it being Olenna. Here's a recap of screens I found for those who don't feel like digging through the thread for pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/LY9b2

I also just took a screenshot of something I mentioned in an earlier post that I noticed when re watching last night.

At this very moment, the camera focuses off of Margaery while the priest says "Cursed be he who would tear them asunder"

S3kozvg.jpg

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
3. It was the pie. No one ate it but the king. Margery even fed him. It was known he would be the one to take the first bite. This leaves us with two options, one is the same as 2), the other is the pie was poisened by a still unkown third party. Maybe by the new guy (which i can´t remember the name) who threatened cersey and tywin, maybe by someone else. I expect 2) to be true, but knowing GoT it might be 3) as well by some person we saw for one second during season 1.

I was thinking it'd be the pie too...and perhaps maybe it were the Doves that were diseased that contaminated the pie? There were quite a few of them that were dead in there and bleeding after he sliced them with his sword.

potam

Banned
wow last night was crazy. I got off work early, and completely forgot it was Sunday. And then this episode...so much shit going on, so many story lines being reintroduced, and that ending. God damn.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
In regards to it being Olenna. Here's a recap of screens I found for those who don't feel like digging through the thread for pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/LY9b2

I also just took a screenshot of something I mentioned in an earlier post that I noticed when re watching last night.

At this very moment, the camera focuses off of Margaery while the priest says "Cursed be he who would tear them asunder"

S3kozvg.jpg

Yeah, I noticed that too.

studyguy

So apparently Tommen Baratheon went through puberty and grew up.....do to an apparent recasting.
KuGsj.gif

How many people were recasted?
The Mountain I know of and that's a good one. Tommen I had no idea, the previous actor looked like half this new one's age wasn't he? The new Darrio is like nowhere near as great as the original.

Bran's face also gets longer every season, I swear.
Puberty's hitting that kid hard.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed

A friend said aloud during that scene, "She's great."

Indeed, I think the Tyrell's are my favorite family. Less patriarchal and seemingly good, but not as foolishly honorable as the Starks.

I didn't realize how much of a maniac Joffrey was until the last episode. He was cackling like a lunatic - squirming in his seat, spit flying from his mouth - at the performance of the 5 little kings. It wasn't until that moment when I realized the kingdom was in the hands of a certifiable psychopath. The reoccurring and offsetting shot of Sansa staring frozenly at the performance was superb.

Enco

damn looks like u guys solved the mystery. i wish i could stay away from this thread but i just cant, the suspense is killing me
Lol agreed.

Although to be fair, Ollenna/Margary seem kinda obvious if you think about it.

Would be funny if it was someone completely different.

I didn't realize how much of a maniac Joffrey was until the last episode. He was cackling like a lunatic - squirming in his seat, spit flying from his mouth - at the performance of the 5 little kings. It wasn't until that moment when I realized the kingdom was in the hands of a certifiable psychopath. The reoccurring and offsetting shot of Sansa staring frozenly at the performance was superb.

Him killing a prostitute with a crossbow didn't do it for you?

Lol agreed.

Although to be fair, Ollenna/Margary seem kinda obvious if you think about it.

Would be funny if it was someone completely different.

it could be worse, i just accidentally wandered into the spoiler thread just now because the 2 thread where listed next to each other. luckily i didnt read anything i just seen a gif of the king dying #thankgod

How long has it been since Ned died? A year?
How many people were recasted?
The Mountain I know of and that's a good one. Tommen I had no idea, the previous actor looked like half this new one's age wasn't he? The new Darrio is like nowhere near as great as the original.
Seems like just those 3.

Almost too obvious imo

That's the thing, all of the obvious signs and set-ups point to Olenna, but we are all assuming they are going to drag this out into a "Who Shot JR?" type mystery. For all we know they are going to make it obvious and clear who did this in the first 5 minutes of the next episode, in which case it has to be Olenna. Too many clear signs for it not to be. The only thing that makes me not think it's her is that she is too smart to know that they have to consummate the marriage first and could have waited until after that to kill Joffrey. She can't just assume that Margery will just be passed along to the next Baratheon kid. That's a pretty huge risk to take with as much power as there was at stake.

If they are going to go for some Scooby Doo style mystery, my dark horse is Cersei, only the poison was meant for Margery somehow.

Khaz

But why would Lady Olenna do such a thing? I mean as much as she despises Joffrey, she knows her granddaughters best interest is that he has to live at least until she's pregnant. Now the throne either goes to Tommen or Stannis etc steps back in the game.

Currently she nor her family doesn't gain anything to kill him. They do lose a lot though.

Kimaka

I was so happy at Joffrey's death that I almost cried tears of joy. I spoiled myself on his death but didn't think it would be so soon. I'm only upset that Margery can't be Queen. She was so close and had it snatched away again.

But why would Lady Olenna do such a thing? I mean as much as she despises Joffrey, she knows her granddaughters best interest is that he has to live at least until she's pregnant. Now the throne either goes to Tommen or Stannis etc steps back in the game.

Currently she nor her family doesn't gain anything to kill him. They do lose a lot though.

For all we know she could be working with others, perhaps to slowly kill off those who are in power until they rule the 7 kingdoms.

Maybe even Varys was in on it - "For the good of the realm."

GRRM is a brilliant though, it could be for reasons we'd never be able to guess. Maybe it's for something so simple like protecting her daughter from a maniac.

I was so happy at Joffrey's death that I almost cried tears of joy. I spoiled myself on his death but didn't think it would be so soon. I'm only upset that Margery can't be Queen. She was so close and had it snatched away again.

Joffrey's death happened after the wedding. Margaery should still be queen, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom