• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
A bit late to the party... my fourth Xbox360 broke before I had a chance to play Gears 3. I'm over it but I went out and got an old, used Xbox360 at gamestop just so I could play this game since I've always been a huge fan of the Gears series.

I'm not very far in but this is easily the best looking Gears of War so far and one of the best looking console games period. Character models, environments and lighting are stunning. The texture work also deserves a mention, I mean wow... Gameplay seems to be very much the same so far but that's not a bad thing. The scale seems to be different though, more diversity between large/small enemies all the time and a bit more unpredictable events.

Anyway just came in here to say that. Going to finish the game before I make up my mind on where it stands in the trilogy. It sure has started out on a fantastic note.

(Very minor gripe is that if you play solo (which I am), it feels a bit cramped with three other AIs running around next to you when you are in smaller areas...).

Proelite

You know what'll work really well? A Dawn of War II mod for Gears of War.

The game-play engine is perfect with squad based infantry and a cover system, all we need is some skin changes.

The enemy variety in Gears of War lends itself to be made into a RTS.

Nah, I've been inconsistent like a mothafucka all day. Rarely go negative, but made stupid decisions and actions that didnt help the team. We won most of the games, but eh. Really wanna do more quickmatches for more map rotation and more fun people like Chinchilla98/DELTAFORCERS/etc

Sushen

I love Horde mode, but starting to really get frustrated by quitters. Playing Horde means hours long commitment and a couple guys always quit out only 7-8 waves in. I don't think auto jump in works for Horde mode leaving the rest no choice but quit as well.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Hot DAMN I had the sickest Longshot headshots I've ever made in one round yet - by the end of the match I was wishing that I had a recorder or that Gears 3 had a theater mode, holy shit.

And it started off right away in the second round on Checkout rushing to the Longshot - I get there first, I'm picking it up, screen fully red, I zoom in instantly knowing fully well that more Lancer bullet will put me down, and I was there solo - bam - quickscope headshot. Still red, I turn and see his buddy rushing me down the middle, and by the time I finished reloading, I have him already lined up to pop him, and I did. Two quick headshots.

Running back to the center, this guy tries to be slick and wallbounce around me - pop, he's gone. Another is camping around a corner, I walk up closer, he runs straight out of cover at me, bam, Oscar Mike. Catch one guy shooting while walking slowly forward to try to finish off my downed teammate, he lost his head too. Finally, another dude is behind cover, he rolls out sideways with his shottie and I pop him with the Superman. All within a matter of a couple minutes.

Shit that felt good.

Gah, sorry, I had to take care of something. If anyone drops out or you guys wanna play something after you're done, send me an invite, I'll be on for at least the next 2 hours.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
If i want to randomly match up with Gaffers, should i go Ranked or Social.

I love running into forum goers on the fly

Alxjn

Really wish they wouldn't give us bots in TDM. Had two people leave last round, both bots went 1 and 12. We would have been better off without them.

snack

dmg04 said:
If i want to randomly match up with Gaffers, should i go Ranked or Social.

I love running into forum goers on the fly
Chances of randomly running into gaffers aren't high. Why don't you party up with gaffers instead? lol

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
snack said:
Chances of randomly running into gaffers aren't high. Why don't you party up with gaffers instead? lol
No idea, bro.

Something about having my ass served to me on a silver platter seems appealing. It'll tell me what i'm doing right and what i'm doing wrong

snack

dmg04 said:
No idea, bro.

Something about having my ass served to me on a silver platter seems appealing. It'll tell me what i'm doing right and what i'm doing wrong
haha, I see. Well, feel free to add me up if you wanna play. :)

GT: The Japanator

Started the campaign tonight. I love how Gears and Resistance 3 have the same exact beginnings down to a T. It's always fascinating how two great companies with nothing to do with each other think a like.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
What's the point of playing Execution anymore?

-Less EXP
-3 Rounds
-More assholes that let you get up, then down you in 2 seconds

Cronox

Banned
Anyone doing an insane beast run at the moment? I just finished it on normal with some randoms but wouldn't mind the theron guard also.

GT- Cronoc

reggie

Banned
I've said multiple times in this thread that the SOS is not broken. I still stand by this, however, my opinion changes completely when you play Execution rules. In a gametype that encourages quick close quarter kills you encourage players to use the SOS exclusively. It is here, and only here, that the SOS is broken.

Conclusion? If you play Execution exclusively and complain about the SOS, you're doing it wrong. Try TDM or Warzone. It's a shame Wingman is execution rules.

So what are the rules for getting the skin on beast mode aside from beating it on insane? That's something I would like to try at some point.

DoomGyver

Wren said:
Is there a good strategy for this? I can only imagine getting to the last wave only to fail and have to start over.
4 or 5 people, have one or two people use standard locust with lancers and everyone else use tickers. Once you get to wave 11 or 12 spend your money on berserkers/bloodmounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom