• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So, things we expect to see in the final episode based on the books and the promo?

[ACoK/ASoS]
- House of the Undying but not Dany's scene at the docks. I expect that in S3.
- Jon/Qhorin fight to the death
- Brienne/Jamie taken by the murmers (I wouldn't think they would show it this early but they're fighting someone in the promo)
- Aftermath in King's Landing from the promo plus Tyrion in his sick bed and them saying they don't know if he'll make it. I'd like them to also mention Margaery's upcoming marriage.
- Arya getting the coin and saying goodbye to Jaqen
- Final scene: Three horn blasts. No explanation as to what it means during the scene because they'll replay Sam's explanation during the "previously on" portion at the start of the episode.

I don't expect to see Robb.

It's going to be a hell of an episode and I'm glad it's a bit longer at 64 minutes.

Tess3ract

Banned
So, things we expect to see in the final episode based on the books and the promo?

[ACoK/ASoS]
- Brienne/Jamie taken by the murmers (I wouldn't think they would show it this early but they're fighting someone in the promo)
- Aftermath in King's Landing from the promo plus Tyrion in his sick bed and them saying they don't know if he'll make it. I'd like them to also mention Margaery's upcoming marriage.
- Final scene: Three horn blasts. No explanation as to what it means during the scene because they'll replay Sam's explanation during the "previously on" portion at the start of the episode.

It's going to be a hell of an episode and I'm glad it's a bit longer at 64 minutes.

They can't have them captured by the mummers already, what the hell are they going to do for four seasons or so?

iWJrwz1M4ehL4.gif

Fuzzy

They can't have them captured by the mummers already, what the hell are they going to do for four seasons or so?
I agree, maybe the promo was just showing
them fighting some random people. I really want to see more Jaime/Brienne scenes together before the mummers capture them.

scosher

[ACoK/ASoS]

(SOS spoilers)
I'm kinda disappointed we won't get Barristan Selmy as the cliffhanger reveal for Dany's storyline. I'm looking forward to the House of Undying, but I don't think it works well as a cliffhanger for a season finale -- as in, something to whet the appetite for more. Barristan Selmy arriving as "Arsten" would've done just that for the non-readers.

I think House of the Undying should've been in Ep. 8, especially considering how lackluster that episode was.

Lax Mike

Neo Member
I don't remember Stannis actually fighting in the books, so did they change that for the series?

I can see how having him be in the thick of things really help his case as being a better king than Joffrey could ever be, all the while adding some nice gore. And I liked his pre-battle speech of "Let's take the City!" which really says a lot about his character: blunt and to the point. He doesn't have the eloquence of Renly or Tyrion, but when he says something, he means it.

And was it just me, or was this episode really gunning to portray Stannis as the villain? I remember reading the book and rooting for Stannis all the way through, but that wasn't the case here.

Fuzzy

(SOS spoilers)
I'm kinda disappointed we won't get Barristan Selmy as the cliffhanger reveal for Dany's storyline. I'm looking forward to the House of Undying, but I don't think it works well as a cliffhanger for a season finale -- as in, something to whet the appetite for more. Barristan Selmy arriving as "Arsten" would've done just that for the non-readers.

I think House of the Undying should've been in Ep. 8, especially considering how lackluster that episode was.
[ACoK]
I agree about when they should have aired it but I can see them showing Dany walking out of THotU with Drogon on her shoulder as her last scene to leave her on a high note once again.

BTW from WiC tumblr.

Lothar

Banned
I don't remember Stannis actually fighting in the books, so did they change that for the series?

I can see how having him be in the thick of things really help his case as being a better king than Joffrey could ever be, all the while adding some nice gore. And I liked his pre-battle speech of "Let's take the City!" which really says a lot about his character: blunt and to the point. He doesn't have the eloquence of Renly or Tyrion, but when he says something, he means it.

And was it just me, or was this episode really gunning to portray Stannis as the villain? I remember reading the book and rooting for Stannis all the way through, but that wasn't the case here.

Stannis didn't have a POV in the books and he wasn't with Davos during the battle. Davos was on the ships, Stannis was commanding the land troops. So you didn't get to see what he was doing.

I don't see how anyone can think Stannis is a villain. He was fearless as fuck, he was nice to Davos in the last episode, and he is the rightful king. If anything, this episode made him out to be much more badass than he ever was in CoK.

I haven't watched it yet but I am so disappointed they didn't include the chain :(
That was supposed to be tyrion's masterstroke

There's a reason no one who watched the episode is missing the chain. I had even forgotten about it until just now.

Dany

Banned
I read that part of the book 2 times and had someone explain it here but I am still confused by what the hell the chains are and did for Blackwater.

Amir0x

Banned
rewatched the explosion just now. The most impressive bit of CG on the show, now, I'm convinced is that bit during the scene where Davos entire ship literally disintegrates as Davos/Son flies back. The explosion itself is cool, but the way the ship disintegrates is so fucking amazing.

Fuzzy

I read that part of the book 2 times and had someone explain it here but I am still confused by what the hell the chains are and did for Blackwater.
[ACoK]
Stannis' fleet pass the chain in the bay then it went up behind them making it impossible for the fleet to back out once the wildfire attack started.

Amir0x

Banned
-Pyromanic- said:
It kind of really bugs me that Sansa is a giant human being.

she is quite big. it made the whole period storyline fall short. i was like 'whatever, Cersei, you know this can't be her first flowering... chick is mad developed already!'

i'd say 'man George RR should write more episodes', but if he added that to his list of things to do, we'd get the next book in 30 years instead of the 18 years it will be now

Fuck HBO. Clearly neutered Martin as there was zero food in the episode. This "adaptation" (HUGE QUOTES) is a fucking joke.

Wine doesn't count as food, "HBNO".

So pissed right now.

Amir0x

Banned
there was food, or at least food talk. tyrion was all like 'yo hound, you want me to serve you burgers and french fries with that wine asshole?'

Fuzzy

she is quite big. it made the whole period storyline fall short. i was like 'whatever, Cersei, you know this can't be her first flowering... chick is mad developed already!'
Best thing will be [ASoS]
Tyrion trying to reach up to put his cloak around her during their wedding. The taller she gets the funnier it'll be. :lol

Tess3ract

Banned
Tyrion traps them in the bay near King's landing with no way out with a big fuckoff chain in the way, then the wildfire goes off and it's a slaughterhouse and the lysenne pirates Stannis brought with him that were in the back went "LOL yeah right" and abandoned stannis' forces.

Arment

So cool they put that song in the credits.

I wish GRRM could write all the episodes. But then the book would take even longer.

The explosion was so fucking awesome! Poor Davos.

Altazor

it was AMAZING.

goddammit, I loved it.

loved it loved it loved it loved it loved it loved it.

dat wildfire

dat Tywin

dat HALFMAN

Nah, he did Episode 8, the Pointy End. Which was well written but just as slow as this season's episode 8.

Wow, hold your tongue, that episode was awesome.

[ACoK/ASoS]

ACOK/EP 10 spoilers
You will see Robb next week.

Tonight's episode was great. Holy shit at the Wildfire scene!

TheExodu5

Banned
rewatched the explosion just now. The most impressive bit of CG on the show, now, I'm convinced is that bit during the scene where Davos entire ship literally disintegrates as Davos/Son flies back. The explosion itself is cool, but the way the ship disintegrates is so fucking amazing.

It's probably the best film explosion I've ever seen.

Amir0x

Banned
It's probably the best film explosion I've ever seen.

it's definitely the best tv show explosion I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure I've seen better film explosions, but it really doesn't matter. The explosion, and that Davos ship disintegration in particular, is just astonishingly high quality for a tv show. Really, bravo to the computer geeks responsible for rendering that shit properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom