• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Yotei Announced (Ghost of Tsushima Sequel)

Aenima

I can assure you that I'm not an SJW by any measure, and even I think this anti-woke wave is dumb as fuck.
Im anti-woke as much as i can be, more like anti-shoving political idiologies down my throat where they dont belong, but the problem is ppl calling woke to everething. Just like ppl calling sexist/racist/phobe, etc to everthing as well. All these words lost they meaning.
Having a female protagonist dosent make anything woke.

Last edited:

Larivel

Ghost of Tsushima female characters were all really well written, also Jin's story was, in my opinion, concluded perfectly, so I don't know why I see bitching about new female protagonist...

New time period, location and protagonist sounds pretty fckin exciting ngl.

Last edited:

FewRope

Ghost of Tsushima female characters were all really well written, also Jin's story was, in my opinion, concluded perfectly, so I don't know why I see bitching about new female protagonist...

Getting Jin to leave the island he sacrificed everything for would be pretty cheap, maybe he will appear in the game but him becoming this legend on Tsushima is the perfect ending for his character actually

Getting Jin to leave the island he sacrificed everything for would be pretty cheap, maybe he will appear in the game but him becoming this legend on Tsushima is the perfect ending for his character actually

After the last combat in Tsushima there's no more drama left for Jin. Whatever came next wouldn't be as satisfying or dramatic, so they made the right call by switching characters. And I understand a woman is the best way to differentiate from the previous one, if everything else is so similar. I just hope her moveset is different too.

Im anti-woke as much as i can be, more like anti-shoving political idiologies down my throat where they dont belong, but the problem is ppl calling woke to everething. Just like ppl calling sexist/racist/phobe, etc to everthing as well. All these words lost they meaning.
Having a female protagonist dosent make anything woke.
They're playing you for a fool if you think a female protagonist played by a bi-/asexual they/them kicking dude's asses is about anything else than pushing a political agenda down your throat.

Last edited:

FewRope

After the last combat in Tsushima there's no more drama left for Jin. Whatever came next wouldn't be as satisfying or dramatic, so they made the right call by switching characters. And I understand a woman is the best way to differentiate from the previous one, if everything else is so similar. I just hope her moveset is different too.
I assume she is going to be some kind of wanderer ronin, with the instrument and all, so yeah, the style of combat maybe a lot more "dirty" than straight up samurai

Aenima

They're playing you for a fool if you think a female protagonist played by a bi-/asexual they/them kicking dude's asses is about anything else than pushing a political agenda down your throat.
We will see if that bleeds into the game story or not. I dont give a shit what the VA indentifies with. Her ingame character looks great. As far as im concerned, so far so good.

Life Diff

Say what you want about Sony's studios taking their time cooking their AAA games..but when they are revealed they look one step above most games out there.

looks like a bag of shite

welcome origin GIF

I'm sure we'll have endless threads about the actress in the game, right?

mqj9hp4m0vqd1.png
Great, another literally insane person who hates most normal people and assaults people and is all around mentally ill has a prominent role at Sony.

"No its a coincidence, no she must have changed, no surely it won't effect the game, no the developers don't mean anything by making this thing the lead...!"

Insert your own cope above. How many times must this exact same pattern play out? Easiest skip of my life.

Last edited:
Even if I hadn't watched Blue Eyed Samurai, it was so obvious she was a woman. I mean, she's too slim for a guy. I didn't take that as a "reveal" at all.
If they can make it a revenge story like kill bill or blue eye samurai, I'll literally buy it day one.

Hopefully it has the same..... Tact? As those two.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now since tsushima was great.

dDoc

The VA for the protagonist, Erika IIshii, identifies as queer, bisexual and also pansexual. Small red flag, but it is there. So for those worried about woke BS being in the game, it is a valid concern.

I just hope Sucker Punch do not go the Insomniac route. All games having SBI or similar agency's work in them are an easy skip for me.

midnightAI

So, what about CoD:MW3? Dragon Age: Veilguard? FF VII: Rebirth? Destiny 2? Halo Infinite? Deathloop? Psychnaughts 2? (The list goes on)

Last edited:

midnightAI

The VA for the protagonist, Erika IIshii, identifies as queer, bisexual and also pansexual. Small red flag, but it is there. So for those worried about woke BS being in the game, it is a valid concern.

I just hope Sucker Punch do not go the Insomniac route. All games having SBI or similar agency's work in them are an easy skip for me.
Ugh, it really isn't...

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Sony finalizing the kibosh on normal, everyday male leads

At least we can all agree that AstroBot is most likely gender fluid as well right guys?

Needlecrash

I agree. The women characters in Ghost of Tsushima were fucking great. Even surprised me when one of them pretended to be a damsel in distress that turned into an assassin that you had to deal with. If Ghosts of Yotei is done the same way as Tsushima, then I am honestly not worried. I mean fucking hell, two of Sucker Punch's staff are official ambassadors to Tsushima Island and the game has helped with the tourism too. Sucker Punch has thoroughly conducted their research and it SHOWS. Plus, we get to go to Hokkaido!

Considering there are flintlock rifles in the game, I wonder if we'll come across a faction of the Saiga group.

Last edited:
what are the chances she has an actual male romance/love interest?
next to none. I hope I am wrong, but it doesn't exist in the woke mind. We may be having a backlash now, but remember these games were started in 2019/2020, back then the mind virus was flourishing. It was refreshing going to see Beetlejuice the other week and their was actually a male female love relationship. Its sad that it is no longer the norm in games or hollywood. There is room for both, the problem is they don't know when that line has been crossed.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
These guys are fake fans. They are more interested in the politics than the story/lore/gameplay/music/setting of the game. They are already writing the game off as a stain when it's not even out. Gaming discussion is pretty much dead here.
I think people would talk more about the game if they showed some of it. We know there's dual blades and a kusarigama and a rifle. That's it. Rifle will be similar to the bow. They didn't really present a new gameplay hook yet. All that it shows is the character reveal, a wolf, and the mountain / snow. But yeah, some people definitely go overboard focusing on the DEI stuff.

Wait till they see Uncharted with Nathan Drake's transgender daughter.

I loved Jin, but this is 300 years later. He's dead.
Don't do that to me. I would rather Uncharted stay dead then to play it without Nathan or at least his female equivalent Chloe Frazer.

They are probably going to do it where he teaches his daughter the ropes and she finds his books and goes off on a grand adventure and dad has to come to rescue, now in old age, which if done right wouldn't be bad. Problem is i don't expect woke writers to do this correctly. They will inject politics and divisive shit into it for no other reason then to piss people off. Or they will kill off Nathan and celebrate.

As far as Ghosts, yeah 300 years, dude's way dead.

We are never getting male characters again, are we?

Last edited:
All the people complaining that Sony should also do straight white male, well, the other prominent game revealed so far, by playstation, stars Norman Reedus in the lead role, who is a straight white male, the last I checked.

I refuse to believe that all the people complaining are anti-woke, feels like a psych op by woke in order to make anti-woke crowd seem ridiculous

Bojji

StueyDuck

Jesus tap dancing Christ some of you are fucking retarded. Loved the first game and can’t wait to play this one. Who fucking cares if it’s a female character, grow the fuck up.
honestly this response is just as retarded a response as the people you are making fun of.

someone thinks differently to you, "grow the fuck up".

I also don't think the actors views will shape the game but I'm not gonna blame people for seeing patterns and trying to connect dots, at the end of the day this is a product, they want us to buy it. People can justify why they do or don't wanna buy it, that isn't illegal.

StueyDuck

Great, another literally insane person who hates most normal people and assaults people and is all around mentally ill has a prominent role at Sony.

"No its a coincidence, no she must have changed, no surely it won't effect the game, no the developers don't mean anything by making this thing the lead...!"

Insert your own cope above. How many times must this exact same pattern play out? Easiest skip of my life.
I would say, defends herself from assaults. Let's not legitimate sexual assaults even if done against a trans.
neither of you guys should believe that story as something that actually happened.

it's twitter (X), nothing on that platform is real.

Can’t wait for the people to post how a female is not realistic with 10 pages of history accurate proof.

Marine Life Reaction GIF by pikaole
90%+ of the people that play games like this are dudes. Most dudes like playing as dudes. Unless it's a stellar blade situation with a hot android. That's just the way it is. This will undoubtedly hurt sales, and honestly I loved the first game, and got the plat trophy, but as soon as I saw a femc for the sequel I was out.

I don't need historically accurate proof. I don't want to play as a female character, simple as.

You already know hot springs(Sony only allows man ass) will be removed or off screened. She will probably be a lesbian or hinted as one, and it'll be given higher review scores by "critics" because of it.

Bookmark this post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom