• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mwahahahaha!

Just in case you're not joking, I spoilered it.
Preview discussion should be spoiler tagged in this thread just as anything from the books that hasn't happened on the television show yet should be tagged and labeled. Rules are in the OP. Thanks.

ari

Banned
ijyJhSUHOZe1Z.gif

WTF LOL

I know there are already a lot of ASoIaF threads already but there should really be a "Finished the books, let's watch TV" thread where we can quote people from the non-readers thread and laugh and laugh and laugh.

ari

Banned
I know there are already a lot of ASoIaF threads already but there should really be a "Finished the books, let's watch TV" thread where we can quote people from the non-readers thread and laugh and laugh and laugh.

why? some people don't care about the adaptation of the book that much...like me. :/

frequency

Would you go with The Hound?

No. I didn't think so.

I would.

If I was Sansa, I would think he's capable and obviously not out to hurt me. And he's offering to take me home, which would make my brother's war much easier on him and my mother. The people in King's Landing are out to hurt me though (except for maybe Tyrion - but I would be thinking he must have some hidden motive to being kind).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I really think the S3 thread should be a S3/ASoS unmarked spoilers thread. Anything past ASoS would be tagged. Nobody should be allowed to post in the regular NBS thread if they participate in the S3/ASoS thread. With the way it is now non-book readers don't think they'll be spoiled in here but as we've already learned from earlier in this thread (ie, spoiler about Arya not using one of her wishes on Tywin wasn't tagged multiple times) that doesn't happen. There really should be a clean split between the two sets of people who post in these threads for their own good. Some of us are smart enough to follow the rules the way they currently are but unfortunately some aren't.

jett

D-Member
I kinda laughed when I saw Sansa and Shae standing next to one another, my god Sansa is a giant.

They should be using perspective tricks or something. Even the clothes she wears make her look ginormous. She's just not tall, he's also crazy broad-shouldered.

Fuzzy

I would.

If I was Sansa, I would think he's capable and obviously not out to hurt me. And he's offering to take me home, which would make my brother's war much easier on him and my mother. The people in King's Landing are out to hurt me though (except for maybe Tyrion - but I would be thinking he must have some hidden motive to being kind).
What do you know about being a teenage girl? :p

bengraven

I really think the S3 thread should be a S3/ASoS unmarked spoilers thread. Anything past ASoS would be tagged. Nobody should be allowed to post in the regular NBS thread if they participate in the S3/ASoS thread. With the way it is now non-book readers don't think they'll be spoiled in here but as we've already learned from earlier in this thread (ie, spoiler about Arya not using one of her wishes on Tywin wasn't tagged multiple times) that doesn't happen. There really should be a clean split between the two sets of people who post in these threads for their own good. Some of us are smart enough to follow the rules the way they currently are but unfortunately some aren't.

I kind of agree with this.

The two threads should be either "GOT Season 3: unmarked spoilers" or "GOT Season 3: no spoilers at all". If you want to ask a question about the books, then PM one of the book readers (we'll put a list in the no spoilers thread of people you can PM, which includes me). If you want to talk about the books vs. the show, then go to the unmarked spoilers thread.

I know we already have a book thread about unmarked spoilers, but there should be a TV thread that lets us talk openly.

The preview at the very end of the episode showed that she was still at King's Landing. Baelish was talking to her.

Edit: Or at the very least it looked like King's Landing.
Preview discussion should be spoiler tagged in this thread just as anything from the books that hasn't happened on the television show yet should be tagged and labeled. Rules are in the OP. Thanks.

It's something that I've considered recently. We have almost a year to sort it out, so let's just keep it in mind and discuss it in 2013.

Fuzzy

If you want to ask a question about the books, then PM one of the book readers (we'll put a list in the no spoilers thread of people you can PM, which includes me).
I'm on that list in the OP in the other thread. Number of PMs I got so far this year = 0. Did anyone else get them without soliciting them within the thread?

KingGondo

Banned
Finally got to watch Blackwater last night.

Wow. GRRM brought it writing-wise, and it's probably not a stretch to say that it was the most impressive TV battle ever filmed. The Wildfire explosion was a genuine HOLY SHIT moment. Even the hand-to-hand combat was exciting and brutal.

Re: Tyrion (ACOK Spoilers):
Pretty surprised how extensive his scarring is going to be. It's probably the most that D&D could do without resorting to extensive makeup effects in future seasons. Should be plenty offputting and will reflect Tyrion's growing disillusion in seasons 3 and 4. And the moment when he's wounded was done as well as could be expected without a massive budget.

Best episode yet, by far. Completely redeemed the last couple of episodes, which were uneven and lacked some direction.

Excited for the finale, and especially for (ACOK Spoiler)
the House of the Undying.

It's something that I've considered recently. We have almost a year to sort it out, so let's just keep it in mind and discuss it in 2013.

Suggestive comments and thread derails aside, things are better than they were last year and I don't think anyone has been outright spoiled on anything significant.

KingGondo

Banned
I'd really like to rewatch this with a proper stereo system. I've seen the episode twice now and said HOLY SHIT both times, but damn I imagine on a good system the sound must have been a megaton HOLY SHIT.
Yeah, even on my modest Sony sound bar system, it really boomed and took your breath away. I did have the sound cranked way up, though.

I'd really like to rewatch this with a proper stereo system. I've seen the episode twice now and said HOLY SHIT both times, but damn I imagine on a good system the sound must have been a megaton HOLY SHIT.

It was pretty powerful, the sound on the Blu-Ray will be incredible.

Too bad we'll have to wait until March '13 or something. :(

Zoibie

Would you go with The Hound?

No. I didn't think so.

If I was Sansa, I would. The Hound's already saved her life once when she was set upon by attackers, and it seems she holds him to some degree of respect, even if he does scare her sometimes. He's probably the person Sansa trusts most in King's Landing.

JGS

Banned
The scene set up nicely that Sansa can completely trust Hound now. If she stays, it's for reasons other than Hound hurting her.

Sotha Sil

Great episode. Lena Headey's performance (and the writing) really stole the show, though I'll admit this explosion indeed was badass.

I'm already (and stupidly, given the long wait) getting hyped for season 3/4. [SoS spoilers]
Especially when it comes to Charles Dance and Dinklage. Their final confrontation should be glorious.

[Whole series spoilers]
Anyone worried about the later books, though? I really like Feast, and am a bit ambivalent about Dance with Dragons, but it's kind of obvious that the change of pace and introduction of countless new characters won't be TV-friendly. Really wonder how they'll work around it.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

I don't really see why preview discussion shouldn't be allowed. The previews appear right at the end of the episode.

- A few comments on this week's episode over on the Making Game of Thrones blog

One factoid:
According to D.B Weiss in this week's Inside the Episode, Peter Dinklage improvised his lines a bit, making Tyrion's decision that much more intriguing:
Was there anything else of interest in the "Inside the Episode" this week?

Suggestive comments and thread derails aside, things are better than they were last year and I don't think anyone has been outright spoiled on anything significant.
I think it's been about on par with last year. We've had 4-5 more serious spoilers over there this season, but those were mopped up pretty quickly by moderators. The more consistent problem this season has been all of the suggestive comments and derails, and posters over there regularly complain about it.
I don't really see why preview discussion shouldn't be allowed. The previews appear right at the end of the episode.
It's standard tv thread policy. Some people don't watch the previews and some regions don't get them.

Zabka

With a show like this, where a large chunk of people already know what's happening, lots of people "fill in the blanks" in a discussion of the previews. It's better to just lock that shit down.

Xamdou

Definitely will be getting the Bestbuy exclusive version of GoT: Season 2!

Aside from a different cover art, hopefully they will throw in some extra exclusive content in there as well.

KingGondo

Banned
It really is amazing how much this one episode improved this season as a whole.

The narrative and depth of characterization benefitted immensely from not jumping around and focusing on the events in one corner of Westeros.

Stannis, Davos, Joffrey, Sansa, the Hound, Cersei, Bronn, Varys, Tyrion, and even Shae had some really nice moments that fleshed out their characters.

GRRM saved the season.

Fuzzy

I don't think I understand. But I feel like you're making fun of me. :(
Nah, just making fun of the people who implied that those who said they would go with The Hound didn't understand what it was like to be a teenage girl and that none would actually go with him.

- A few comments on this week's episode over on the Making Game of Thrones blog

Was there anything else of interest in the "Inside the Episode" this week?
Not really. The improvised line was really great though since they explained he was only supposed to say "I'll lead the attack" once to all of the men but Dinklage said it once to himself first before saying it to all the men which they loved.

The narrative and depth of characterization benefitted immensely from not jumping around and focusing on the events in one corner of Westeros.

Stannis, Davos, Joffrey, Sansa, the Hound, Cersei, Bronn, Varys, Tyrion, and even Shae had some really nice moments that fleshed out their characters.

GRRM saved the season.

My feelings as well. It has been kind of a weak season compared to the first one but GRRM came in and totally nailed every single line. I wish he could write all of them but obviously I'd rather he finish the books...

Grrm has said Ned is not a great fighter
uhhhh you sure about that?

Sotha Sil

GRRM saved the season.

[SoS spoilers]
I'm really curious about the direction they're going with Shae. TV-Shae is a responsible and visibly caring person, much more mature and independent than her book counterpart. I really wonder if they'll go through with the betrayal. It certainly will sting a lot more now that they gave her a lot of positive qualities.

My feelings as well. It has been kind of a weak season compared to the first one but GRRM came in and totally nailed every single line. I wish he could write all of them but obviously I'd rather he finish the books...

uhhhh you sure about that?

Yes, Ned isn't a great fighter. He's just decent. They changed it for the show.

Defuser

"Lord Varys knows what you have for breakfast 3 days ago. There are no suprises"

I can't believe I laugh at that line. I wouldn't be surprise if Varys does know.

Raist

Banned
About Sansa

[ACoK/ASoS spoilers]
Maybe my memory is completely hazy, but I thought in the book the hound left much later, not during the battle. Because Joffrey gets to marry Margaery given that her house helped during King's Landing battle and Sansa now gets to marry Tyrion.
Then eventually the hound leaves and takes her with him, although I don't remember the exact reason.

So I was surprised it was going to happen so early in the show, but it seems like the hound might leave without her after all

edit: huh, nevermind, somehow completely mixed things up.

ZeroRay

[SoS spoilers]
I'm really curious about the direction they're going with Shae. TV-Shae is a responsible and visibly caring person, much more mature and independent than her book counterpart. I really wonder if they'll go through with the betrayal. It certainly will sting a lot more now that they gave her a lot of positive qualities.

ASoS
Makes Tyrion's transformation to Mini-Tywin that much better.

Fuzzy

About Sansa

Maybe my memory is completely hazy, but I thought in the book the hound left much later, not during the battle. Because Joffrey gets to marry Margaery given that her house helped during King's Landing battle and Sansa now gets to marry Tyrion.
Then eventually the hound leaves and takes her with him, although I don't remember the exact reason.

So I was surprised it was going to happen so early in the show, but it seems like the hound might leave without her after all
You're wrong.

[ASoS]
The Hound leaves during the battle kind of like it showed in the show and Sansa stays behind. Sansa doesn't leave KL until the night of Joffrey's wedding.

Lothar

Banned
[SoS spoilers]

I don't think they can do that now. It wouldn't make any sense. (SoS)
And it would make people hate Tyrion. Shae is too nice now. It's not even fake nice. She has no reason or hidden motive to protect Sansa and give her advice but she does it anyway.
They have to change that.

Sotha Sil

I don't think they can do that now. It wouldn't make any sense. (SoS)
And it would make people hate Tyrion. Shae is too nice now. It's not even fake nice. She has no reason or hidden motive to protect Sansa and give her advice but she does it anyway.
They have to change that.

Exactly how I feel.
It's just impossible now. She'll be tortured or something, which would lead to a similar vengeance. This way, Tyrion would remain an all-around good guy. It'd be pretty disappointing, but there's just no way he kills her now. Hope I'm wrong.

Raist

Banned
You're wrong.

[ASoS]
The Hound leaves during the battle kind of like it showed in the show and Sansa stays behind. Sansa doesn't leave KL until the night of Joffrey's wedding.

Yeah, I edited my post.
Was somehow convinced that Sansa travels with the Hound at some point, but it's actually Arya >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom