• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroRay

series
I thought it went into more detail, I remember pod killing him lol

also warning for non-book readers:

DO NOT GOOGLE THE RAINS OF CASTAMERE

Series
Well, it's the question of why Moore attacked Tyrion. We still don't have a clear answer for that.

Flo_Evans

Did Bronn make it out ok? I didn't really see him after the Hound shit his pants. They didn't show his death so I assume he is still alive...

it's funny, in the books I thought Tywin was decent. If nothing else, the one thing I prefer more in the show than the book is Tywin. The actor is just fuckin' owning his role.

He really is absolutely perfect for the role. And the thing about Tywin in the books is that in all his personal appearances he comes off as a cold, stern but just lord.

But then you remember why they wrote a song about Castamere.

anaron

Bow to Queen Sansa.

The explosion was visually stunning and certainly lived up to how I imagined it. Though does anyone else think the actors should have been switched for Davos and Stannis? Both are convincing me far more of the characters they aren't playing.

Plasmid

pfttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

fruck

in all honesty i looked at it and it didn't seem to spoil much, just a little backstory before, showing how Tywin is.

Again, if you dont want to spoil anything dont read it, but it doesn't spoil anything where we are now does it?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
in all honesty i looked at it and it didn't seem to spoil much, just a little backstory before, showing how Tywin is.

Again, if you dont want to spoil anything dont read it, but it doesn't spoil anything where we are now does it?

If you're talking about the AWOIAF page, don't scroll down and read, lol. Them spoilers will literally crush you.

Dany

Banned
The first half of the episode had the best writing to date, some amazing stuff being said and the actors just sold every second of it. Really was fantastic. The second half after the wildfire was just as intense, Tyrion leading them to victory.

Cersie was just killing it tonight, the story she was telling Tommen, so perfect. Best episode so far. Also, that song, perfectly used between Bronn and clegane, both are fantastic.

Tess3ract

Banned

The song is integral to the story. I'm not saying anything more. DONT GOOGLE IT.

Amir0x

Banned
i'd say 'man George RR should write more episodes', but if he added that to his list of things to do, we'd get the next book in 30 years instead of the 18 years it will be now

The first half of the episode had the best writing to date, some amazing stuff being said and the actors just sold every second of it. Really was fantastic. The second half after the wildfire was just as intense, Tyrion leading them to victory.

Cersie was just killing it tonight, the story she was telling Tommen, so perfect. Best episode so far. Also, that song, perfectly used between Bronn and clegane, both are fantastic.

Martin being able to write focused dialog that doesn't skip around between story arcs is an awesome thing.

About the house of the undying...I wonder what they'll show?
There must be one more...the dragon has three heads.

Edit: Nevermind, all the other cues have been missing, no way they'll throw that in.

Dany

Banned
i'd say 'man George RR should write more episodes', but if he added that to his list of things to do, we'd get the next book in 30 years instead of the 18 years it will be now

An episode per season would be great, what did he do last year, baelor right?

Martin being able to write focused dialog that doesn't skip around between story arcs is an awesome thing.

Next episode spoiler:

I hope that we see some of the trippier stuff like the woman getting savaged/raped. Since Benioff and Weiss are clearly itching to get to the RW, I think we'll see something foreshadowing it (maybe not to the extent of the books.) I also fully expect that we'll see some HBO style cameos of old cast members in the visions... Khal Drogo, Viserys, hell maybe even good ol' Sean Bean if we're lucky.

Amir0x

Banned
An episode per season would be great, what did he do last year, baelor right?

pretty sure it was Baelor, yeah. Baelor was just gold; was the best directed and best written episode of the series to date. Everything sold the Ned moment perfectly.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

I wonder if it'll show [ACoK/ASoS]
the wolf's head on a man's body.

scosher

pretty sure it was Baelor, yeah. Baelor was just gold; was the best directed and best written episode of the series to date. Everything sold the Ned moment perfectly.

Nah, he did Episode 8, the Pointy End. Which was well written but just as slow as this season's episode 8.

If he's going to be doing the penultimate episodes then I imagine that (ASOS spoilers)
he will be writing the episode with the Red Wedding since HBO likes it that way

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
it's funny, in the books I thought Tywin was decent. If nothing else, the one thing I prefer more in the show than the book is Tywin. The actor is just fuckin' owning his role.

Charles Dunce. The best role in any of the Alien films, outside the first one. I said it!

Amir0x

Banned
Charles Dunce. The best role in any of the Alien films, outside the first one. I said it!

haha, no doubt

Nah, he did Episode 8, the Pointy End. Which was well written but just as slow as this season's episode 8.

oops. either way, Baelor was the best written episode of the series, and this is the second best written episode. Pointy End didn't actually strike me as written THAT well, so I guess it's not always a hit with Martin.

Lax Mike

Neo Member
So (Early ASOS spoiler):
I guess they'll move up Davos' getting rescues to the finale, or at least show him stranded and hallucinating.

I'm also crushed that no one is even worrying about Davos. I guess no one cares about the lowly Onion knight.

Peeling onions might make you cry,
but no one sheds a tear
for the Onion Knight, blown sky high
just as victory was near.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom