• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dug said:
One thing I never got about Gears of War, who thought of putting a chainsaw on a machine gun? I could just imagine the meeting at Epic:
"Alright we got this machine gun, but the front seems a little empty...."
"Put a chainsaw there."
"Genius."
actually it went "I like warhammer, let's copy that" "great idea!"

jeremyxc

Banned
As someone who used the SOS since day one until now, if feels completely different.
I'm missing out on kills that should have won the game and such. Im pissed

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Why do all of my bullets go into the ground 15% of the time i do that 'round the wall' trick? you know, going into cover and then rushing around the wall when someone is walking up...

-PXG-

jeremyxc said:
As someone who used the SOS since day one until now, if feels completely different.
I'm missing out on kills that should have won the game and such. Im pissed
Yes! Yes! Now they begin to understand!

Let that salt flow baby.

dmg04 said:
Man, i miss all the salt that was flowing when the gnasher players were bitching their hearts out.
Don't worry, I'm sure there will be a new thing to bitch about in a couple of days. Just let the community figure out what it is first, lol.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Alienshogun said:
My lancer uses tears as lube for its saw.
How often do people tell you that you're playing the game wrong?

I'm thinking once or twice a night people are screaming about the ARs and how they're the pussy bitch way of playing gears?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
dmg04 said:
How often do people tell you that you're playing the game wrong?

I'm thinking once or twice a night people are screaming about the ARs and how they're the pussy bitch way of playing gears?

A lot, funny thing though, it's mostly from SOS users, haha.

I tend to go gnasher on gnasher if I see the guy has one. If I see a sawed off I just lancer the fuck out of them.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Alienshogun said:
A lot, funny thing though, it's mostly from SOS users, haha.

I tend to go gnasher on gnasher if I see the guy has one. If I see a sawed off I just lancer the fuck out of them.
lol, usually i'm being told the Gnasher is the only way to play and that i'm a pussy for hammerbursting. ah well.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
dmg04 said:
lol, usually i'm being told the Gnasher is the only way to play and that i'm a pussy for hammerbursting. ah well.

HB is a bit broken when you have a fast finger. Shit's a lazerburst!

Like I said though, if it's 1 on 1 and I see a gnasher, I tend to go in with my gnasher. I'm confident in my skills. If it's more than that, I'll lancer, and if there's a sawed off no matter the number, they get the business with my lancer.

All that changes if I'm suddenly surrounded with my gnasher out though, it's not like I flip to my lancer and spin in a circle shooting, haha.

Milly79

Forgive me if I am wrong, but did they change the Hammerburst? I haven't noticed it shooting any faster when I am pulling the trigger multiple times as opposed to just holding it down Lancer style.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Milly79 said:
Forgive me if I am wrong, but did they change the Hammerburst? I haven't noticed it shooting any faster when I am pulling the trigger multiple times as opposed to just holding it down Lancer style.

Maybe you're not doing it fast enough. It's definitely not changed.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Alienshogun said:
Like I said though, if it's 1 on 1 and I see a gnasher, I tend to go in with my gnasher. I'm confident in my skills. If it's more than that, I'll lancer, and if there's a sawed off no matter the number, they get the business with my lancer.
That's my issue with gears 3, though... While i'm inclined to whip out my gnasher no matter what, i WANT to use other weapons. I like the fact that it isn't just powerweapongnashergrenades anymore. I want to give pistols and lancers a try.... but when people bitch about 45% gnasher kills not being enough and ARs being the pussy way of playing

ughghghghghghghg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
dmg04 said:
That's my issue with gears 3, though... While i'm inclined to whip out my gnasher no matter what, i WANT to use other weapons. I like the fact that it isn't just powerweapongnashergrenades anymore. I want to give pistols and lancers a try.... but when people bitch about 45% gnasher kills not being enough and ARs being the pussy way of playing

ughghghghghghghg

I'll chose my lancer over every other weapon every time. I just love using the damn thing.

That said, nothing's more satisfying than a gnasher headshot.

Quit worrying about what the kids yell post game, most of them are garbage anyway. If anything, look at what they are using, then what they are bitching about. People will find ANYTHING to shift blame away from themselves in the face of a loss.

Really skilled teams will lancer the fuck out of you and keep you on lockdown while they rape you with power weapons.

-PXG-

Alienshogun said:
I'll chose my lancer over every other weapon every time. I just love using the damn thing.

That said, nothing's more satisfying than a gnasher headshot.

Quit worrying about what the kids yell post game, most of them are garbage anyway. If anything, look at what they are using, then what they are bitching about. People will find ANYTHING to shift blame away from themselves in the face of a loss.

Really skilled teams will lancer the fuck out of you and keep you on lockdown while they rape you with power weapons.
Host ass bitch

1v1 now scrub.

Ramirez

dmg04 said:

ughghghghghghghg

You care about other people's opinions too much, muting randoms is the only way to play videogames online.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
Host ass bitch

1v1 now scrub.

lol, alright, 1 sec.

*cha-chink*

All I need is one shot. Come at me bro. ;)

You should hear all these kids today. Shit's hilarious the reasons they come up with for losing.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Ramirez said:
You care about other people's opinions too much, muting randoms is the only way to play videogames online.
It's not so much that i care about the bitching... it's a few things

1. Happens often
2. Game was just tweaked because of the amount of bitching
3. "Adapt or Die" just changed to "Bitch and complain until you get your way or have a K/D under 5.0

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
dmg04 said:
It's not so much that i care about the bitching... it's a few things

1. Happens often
2. Game was just tweaked because of the amount of bitching
3. "Adapt or Die" just changed to "Bitch and complain until you get your way or have a K/D under 5.0

They didn't change SOS that much, the gib range was a bit absurd.

Montresor

Is anyone else loving how the journal keeps track of executions?

I worked through the gnasher, chainsaw lancer, and retro lancer, and got all of their executions. Now I'm 50 kills away from getting the double-barrel execution and I'm just getting the hang of the hammerburst. It feels great working towards the 200 kills or, in the case of power weapons, 40 kills necessary for each execution.

I decided to cheese the digger and gorgon executions in campaign though, since I don't think I'll ever unlock those. Same with Hammer of Dawn and Oneshot. The others I think will be doable, and really fun to unlock.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
MCXC Pioneer said:
I'm freaking terrrrible at multi right now, any tips? I usually use the Lancer/SOS combo since I'm a noob...
You playing with a team, or randoms? What do you mean by terrible?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MCXC Pioneer said:
Nobody wants to give me any tips? Y U no like me?

Don't use the sawed off if you actually want to get better at the game. Lancer/Gnasher.

Use lancer, it's the best weapon in the game. Getting rushed/wall bounced? Back up and lancer while strafing. Don't rush, don't push, don't do anything first. Always be cautious and wait for the enemy to fuck up.

Lancer, lancer, lancer.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Gamertag of bitching person: Kevin Meza

After getting 3 'skunks' in a row, he sends me this XBL voice message

"Man you and your team are a bunch of up tight faggots. You must not win very often at all"

This was the dude that was telling us that we're playing wrong and ARs = manginas

Reply:
"U mad about those losses, bro? Cry more :)"

i never send voice messages. text is always more fun

OH MAN 5 MORE MVPS AND I CAN BE SUPERSTAR COLE

Montresor said:
Is anyone else loving how the journal keeps track of executions?

I worked through the gnasher, chainsaw lancer, and retro lancer, and got all of their executions. Now I'm 50 kills away from getting the double-barrel execution and I'm just getting the hang of the hammerburst. It feels great working towards the 200 kills or, in the case of power weapons, 40 kills necessary for each execution.

I decided to cheese the digger and gorgon executions in campaign though, since I don't think I'll ever unlock those. Same with Hammer of Dawn and Oneshot. The others I think will be doable, and really fun to unlock.

Question, is there a reason to unlock the executions besides actually getting the cool animation for them? I already have the achievement for getting all the executions, but I got them in campaign.

Does it work towards a medal?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
dmg04 said:
Gamertag of bitching person: Kevin Meza

After getting 3 'skunks' in a row, he sends me this XBL voice message

"Man you and your team are a bunch of up tight faggots. You must not win very often at all"

This was the dude that was telling us that we're playing wrong and ARs = manginas

Reply:
"U mad about those losses, bro? Cry more :)"

i never send voice messages. text is always more fun

OH MAN 5 MORE MVPS AND I CAN BE SUPERSTAR COLE

Shoulda asked him how often he gets hot "lancer" spray all over his face, and how much does he enjoy it.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Alienshogun said:
Shoulda asked him how often he gets hot "lancer" spray all over his face, and how much does he enjoy it.
he did reply...
"I'm not mad, dipshit. You just play cheap"
i reply; "Adapt or die, not a 1 gun game anymore" [had to]
he just replied... lemme listen and reply with that lancer joke.

Grisby

MCXC Pioneer said:
Nobody wants to give me any tips? Y U no like me?

-Active reloads are deadly, try to get them as often as possible!
-Lancer is a beast from far away.
-Learn the power weapons spawn and abuse.
-Same with grenades, also tag the grenade spawn with a grenade. Easy kill.
-Don't be afraid to run if your in a area with 3 or more dudes. Go back to your team.

dmg04 said:
You playing with a team, or randoms? What do you mean by terrible?
Randoms. I just started realizing that the lone wolf approach is an easy way to get yourself killed quickly; now I usually follow a teammate and have been doing better. But still, I always seem to get dominated in CQC by both gnasher and SOS users. I don't know how to wall bounce and always get "gibbed" whenever I'm close to anyone. It's frustrating to say the least.

Grisby

MCXC Pioneer said:
Randoms. I just started realizing that the lone wolf approach is an easy way to get yourself killed quickly; now I usually follow a teammate and have been doing better. But still, I always seem to get dominated in CQC by both gnasher and SOS users. I don't know how to wall bounce and always get "gibbed" whenever I'm close to anyone. It's frustrating to say the least.

I don't know how to wall bounce either and I do ok.

Just stick with the lancer or something until you gradually get better with the shotguns.

feel

Game is amazing. I'm getting my ass kicked more often than not but oh well, occasionally I do well and that makes me happy enough. I'm constantly getting distracted by the visuals during matches which often leads to silly deaths, the game just looks so freaking good.

Grisby said:
-Active reloads are deadly, try to get them as often as possible!
-Lancer is a beast from far away.
-Learn the power weapons spawn and abuse.
-Same with grenades, also tag the grenade spawn with a grenade. Easy kill.
-Don't be afraid to run if your in a area with 3 or more dudes. Go back to your team.
Yeah at first I was using the retro lancer but it had too much recoil for me to handle so I've switched to the regular lancer. I've got the active reloading down but I'm still getting blown to pieces in every gnasher duel.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
dmg04 said:
he did reply...
"I'm not mad, dipshit. You just play cheap"
i reply; "Adapt or die, not a 1 gun game anymore" [had to]
he just replied... lemme listen and reply with that lancer joke.

Shit, even in Gears 2 lancer was super important.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
MCXC Pioneer said:
Gotta keep your distance, bro! Are you trying to 2 piece? Are you trying to do damage before getting within gib range?

give me some scenarios where you're dying

adversesolutions said:
Can someone let me know how to disarm grenades that are planted?
Shoot them or chuck a smoke grenade next to them.

You mean enemy nades, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom