• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katniss sucks though, particularly in the third book. I wanted to punch her in the face nearly the whole time.

I actually really enjoyed the new characters in Feasts. I found Arya's chapter not as groovy as ASOS, but I liked them. I was a little disappointed at how little she's in AFFC. Hoping to see her more in ADWD.

I'll agree that I wish Martin simply named the characters in the chapter rather than nicknaming them, i.e. The Queenmaker.

That's good to know. (AFFC)
I liked Arya's entrance to the House of Black and White, but found her time spent there to be pretty boring, especially given how awesome Jaquen/the Faceless Men are. She's just left to go work on the streets, so I'm hoping they tie the storylines together and it becomes more compelling.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The extras in the Season 1 Blu-ray does an excellent job of fleshing out what happened before the first book began. Not as good as the book of course, but better than shown in the show.

I would love several episodes to focus on Arys and Rhegar when Jamie tells his tale. TV viewers really need to know more about these individuals.

I see something like this happening in a Spartacus: Gods of the Arena type deal perhaps if the series should catch up to GRRM's books but Otherwise I have my doubts of flashback moments in the show... they have already had moments where they could have done this and decided to instead have it come from the characters themselves...

Then again perhaps it could be interesting to see this stuff added to certain AFFC segments

Apparently this is at SDCC. How do I get it?!
comicon-blog-image-4-580.jpg

Iksenpets

Banned
Hodor is a brony? D:

Maybe... he's just method acting? And his Hodor persona was lured into the brony lifestyle by bright colors and songs and friendship...? Also, um, bartending? Oh god I can't explain this away. I don't think I can watch this show anymore.

Mordeccai

This is incredibly badass.

though the stickler in me wishes the blade was going through his throat. I imagine that is much harder to make as a costume and it is easier to anchor the shade to his torso rather than affix it to the back of his neck.

And holy SHIT at those minecraft castles. I was able to identify most of them on sight, Moat Cailin was easily the coolest for me, it looked just as I had pictured it and the swampy land surrounding it is great. But what do you guys think this one is? The Eyrie? I was having a hard time because there aren't seven slender towers like its described in the book.

gutshot

I love how George has two outfits: the suspenders with light shirt and sailor cap and the purple vest with dark shirt and sailor cap.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I couldn't take the waiting in lines, so I skipped out on the panel this year =/

This should be starting up in a few minutes if anyone wants to watch the stream from Comic-Con.

GRRM basically just confirmed that (all books spoilers)
Theon will be in the show (probably not featured a bunch though) in the next few seasons, and won't disappear until Dance events.

gutshot

GRRM basically just confirmed that (all books spoilers)
Theon will be in the show (probably not featured a bunch though) in the next few seasons, and won't disappear until Dance events.

I suspect he will get
"Jaime in season 2" type appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom