• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bronn and The Dog were awesome .

I lost respect for Dog. I thought he was being a dickhead for trying to pick a fight with Bronn and a coward for leaving the battle the way he did (even though I wanted the Lanisters to lose). Up til now, I thought Dog was a bad ass with a degree of honour somewhere deep within him. This episode made me rethink that.
Also, the naked girl sitting on Bronns lap was my favorite nude scene so far. That girl was nice. I was suprized she was "bald" though. Doesnt seem to suit the GoT theme IMO.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I lost respect for Dog. I thought he was being a dickhead for trying to pick a fight with Bronn and a coward for leaving the battle the way he did (even though I wanted the Lanisters to lose). Up til now, I thought Dog was a bad ass with a degree of honour somewhere deep within him. This episode made me rethink that.
Also, the naked girl sitting on Bronns lap was my favorite nude scene so far. That girl was nice. I was suprized she was "bald" though. Doesnt seem to suit the GoT theme IMO.

Oh well I mostly meant the acting.

It's too bad they never went over how The Hound's face was burned. You'd understand why he is so afraid of fire.

WTF Sansa why didn't you leave

FeD.nL

Saying "fuck the king" against Joffrey's face is the most honorable thing I've seen him do though.

Edit:

It's too bad they never went over how The Hound's face was burned. You'd understand why he is so afraid of fire.

They did, littlefinger explains it to Sansa at the Joust in season 1.

Krogan

Oh well I mostly meant the acting.

WTF Sansa why didn't you leave

They did, in season one during the Hand's Tourney Lord Baelish tells Sansa the story about it.

Zeliard

Was during this scene.

ieFpGiTsbOt0.jpg

Randdalf

If there was one thing that could have slightly improved the last episode it would have been one sweeping CGI shot of the battle (didn't have to be very long) that captured the scale of it. Most of it I actually felt as though there was a giant battle going on but when they were pushing up the ladder onto the wall I was strongly reminded of Helm's Deep when there are about 10 gigantic ladders being pushed up at once.

Big-E

Great episode as the dialog was a lot better than the last couple of episodes. Thought the battle was done well except for when Tyrion came out of the tunnels to stop the ram. It seemed like all they needed were like 5 guys to do it. Tyrion kills one and some die and it is all over in 5 seconds. Thought that part o the battle could have been done better.

My impression of Sandor is that he's a man who recognizes he is a weapon of power and enjoys his standing and the privileges that come with it (namely killing). By all rights he really is a dog, faithfully protecting his masters to protect his own interests (Never been sure why he has such a soft spot for Sansa).

And it wasn't cowardice that made him run; the fire completely broke him.

Edit: And that list of fighter's prowess. Barristan is #1, hand's down. When he was dismissed from the Kingsguard and said he could cut through the rest of the seven even at his age he wasn't lying, and in the last episode when Jaime says there are only two or three people who could beat him, Barristan is at the top of the list. Minor spoiler showing his badassness
He fights a champion pit fighter at one point and spends the entire fight asking the guy to put down his weapon and go home before gutting him.
He's one of my absolute favorites; basically Ned v2.0 but with the "doesn't know when to shut the fuck up about secret plots" bug fixed.

frequency

Best episode of any show that I have ever seen

Peter Dinklage, best lead actor. Basically, this was a 'best of show' for every character who was in this episode. Lena whatever, Cersei, far and away her best. Also the best episode for Sansa. Obviously the best episode for Dog. Obviously the best episode for Lancel. Great episode for Davos, very good episode for Stanis.

Did I miss, or am I forgetting something?
He has barely any screen time and like barely any dialog in this episode. Davos was only there at the very beginning and then his boat exploded. I wouldn't call that a great episode for Davos at all.

JGS

Banned
He has barely any screen time and like barely any dialog in this episode. Davos was only there at the very beginning and then his boat exploded. I wouldn't call that a great episode for Davos at all.
It was. He was a great commander for normal things. However, the wildfire scene really shows that whatever little magic/unknown forces there are, it trumps anything that is considered typical. They bring this out often with the dragon talk, but just about anything magical is more than anyone can handle.

Him telling his son to get down really drove home the point to me that Davos could not possibly calculate the power behind the explosion. Ducking, like it was a cannonball, wasn't going to do anything considering it was powerful enough to obliterate the entire ship and those around it.

1stStrike

Banned
I just watched this last night. Was a really fabulous episode and it was played well overall. I loved the scene in the beginning of the episode while Tyrion was getting armored up, and of course the wild fire scene gave me chills. Really wonderful how this all came together.

I liked Tyrion's speech too. He's really trying to keep the kingdom together while Joffrey would send it into total chaos if he had his way.

Meier

The dialog with his son was fantastic. The bit about trusting his captain was obviously quite bittersweet with knowing what came next.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I think the vast majority of people over there are posting in good faith, but there is a bit of stuff inadvertently slipping through the cracks. It really is better if the book readers just stop posting over there. Certainly no reason to be paranoid, but people from here should stay out of that thread and let them enjoy the experience on their own.
I think it should go even further and have people like Speevy (not singling him out, just an example) banned from that thread also then. Non-readers who come into this thread and spoil future plot points for themselves shouldn't be posting in a thread for people who have no prior knowledge of future events. Other cross-posters also, pick a side and stick to it. Like you said, a bit of stuff (could) inadvertently slip(ping) through the cracks.

the Hound could not defeat Jaime Lannister in a dual and I doubt Ser Gregor could either. The Mountain is sheer power and strength with limited mobility and modest quickness.

Ser Barristan could probably pull it off though.

the Hound could not defeat Jaime Lannister in a dual and I doubt Ser Gregor could either. The Mountain is sheer power and strength with limited mobility and modest quickness.

Gregor and Sandor wouldn't stand a chance against Jaime, and Jaime would be hard pressed to keep up with Barristan. Booktalk, Jaime on Barristan:
He pretty much idolizes him and I think there are a few times where he goes on about his fighting prowess.

Interestingly, the wildifire-on-a-ship tactic is similar to the use of fireships in historical naval warfare, famously during the defeat of the Spanish Armada by the English, although there was explosion-y green chemical fire, obviously.

frequency

Hmm...
I will keep this in mind when the blu ray comes out. I haven't rewatched anything in this show yet, but I feel like I need to rewatch the beginning of this one. I really enjoy Davos and it seems I missed something.

I thought he had a very minor role this episode and that bothered me a bit.

Maybe enduring through the violence for fourty minutes just made me forget the beginning.

Pretty sure in the book Jaime thinks the Hound could give him a run for his money.

JGS

Banned

The Hound is quicker than The Mountain (He was able to jump up and rescue the one knight from his brother). Being thick & muscular is a good defense against quickness anyway.

JGS

Banned
We won't know until next episode. I don't know where he got that from, because it kind of sounds like she wants to go with him.
The preview has
her talking to Littlefinger (iirc). Maybe the assumption is Littlefinger is in King's Landing (I wouldn't think he'd return before the battle)

ari

Banned

i don't give a shit about the books or anything about how awesome jaime lannister is in dualing. All i know is that the hound chopped people in half with one fucking swoop, Jaime doesn't, end of argument.

i don't give a shit about the books or anything about how awesome jaime lannister is in dualing. All i know is that the hound chopped people in half with one fucking swoop, Jaime doesn't, end of argument.

On that line of thought I hope we get some more scenes of Gregor fighting. One-handing a claymore because fuck aaaaaaall y'aaaaall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom