• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

What's this about?
MDiI6Ul.gif

XTNDKTEBWA59
Nice, thanks.

crumbs

Finished Kazuha's story quest last night. I'd put it in the average/slightly above-average category for character story quests.

It's nice to get a free Kaz-themed sword, but of course the devs had to spec the sword so that it's mostly a option for high constellation DPS Kazuha :messenger_neutral: Which is funny since those C6 Kazuha owners probably have Freedom Sworn Sword as a better option.

Had they just re-skinned Iron Sting instead of the Flute, it would have been so much better, although lacking the ability to refine it is also a bummer.

Last edited:

Pejo

Finished Kazuha's story quest last night. I'd put it in the average/slightly above-average category for character story quests.

It's nice to get a free Kaz-themed sword, but of course the devs had to spec the sword so that it's mostly a option for high constellation DPS Kazuha :messenger_neutral: Which is funny since those C6 Kazuha owners probably have Freedom Sworn Sword as a better option.

Had they just re-skinned Iron Sting instead of the Flute, it would have been so much better, although the lacking the ability to refine it is also a bummer.
It's kinda funny, the more equipment/characters you get in the game, the less attractive ATK% substat weapons become. I honestly couldn't find a sword character that preferred the weapon even though I think aesthetically it's one of the best we have. I hope they eventually let us transmog/use weapon skins.

crumbs

It's kinda funny, the more equipment/characters you get in the game, the less attractive ATK% substat weapons become. I honestly couldn't find a sword character that preferred the weapon even though I think aesthetically it's one of the best we have. I hope they eventually let us transmog/use weapon skins.
Yes, it's definitely one of the nicer designs. Apparently only Albedo gets a free 4 star BIS weapon.

Being able to tweak the colors on weapons would be nice, but this game doesn't even have decent glider color options for all the character color themes, so I'm not sure how much the devs care.

Fuz

Banned
Anyone knows which music is the one in the big restaurant in Inazuma? And if there's a spincrystal of it?

Pejo

Anyone knows which music is the one in the big restaurant in Inazuma? And if there's a spincrystal of it?
I haven't heard/seen it yet for spincrystals, not sure what the name is.

Here's a list of all the currently available ones, if you click the name of the song it takes you to a page where you can preview it in the little video along the right side.

Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Gold Member
Another fucking pull wasted. Favonious spear was the only thing they gave in this 10 wishes waste. I start to think this banner is joking me.

BTW, rush as hell the Shogun quest just to make the Kazuha quest, the sword is decent, not OP but is a great substitute for the flute sword the Traveler is using.

...there's diona inside there.

Good point.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Man, Heizou's hangout could have been great, a real investigation! Yes but actually no, it's just a sequence of infodumps.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, Heizou's hangout could have been great, a real investigation! Yes but actually no, it's just a sequence of infodumps.
Apparently they think that when we say we want more character hangouts, they think we mean that we want to watch a character exposition dump with 200 lines of dialogue to a random NPC. They really strayed away from the better formula of making them about the Traveler hanging out with the character and getting to know stuff about their past/interests/personalities.

R Reizo Ryuu
First In-Game shot. Supposedly her official leaked name is Herrscher of Humanity

Not sure if it's an Ely in-joke with giving herself that title because of >>Ego<<, or if it's a whole new type of Herrscher.

FXyNpPsaAAAk0Qw

Last edited:
  • Empathy

Fuz

Banned
Dove-Cazzo-E-La-Terza-Torcia.jpg

Any idea where the third torch might be?

By the way, watch out for hidden chests in Kazuha's dream or whatever it is. There's one hidden behind a screen on a roof in the last garden (first "dream"). Not sure if I've missed others.

Edit:
NEVERFORGET.jpg

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Those assholes at mihoyo did it again. They released the archipelago map with incomplete pins.

Sons of a bitch.

Edit: they also put the white speed rings over white backgrounds, making them fundamentally invisible.
NZZ89.gif

Last edited:

Pejo

Dove-Cazzo-E-La-Terza-Torcia.jpg

Any idea where the third torch might be?
You have to swap out the islands. 2 of the torches are on a different 'structure'. I'm actually impressed at the quality of the puzzles on this island. You have to mix/match the island pieces just to open the ability to solve puzzles. Good shit.

R Reizo Ryuu
First In-Game shot. Supposedly her official leaked name is Herrscher of Humanity

Not sure if it's an Ely in-joke with giving herself that title because of >>Ego<<, or if it's a whole new type of Herrscher.

FXyNpPsaAAAk0Qw
Looks good, also I forgot about seven thunders, so now I'm going to have to try and get it...

Not too stoked about that banner schedule. I'm mostly just waiting for Kusanali, and I assume this is true for most players. Everyone wants some dendro on their account, and archons are always powerful/useful. I wonder how much delaying her will affect the earlier banners.

Kusanali and Scaramouche together is a dick move, toh.
Yeah, I guess so. It's gonna be a struggle for a lot of people to save up. They'd have to skip basically everything in Sumeru until 3.2. IDGAF about him so that's good for me. At this rate I might just get Eula since there doesn't seem much else to pull for. It's gonna depend on some of these new characters' kits though.

Fuz

Banned
I made the mistake of pulling for Yelan due to peer pressure and how you bastards are overhyping her (also her charged is reeeally good).

PORCODDIOOOOOOOO1.jpg

PORCODDIOOOOOOOO2.jpg

PORCODDIOOOOOOOO3.jpg

PORCODDIOOOOOOOO4.jpg

Need to farm artifacts now. I saved 137 fragile resin for this moment.

I vastly underestimated how many talent books are required to triple crown, holy shit, I had him prefarmed since 1 year, my diligence books were the most farmed ones and I completely ran out. Can't crown him until the next diligence domain.

Also had just got to 40M and planning to 50, dream ruined.
svej4.gif

Aaaand he's friendship 10 now.
Took more than one month, felt much less.

Pejo

Good video showing the Dendro reactions in relation to the little buds

So Burgeon can hurt the player, the rest do not. Ranged Pyro is a must with Dendro/Hydro, it seems. Bennett crutch users are in shambles. (realistically it probably does barely any damage to a level 90 character with level 20 artifacts, but a guy can dream).

• Triggered

Dregnel

Good video showing the Dendro reactions in relation to the little buds

So Burgeon can hurt the player, the rest do not. Ranged Pyro is a must with Dendro/Hydro, it seems. Bennett crutch users are in shambles. (realistically it probably does barely any damage to a level 90 character with level 20 artifacts, but a guy can dream).

at minute 27 the bloom hits tighnari without pyro.

Fake

Gold Member
I felling they gonna nerf Pyro+Dendro because they already do a devastating damage without putting three elements.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Went up to pull for heizou with 5000 primos, ended up with a C2 Kazuha and a C0 heizou so far.

I'll be pulling singles hoping for a C1 heizou at least and then save for new region, even though I hate the visual aesthetic of the characters revealed so far.

crumbs

Wacky artifact conspiracy theory: the devs mess with artifact drop rates depending on the limited character banner.

Pulled Heizou recently, but I don't have many VV artifacts after building Kazuha and Sucrose last year, so I've been farming that domain the last 3-4 days. Unfortunately, I've only pulled 2-3 VV artifacts versus 20+ Maiden Beloved artifacts (talking 5 star quality only). I've never had this lopsided a breakdown in artifacts before in this domain or any other domain for that matter.

That's when the paranoia sets in. Kazuha's on the limited banner, so maybe they reduced the drop rate on VV artifacts. No good artifacts = No big number swirl damage to brag about on reddit. This will lead wayward players to the darkest path: pulling on the weapon banner to get the BIS sword for Kaz to make up for their shit artifact setup.

This theory is airtight so don't bother trying to refute. Yes, I know that conspiracy theory is bunk and that I just have shitty luck, but you guys could at least humor me :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Pejo

Wacky artifact conspiracy theory: the devs mess with artifact drop rates depending on the limited character banner.

Pulled Heizou recently, but I don't have many VV artifacts after building Kazuha and Sucrose last year, so I've been farming that domain the last 3-4 days. Unfortunately, I've only pulled 2-3 VV artifacts versus 20+ Maiden Beloved artifacts (talking 5 star quality only). I've never had this lopsided a breakdown in artifacts before in this domain or any other domain for that matter.

That's when the paranoia sets in. Kazuha's on the limited banner, so maybe they reduced the drop rate on VV artifacts. No good artifacts = No big number swirl damage to brag about on reddit. This will lead wayward players to the darkest path: pulling on the weapon banner to get the BIS sword for Kaz to make up for their shit artifact setup.

This theory is airtight so don't bother trying to refute. Yes, I know that conspiracy theory is bunk and that I just have shitty luck, but you guys could at least humor me :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Always Sunny Reaction GIF
Jesse Pinkman Reaction GIF by Breaking Bad

What gets me is that I get nothing but DEF/HP substats on my attack sets, now I'm farming a DEF set of Husk artifacts and I'm getting nothing but ATK% and CDMG. I'm guessing they're paying one very angry short man to sit there and manually override the good stats for our artifacts.

Also I need a Healing % Millelith hat for Shinobu, let me tell you how well that's gone.

*edit*

This was actually pretty good:
y2pym4ih94c91.gif

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Wow, lots of people here wanted Heizou, huh? 4 stars truly are the bigger hurdle compared to 5 stars.

Anemo guys are big deal. And Heizou is the first melee catalyst, no?

I just gave up because I wasted like 7~8 pulls. No way gonna speedfarm just for him... better start to collect for Sumeru.

Been farming for a Crimson Witch feather, and I swear that's the only piece I'm not getting. MHY definitely checks your artifacts and characters and gives you shit you don't need.

So you either stay more time than you should in the game OR end up paying for them.

Its a win to them.

Last edited:
Anemo guys are big deal. And Heizou is the first melee catalyst, no?

I just gave up because I wasted like 7~8 pulls. No way gonna speedfarm just for him... better start to collect for Sumeru.
Heizou definitely has a cool and unique kit, but anemo characters are really only strong as supports. Heizou is more like an on-field DPS.

You'll get him eventually on a different banner.

Fake

Gold Member
Heizou definitely has a cool and unique kit, but anemo characters are really only strong as supports. Heizou is more like an on-field DPS.

You'll get him eventually on a different banner.

Is not like Anemo are uber powerful, is just that the anemo 4-set piece is just the best thing on the game for swirl, only behind maybe the crimson witch.

Unlike 4-set hydro or 4-set electro.

Yeah, and if I would guess when Sumeru banner launch they gonna probably give me Heizou.

Pejo

So what do you guys think of the Archipelago this year? I'm having a lot of fun with the domains, the story is better than the usual character stories lately, The new puzzle types have been good.

I am not a fan of the "switch the island to this and this and this" stuff though. It does add a layer of complexity to the puzzles, but it's an annoying one where you have to go back to the switch, wait for it to load, run back to where you were, etc. I think I'd be fine if GAA was permanent, but considering it's only hanging around for another 25~ days, it makes me want to rush finding all the chests and makes it an annoying "checklist" type thing. So far I haven't used any guides/maps, so we'll see how it goes after all the islands are open. I also think it's a bummer that they have these potentially good "move the gramophone to point towards the right direction" puzzles, but they only let you move like 2 out of the 7 in the chain. Like they thought it'd be too much for the general playerbase if they put all/most of them facing the wrong direction and make us figure out how to bounce the notes between them.

Is the tanuki quest supposed to be incompletable until later? I didn't look it up yet, but I assume so given that they randomly shout out things while you drive past different islands on the boat.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
So what do you guys think of the Archipelago this year? I'm having a lot of fun with the domains, the story is better than the usual character stories lately, The new puzzle types have been good.

It's cool, I'm liking the Kazua quest so far.

But fischl...my brain melts everytime she talks.

Fuz

Banned

I like Fischl, she's verbose, and those fucking bastards at mihoyo don't let us speed up the text with new events, but I find her fun. And the game (and the other characters and even herself) don't make a mistery that she's delusional and downright crazy. Much better that the overworked perftect waifu for weebs who never met a real woman in their life.

I am not a fan of the "switch the island to this and this and this" stuff though. It does add a layer of complexity to the puzzles, but it's an annoying one where you have to go back to the switch, wait for it to load, run back to where you were, etc. I think I'd be fine if GAA was permanent, but considering it's only hanging around for another 25~ days, it makes me want to rush finding all the chests and makes it an annoying "checklist" type thing. So far I haven't used any guides/maps, so we'll see how it goes after all the islands are open. I also think it's a bummer that they have these potentially good "move the gramophone to point towards the right direction" puzzles, but they only let you move like 2 out of the 7 in the chain. Like they thought it'd be too much for the general playerbase if they put all/most of them facing the wrong direction and make us figure out how to bounce the notes between them.

Is the tanuki quest supposed to be incompletable until later? I didn't look it up yet, but I assume so given that they randomly shout out things while you drive past different islands on the boat.
Yeah same. The switching mechanism is really cool, but too cumbersome. And it's hard to keep up of what you found and what you didn't EVEN with the map, since layouts don't overlap and it shows marked stuff as unmarked when you switch.
I think you can't finish the tanuki quest until all islands and dreams are completed.

Last edited:

crumbs

Mixed feelings so far. I agree with you: the character stories, domains, and puzzles have been better than expected. Unfortunately, the directional puzzles in domains (colored lights in Kaz's domain, gramophones in Xinyan's) seem unnecessarily easier than the elemental harpastum puzzles from last year.

I have two main issues with the event so far:

1. The mechanic of changing the islands is interesting at first, but gets old quickly. It feels like a way to stretch limited content out by having you re-explore islands that you already explored to find the slight changes that could lead to loot. By the 9th combo on Kazuha's island, I was ready to be done. Xinyan's islands have a similar mechanic, but it doesn't appear that you need to spend as much time re-exploring.

2. They time-gated exploring the islands by removing almost all the content (some conch shells are available right away) from an island until the story event progresses to it. I learned this quickly and stopped myself from exploring since I knew I would need to wait for content. This would suck for new players that hadn't experienced the GAA last year since they would want to explore right away (at least I would), but there isn't anything on most of the islands when the event started.

It does appear that the tanuki quest cannot be completed yet. Re-enabling the quest triggers some text about waiting until the issues on the islands are settled or something to that effect.

Fake

Gold Member
Will depends. Normally any skill drop works with Kazuha, like using burst with Rosaria. Can't say for Heizou, maybe Xingu, Yelan or Kaeya?

Pejo

I get it, a lot of people have been saying that since her first event. I find her dialogue a bit less of an issue this time, not sure the reason. Maybe it's that the game's become so verbose normally, her lines don't feel longer than the rest.

I like Fischl, she's verbose, and those fucking bastards at mihoyo don't let us speed up the text with new events, but I find her fun. And the game (and the other characters and even herself) don't make a mistery that she's delusional and downright crazy. Much better that the overworked perftect waifu for weebs who never met a real woman in their life.
Agreed, we need more personality types, and the moments where she breaks character are fantastic.
Yeah same. The switching mechanism is really cool, but too cumbersome. And it's hard to keep up of what you found and what you didn't EVEN with the map, since layouts don't overlap and it shows marked stuff as unmarked when you switch.
I think you can't finish the tanuki quest until all islands and dreams are completed.
I get why they needed to make the "switch" areas away from the actual maps, so that they could load in the resources without affecting character position, but boy is it annoying to have to run back to where you were. I wish they didn't make the temporary waypoints 1 time use so I could just plop those down.

1. The mechanic of changing the islands is interesting at first, but gets old quickly. It feels like a way to stretch limited content out by having you re-explore islands that you already explored to find the slight changes that could lead to loot. By the 9th combo on Kazuha's island, I was ready to be done. Xinyan's islands have a similar mechanic, but it doesn't appear that you need to spend as much time re-exploring.
Yea, it just feels very cumbersome to work with. The islands aren't big enough that it's too much of a hassle, but like yesterday, it took me a good 4 hours to complete the story domain, clear both versions of the islands, and then get all of the chests in the revisited story domain. I do appreciate that they have a tracking mechanism for the limited time story event domains, so you know when you've gotten everything. Some of those chests were tough to get too.
2. They time-gated exploring the islands by removing almost all the content (some conch shells are available right away) from an island until the story event progresses to it. I learned this quickly and stopped myself from exploring since I knew I would need to wait for content. This would suck for new players that hadn't experienced the GAA last year since they would want to explore right away (at least I would), but there isn't anything on most of the islands when the event started.
Name a more iconic duo than MHY and time-gating.
Guys, is there any feasible team that plays both Kazuha and Heizou together?
You'd have to go heavy on EM/Anemo damage and then you'd probably want electro/Hydro in the same team since Electro-charged works well with Swirl. Generally, other than for stamina/exploration benefits, I never ever use 2 Anemo in the same party.

That said, as long as it's not the last few floors of the abyss, who cares if you're running sub-optimal teams. I do it all the time. Do what you find fun.

Here's a pretty good Shinobu cosplay:
0rnlraxp79c91.jpg

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
You'd have to go heavy on EM/Anemo damage and then you'd probably want electro/Hydro in the same team since Electro-charged works well with Swirl. Generally, other than for stamina/exploration benefits, I never ever use 2 Anemo in the same party.

Hmm sounds doable, and to be honest I don't even play abyss that much.

I've been running Raiden, Yelan, Bennet and Zhongli for quite a while. Hell, Zhongli is a must on my teams ever since he dropped.

So I'll probably end up trying something like Kazuha, Heizou, Bennet and Zhongli for the fun.

Top Bottom