• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
damn just look at how the concussion from the explosion bowls the ships sails over before the flames consume them

really, the detail is insane

Pkaz01

"lord varys knows what you had for lunch three days ago, there are no surprises here"

awesome line, perfect for both characters involved.

AMAZING episode!

Gah, I bought the books a year ago on my Kindle Fire and have yet to crack the first open yet.
I need to say fuck it and read them, this show is so incredible I can only imagine how good the books must be.

It's too bad GRRM is off theoretically writing two more books, his episodes of the show are so badass. It felt like it was ten minutes long. Some of the on-foot battle-y stuff towards the end felt a little TVish, but for the most part I'm surprised they pulled off the battle so well, even knowing they had Marshall on board.

It's almost too bad they had Martin do Blackwater, though. His episode last year was far and away the best at juggling all the different storylines so it feels like a bit of a waste to put him on an episode with just a handful of people in one location. I would have liked to see him handle next week's. Still, this was a hell of an hour, up there with The Pointy End and Baelor.

Hope they can carry this energy through the end. It's too bad next week will be the last Alan Taylor episode.

iAeQ2KJ7L5Azh.gif

Halvie

Banned
that was fucking amazing.

can anyone tell me if Tyrion was killed? Can't really tell. Yes or no spoiler tagged will do. tyty

Pecan1

Banned
Yea that explosion is so good, there's even a little wave coming off it, i was just jizzing in my pants for a whole hour

Still don't get the love for the Rains song w/ vocals. The singer goes from mumbling/not saying the last half of words to doing like american idol soul rhythm exaggerating each word ( im sure there's a musical term for that) I thought the guards and bronn singing it was awesome and I feel like there were instrumental variations of the same song like when tyrion leads the attack; similar to the variation of the opening theme like when tywin busts into the throne room

Best episode of anything on tv ever

How about a Fuck the King gif??

Tokubetsu

I was worried with how they'd handle Blackwater but fuck, that's quite possibly my favorite ep of GoT. Glad they got Neil Marshall to do it, I'm a big fan of Doomsday and Centurion.

You know, I'm actually really happy to see this thread be so high on this episode. I'm sure the bitching will start soon (no chain, no "Renly" riding in...) but dammit, it's refreshing.

Forkball

We need gifs of the following scenes:
Stannis coming off the boat onto the land
Head chop
Leg chop
Hound spitting out the water
Lancel wincing in pain after being hit by Cersei

Dany

Banned
Also the part with Sansa speaking to Joeffery and if he will be on the vanguard was great. Her and Cersie together was great.

Altazor

oh yeah, Lena was brilliant tonight. I was critical of her performance last season, but she has improved A LOT. And tonight's episode is the proof: every moment she shared with Sansa and the scene with Tommen at the end - great, great stuff.

nib95

Banned
Amazing episode. Tyrion better not fucking die. But I doubt he did. Usually deaths that are deaths are a bit more obvious lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom