• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
i7LjGyWQVixe1.gif

I'd be laughing my ass off if ever Jaqen H'Gar took the black and takes orders from the Lord Commander, rofl

bengraven

ibrBkNFPVneQZ9.gif

Seriously needs an "OH U"

Am I the only one who likes show xaro more than the book one? I luv him.

*tear runs down his face*

Oh sorry, but you wounded me. No worries though. *another tear* Fuck, sorry again. Fucking Qarthian eyes.

But yes, I totally agree.

Amir0x

Banned
the near rape scene of Sansa was the first time I felt uncomfortable watching the show

i knew what would happen and was still like D:

the near rape scene of Sansa was the first time I felt uncomfortable watching the show

Yeah, especially given the fact that the actress is only 15 or 16 I think. She also has the most thankless role in the whole show. And she's a lot taller than Joffrey now.

Amir0x

Banned
Yeah, especially given the fact that the actress is only 15 or 16 I think. She also has the most thankless role in the whole show. And she's a lot taller than Joffrey now.

i winced when the dude all lured over her and was like 'have you ever been fucked little girl?'

I mean, i'm glad they showed it, and it should make me feel uncomfortable, but for all the tits, blood and torture on the show, this is the first time I was definitely uncomfortable

I agree. Kept thinking about how young the actress was and how horrible it would be. Much worse seeing it happen on tv rather than just reading about it

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

She's taller than everyone that's not Brienne. I think she's like my height, like 5'9" or 5'10".

I've already fallen in love with her in the books, they're gunna make the same happen in the show.

So much this. Every week they introduce a new female character that's more amazing than the last one. With Margaery/Ygritte/Lissa
Jeyne
, there's more than enough for eveyone.

I have to say, this was the best episode of the season, maybe the entire show. Every scene was amazing, except for Quarth. Didn't like that at all.

Especially Theon was just great. Such a fucking tragically stupid character. Watching him makes me feel so bad for him. :(

Even though I'm still in the middle of Book 5 (it's a struggle..), the show REALLY makes me want to read 1-3 again.

apana

i winced when the dude all lured over her and was like 'have you ever been fucked little girl?'

I mean, i'm glad they showed it, and it should make me feel uncomfortable, but for all the tits, blood and torture on the show, this is the first time I was definitely uncomfortable

For a second there I almost thought they were actually gonna do it. If the Hound hadn't shown up I would have probably broken my aunt's very expensive television.

scy

She's doing a damn fine job of making me feel kind of bad for really hating Sansa from the books.

I mean, I still kind of hate her but totally not as much!

So much this. Every week they introduce a new female character that's more amazing than the last one. With Margaery/Ygritte/Lissa
Jeyne
, there's more than enough for eveyone.

I have to say, this was the best episode of the season, maybe the entire show. Every scene was amazing, except for Quarth. Didn't like that at all.

Especially Theon was just great. Such a fucking tragically stupid character. Watching him makes me feel so bad for him. :(

Even though I'm still in the middle of Book 5 (it's a struggle..), the show REALLY makes me want to read 1-3 again.

The show is capturing the experience of reading the book really well for me here. I always groan whenever I get to a Dany chapter in the book and the same is happening with the show now (especially since she's not getting naked anymore).

I almost feel guilty for thinking this, but I wish Daenerys was a little more... athletic. She's a beautiful woman, make no mistake, but she's supposed to be the queen of a nomadic horseman tribe who just starved themselves across a desert. If I encountered that actress in the real world, I'd have absolutely no complaints about her body. I just think the hardness she tries to convey with her words and actions would be better served if she looked slightly tougher/leaner.

Volimar

I almost feel guilty for thinking this, but I wish Daenerys was a little more... athletic. She's a beautiful woman, make no mistake, but she's supposed to be the queen of a nomadic horseman tribe who just starved themselves across a desert. If I encountered that actress in the real world, I'd have absolutely no complaints about her body. I just think the hardness she tries to convey with her words and actions would be better served if she looked slightly tougher/leaner.

She was a pampered exiled princess for a lot longer than she was a khaleesi.

Kuroyume

Banned
THE HOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YES FINALLY! :D Sansan bitches!

Also, Roose mentioned Ramsay! :D

Theon was great.

Loved how the wolves appeared on the show. Even if they don't do much it's nice to see them around.

Ygritte!

Good episode all around. I liked the Littlefinger/Tywinn scene. Interesting to see how well it works out with what happens in the books
concerning the Tyrell and Lannister marriage
later on. I can't seem to recall but didn't the dragon stealing actually happen in the books? Wasn't one of the dragons in
the house of the undying?

Final thought: what is up with the episode titles this season? I'm struggling to relate the old gods or the new to this episode even thematically. The prince of Winterfell would have been much more appropriate, but that one's being used for episode 8.

Yeah, I agree, some of them have been odd. Last nights episode and episode 2, The Night Lands, had me scratching my head at the title.

The war, Winterfell, and King's Landing should be the dominant focus of the show. I think that instead of jumping around from plot arch to plot arch so much they would do better to just focus on one plot line at a time for extended periods. Somthing like 20 uninterrrupted minutes in King's Landing, and then 20 on the War followed by a lead-in for covering what's going on beyond the Wall, in Winterfell, and in Qarth in the next episode.

One of my few complaints about this season is the lack of the War, and the lack of explanation of some of those things. If you haven't read the book, you have no idea the importance of the battle Robb wins at the beginning of ep 4 this season, which was considered a huge victory in the books. They also offered no explanation for Robb's movements and why he's doing what he's doing. I posted this earlier, but there should have been an ep 3 Robb war council scene that would have been able to easily explain this.

Man, fuck you Theon!!! I was disappointed at how they handled the Rickon/Bran escape scene. COK SPOILER:
I was hoping they'd escape off camera and Theon would burn 2 bodies at the end of the episode, and we wouldn't see the 2 until the next episode. I don't even remember how it happened in the books, but the idea of the millions of people thinking Theon killed Bran and Rickon was so exciting to me.
continuing COK spoiler, but about next episode preview too:
I guess they can do it next episode since it looks like Theon is hunting them and maybe he'll "catch" them and burn the bodies without the audience knowing they are fakes.

That's what I assume will happen.

I'm excited to rewatch this episode because HBO GO was jumping all over the place in quality last night.

Also, something I pieced together from the preview from next's weeks episode. ACOK/ASOS spoilers and show speculation
Next week, Ser Alton will attempt to free Jaime and we know that the attempt will fail. There was a shot from one of the preview trailers this season of a fully armored Robb reaching down and grabbing someone by the neck. You couldn't tell who it was and I was wondering who that could be, but now I think it's probably Alton. Perhaps they will cut him going with Brienne and Jaime and Robb kills (or Grey Wind does for extra awesome) as a result of him attempt to free Jaime.

Kammie

Episode was a bore to sit through. Just dull and lifeless. And I don't care if they have budget issues, but the taking over of Winterfell with Theon storming into the room shouting "I took over the castle! I had men climb over with grappling hooks and I took over the castle!" is inexcusable. Even an episode of Xena has the money to show a couple stuntmen climbing over a wall. I'm getting tired of how many times I've thought "Show, don't tell" now.

I guess the good thing about the dragons being captured is that now they don't have to worry about coming up with excuses for not showing them for a few episodes!

If there's anyone here who hasn't read the books, read them. You're doing yourself a disservice by experiencing the story in this rushed, stunted and dumbed-down state.

Lothar

Banned
I thought he was going to kill that one guard for mouthing off to Tyrion again.

Also, as much as I love a good Joffrey smackdown, what on Earth makes him tolerate from Tyrion. At this point in time, he seems so far gone that he would think nothing of killing Tyrion for such disrespect. Tyrion gets to him apparently.

You have to consider that with Bronn, Tyrion controls the entire city watch. The Lannister army is off fighting a war. All Joffrey has is a few men of the Kingsguard. It's the same reason he had the whore beaten instead of ordering for his uncle to be beaten.

Meier

I don't like how Arya bossed Jaqhen around, that was really weird.

I thought it had more to do with the fact that she made it evident that if he didn't follow her order then, she'd be the 3rd person dead.. I fucking loved how they did that death scene by the way -- definitely elicited a "YES!" from me. I did feel like it was a little silly in the end because in all likelihood the dude would have still had the parchment on him which would should have still caused a problem but that's okay. Jaqen is such a badass.

Did anyone screen cap the note? I couldn't read it quick enough.

Famassu

Episode was a bore to sit through.
An episode where:

-Winterfell gets taken
-Ser Rodrik is killed
-there's a revolt in King's Landing
-Sansa is almost raped
-Arya is almost caught not once but TWICE
-rangers attack wildlings
-Bran, Rickon & co escape Winterfell in the dead of the night
-the spice guy shits on Dany's plans
-the dragons are stolen

is a bore? yeah, stop watching this show right now, you just like to bitch about the differences of the show. The conquering of Winterfell was done well enough with Maester Luwin rushing to send a raven to Robb. It matters not that they didn't show them climbing over the castle walls, it's not like there was much to see there (there were very little defenses at Winterfell at that point and it was mostly just about gathering the people from around the castle to announce that the castle was taken).

gutshot

Episode was a bore to sit through. Just dull and lifeless. And I don't care if they have budget issues, but the taking over of Winterfell with Theon storming into the room shouting "I took over the castle! I had men climb over with grappling hooks and I took over the castle!" is inexcusable. Even an episode of Xena has the money to show a couple stuntmen climbing over a wall. I'm getting tired of how many times I've thought "Show, don't tell" now.

I guess the good thing about the dragons being captured is that now they don't have to worry about coming up with excuses for not showing them for a few episodes!

If there's anyone here who hasn't read the books, read them. You're doing yourself a disservice by experiencing the story in this rushed, stunted and dumbed-down state.

Yeah, you guys should totally read the books where GRRM describes in detail Theon and his men craftily sneaking into the castle, with grappling hooks and everything. It is so awesome. I love how GRRM shows, he doesn't tell....

Oh wait, wait... you mean in the book we don't see Theon take over the castle? He has the idea in one chapter and the next chapter the castle is already his? Almost exactly how it is depicted in the show? Huh.

I feel exactly the same way, a couple of stuntmen aren't going to break the bank.

There was action and/or plot development in almost every scene...

Man, you should never watch The Walking Dead. You'd die!

scy

Yeah, you guys should totally read the books where GRRM describes in detail Theon and his men craftily sneaking into the castle, with grappling hooks and everything. It is so awesome. I love how GRRM shows, he doesn't tell....

Oh wait, wait... you mean in the book we don't see Theon take over the castle? He has the idea in one chapter and the next chapter the castle is already his? Almost exactly how it is depicted in the show? Huh.

Then we'd have all the posts about what the show changed from the books!

gutshot

I thought it had more to do with the fact that she made it evident that if he didn't follow her order then, she'd be the 3rd person dead.. I fucking loved how they did that death scene by the way -- definitely elicited a "YES!" from me. I did feel like it was a little silly in the end because in all likelihood the dude would have still had the parchment on him which would should have still caused a problem but that's okay. Jaqen is such a badass.

Did anyone screen cap the note? I couldn't read it quick enough.

Without Lorch around to explain he got it from Arya, Tywin would just assume Lorch took it. He already thought he was an idiot. Although I hope they show Tywin growing suspicious of what is going on in the castle what with Arya being shady and now the assassinations of two of his lieutenants.

q_q

You definitely see it happening through Bran's POV. Not a huge deal to me, but the condescending attitude in this post made me reply.

jett

D-Member

Maybe I'm crazy but I remember the book describing Theon and the Ironmen sneaking into Winterfell.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
You definitely see it happening through Bran's POV. Not a huge deal to me, but the condescending attitude in this post made me reply.

I'm pretty sure the book does it the same way, with Theon hatching the plan and then Bran being woken up by Theon in his bedroom.

q_q

I'm pretty sure the book does it the same way, with Theon hatching the plan and then Bran being woken up by Theon in his bedroom.

Read the summary. It does happen this way but before we see Theon in Winterfell, we see the men climbing the walls through Summer's eyes.

gutshot

Yes. There is no action set piece where Theon's men are scaling the castle walls.

Sorry for being condescending, it just really bugs me when people complain about the way the show handles something and then hold up the book as the definitive version of the story, when the scene they are complaining about is taken directly from the book!

See also: Theon being baptized, Jaqen saying Arya owes the Red God, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom