• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Yotei Announced (Ghost of Tsushima Sequel)

KaiserBecks

Doesn’t look like a considerable upgrade in terms of graphics. I hope they’re using the additional hardware to create a more detailed / complex world. In Tsushima, they had the excuse that the Mongols destroyed everything. But this one takes place in Hokkaido, I expect larger, more vibrant towns akin to other open world games.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
She looks like she could kick most of our asses, let's be honest here.
Sx3Qygj.gif

Here's a couple more cinematic gifs

aJuaPiN.gif

HVuyaxM.gif
Game looks infinitely better made than AC: Shadows, that's for sure.

Boss Mog

Some of you are so fucking soft. You hate "snowflake" culture but absolutely ree at playing as a woman.

Angry Dog GIF
I played female V in CP2077 and I was even given the choice to play as a man in that game, so it has nothing to do with playing a woman. But if you're making a realistic historical game, you have a duty to represent it as it was then and not as you wished it would've been based on your current world ideology. To do otherwise is a clear attempt to rewrite history which for me is one of the pillars of wokness, it's one of the ideology's goals. This is on the same level as having a one-armed woman serving in the british army during WW2 for me.

Embearded

You're right, female ronins were super common in Japan in the 1600s, they went around fighting hordes of men at once, easily trouncing them. Absolutely nothing woke about it...

I am sorry, did they claim historical accuracy? Are they using real historical figures in the game and change their stories?

Also, i am 100% sure no woman ever touched a sword in feudal japan.
They just made tea, maki rolls and blew their lords.

PeteBull

Nopes, she makes mean face but even for avg guy so 5'8 and 200lbs (took american data, u guys got fat af ppl, not all, but so fricken many :p ) she loses out on height/weight/range not to mention as a woman she has weaker bones/joints/muscles/ lower lung capacity/worse reflexes etc.
TLDR: She would still lose in a brawl vs majorirty of guys, including all avg joes, not to mention vs a guy who even has moderate amount of gym experience or has above avg height/strenght =D

Mister Wolf

Gold Member

Didn't we have a thread not long ago from Sega about how developers need to re-use assets. I'm not saying this is a Spider-man 1.5 or GOW thing, at least I hope not. My trust in Sony and gaming is pretty low right now. The game looks beautiful and it looks like it may be re-using assets. Lets just hope it's a full experience and not another Miles or rush job.

There are 2 types of gamers in the world, those who experienced ass kicking Lara Croft in all her glory and managed to accept the heroine as she was. Then there are those in the west who didn't experience Lara croft pre reboot.

Speak for yourself Ozzie. She can kick your ass. That's it.

Boss Mog

smh

I mean, this game isn't about what is "super common" its fake, fictional, its about a fantastical action game. What you are saying about fighting hordes of men at once is unrealistic for anyone, MAN OR WOMAN, using this logic Ghost Of Tsushima 1 is "woke" to pander to men.

Or....or, hear me out, this is happening cause this is a fictional game and its world supports this concept, as Jin fights an old woman in the first game, old man in the first game, massive Mongols many times his size, has a flaming sword (i mean literally BOSS DAMN) , none of that sparks me as some thing to pander to man, it merely means its in a fantastical world where those elements fit.

Thats how I see this for man or woman.

So when you see her fighting dudes many times her size and waving a sword on fire, relax with "woke" claim

That wasn't what you were saying about Ghost Of Tsushima 1
You clearly have no concept of what samurai are. Skilled samurais fought in many battles, including ones where they were at a numerical disadvantage, and killed hundreds of opponents. Katanas are very heavy, they would be hard to wield for a woman, harder yet to master, especially to a point where you could dispatch several opponents at once. If you can't recognize the physical strength and other advantages men have over women, then there's really no point in engaging with you, so just stick with giving me LOL reactions, it's what you do best.

Last edited:

Aion002

Gold Member
I guess I just find it weird that people prefer playing as a female character in a game because they dislike looking at male character's arses. I mean it's not like they're wearing bikinis or sexy flanders outfits or something.

I mean, what's there to look at here? I can't say I've ever played a third person game and looked at the character's arse and though, 'eww I wish I could play as a woman'

xySHbGj.jpeg
u6IGUu6.jpeg
eGyps04.jpeg
PpCnWP6.jpeg

Cool. You don't find weird people that complain about having a female only playable character, but you find weird if a dude says her prefers to play with a female character and you don't see the allure of the female body on video games.

Man, these Twitter posts from this nasty fucking lead actress where she claims to bite guys' fingers and stuff for hitting on her. She's an obvious liar, but she's lying about psychotic shit - like how crazy do you have to be to think these lies make you look good?

And then Sony makes her the lead in their Ghost of Tshushima sequel lol - do you realise how insane the people working at these studios have to be?

Boss Mog

I am sorry, did they claim historical accuracy? Are they using real historical figures in the game and change their stories?

Also, i am 100% sure no woman ever touched a sword in feudal japan.
They just made tea, maki rolls and blew their lords.
They need to claim historical accuracy? So if you set a realistic game in 1603 Japan you shouldn't expect to see 1603 Japan portrayed accurately? :pie_eyeroll:

1603 is a very historical year in Japan, it marks the end of feudalism and the start of the Tokugawa shogunate. I can't imagine the devs picking that year by chance, so they clearly care about historical accuracy otherwise what's the point of using real dates and events? Or I guess maybe only when certain current ideologies are at stake does historical accuracy take a back seat.

Last edited:

PeteBull

Man, these Twitter posts from this nasty fucking lead actress where she claims to bite guys' fingers and stuff for hitting on her. She's an obvious liar, but she's lying about psychotic shit - like how crazy do you have to be to think these lies make you look good?

And then Sony makes her the lead in their Ghost of Tshushima sequel lol - do you realise how insane the people working at these studios have to be?
Modern women, bro, sane and logical ones nowadays are rare exceptions that confirm the rule, it got so much worse in last 10-15 years with social media and constant attention it gives even to avg looking women that they all gonna end up like britney spears, aka full batshit crazy.
At least britney was talented back in her youth and made some fk u money thx to that :)

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
You clearly have no concept of what samurai are. Skilled samurais fought in many battles, including ones where they were at a numerical disadvantage, and killed hundreds of opponents. Katanas are very heavy, they would be hard to wield for a woman, harder yet to master, especially to a point where you could dispatch several opponents at once. If you can't recognize the physical strength and other advantages men have over women, then there's really no point in engaging with you, so just stick with giving me LOL reactions, it's what you do best.

The thing you are claiming is still as fake in Ghost Of Tsushima 1 as in this game bud

This universe has never gave and indication that its like a 1.1 representation of reality. Its why you have no answer to those flaming swords or any of the wild shit that happens in that game and you are looking to go OT to personal attack cause you are getting triggered by laughing emoji's as if that shit is going ot make those flaming swords disappear from the first game to help you fake point...

Being a game graphically that is looking towards realism is different then the actual effort to create a game around those concepts. Thats like saying Kill Bill is in live action, thus "rEalIumz", the fucking game is SET in that time, it is not a 1.1 claim of all things around that time like gameplay being ONLY limited to some shit that happened during those times. That is a wild claim you are making no one at Sucker Punch made bud.

maxresdefault.jpg
the_undying_flame_mount_jogaku_15.jpg
sddefault.jpg

I mean, someone can put fire on a sword, its not like it has a whole fantasy demon realm or anything......

0x0.jpg
ghost-of-tsushima-legends-iyo-raid-boss.jpg

So you are the one making this claim about some "historical" thing , that was never regarding the gameplay, that was merely regarding the Mongol Invasion, they never made some claim that demons are real and folks was putting swords on fire during those days or some shit lol

Last edited:

brenobnfm

I agree with you but also the why you articulated this point about women realising their fantasies as game devs is what all game devs have been doing since there has been characters in games.

Yeah but at least choose the right game, Ghost of Tsushima is fiction but it's still about humans without superpowers, it will be very hard to take it seriously.

Modern women, bro, sane and logical ones nowadays are rare exceptions that confirm the rule, it got so much worse in last 10-15 years with social media and constant attention it gives even to avg looking women that they all gonna end up like britney spears, aka full batshit crazy.
At least britney was talented back in her youth and made some fk u money thx to that :)
Sure, nasty women are a dime a dozen - but my point is why would you want her anywhere near your multi-million dollar video game? She's a lunatic.

T-0800

It's actually logical if you think about it.

Concord was 10x more fantastical and wasn't based on narrative. I just ran around a map with a floating gun on the right side of my screen trying to shoot opponents. It was also based on ranged weapons.

Ghost of Yeti is narrative focused and presents a far more grounded world. You're going to go into an establishment wearing your mask and heavy suit. You're going to listen to sexist men say and do bad stuff because they don't know you're woman. Then you're going to kung fu them with your muscle and superior reflexes as a 110lb female. Gag.

Again, would you be OK with a 13 year old boy as the protagonist instead? It's just as (un)believable.
You should stop bringing up 13 year old boys.

Stop It Neil Patrick Harris GIF

PeteBull

Sure, nasty women are a dime a dozen - but my point is why would you want her anywhere near your multi-million dollar video game? She's a lunatic.
Brownie points at woke community/reviews kotaku, pc gamer and the rest of clown world.
The real question is tho- will she be given authority like the professor while developing concord or will there be some1 sane keeping her in check, aka stfu stupid biatch and do ur job, nothing more and nothing less =D

Reaseru

Well, I going to play this game only with the Japanese VO, so probably no Erika for me, aside of course the character likeness ( even that doesn't look to much like the person)

I highly doubt the pan-trans-multi-tasking voice "actress" will do the japanese dub, if we the original into account. Daisuke Tsuji, the face of Jin, only voiced the english VO of the original. The japanese voiceover (the one I played) belong to Kazuya Nakai.

In stark contrast, I thought Jin was pretty boring as the lead, so I’m happy they have chosen a new protagonist.
He was boring because he wasn't allowed to act like an actual man. I guess the only solution for that is to swap it out for someone who will be allowed to act like one. Modern PlayStation is seeing actual men get neutered while women like this one get to act all tough.

Boss Mog

The thing you are claiming is still as fake in Ghost Of Tsushima 1 as in this game bud

This universe has never gave and indication that its like a 1.1 representation of reality. Its why you have no answer to those flaming swords or any of the wild shit that happens in that game and you are looking to go OT to personal attack cause you are getting triggered by laughing emoji's as if that shit is going ot make those flaming swords disappear from the first game to help you fake point...

Being a game graphically that is looking towards realism is different then the actual effort to create a game around those concepts. Thats like saying Kill Bill is in live action, thus "rEalIumz", the fucking game is SET in that time, it is not a 1.1 claim of all things around that time like gameplay being ONLY limited to some shit that happened during those times. That is a wild claim you are making no one at Sucker Punch made bud.

maxresdefault.jpg
the_undying_flame_mount_jogaku_15.jpg
sddefault.jpg

I mean, someone can put fire on a sword, its not like it has a whole fantasy demon realm or anything......

0x0.jpg
ghost-of-tsushima-legends-iyo-raid-boss.jpg

So you are the one making this claim about some "historical" thing , that was never regarding the gameplay, that was merely regarding the Mongol Invasion, they never made some claim that demons are real and folks was putting swords on fire during those days or some shit lol
I'm not triggered by your LOL reactions, I'm telling you , you should just do that because coming up with actual valid arguments is not your forte. I mean you don't respond to my claims because you have no arguments so instead you go fishing for more stuff to throw at me.

The fire on the sword is not some magical power. It's imbued with oil and ignited. I'm not saying it was a technique that was used back then by samurai; but it's at least plausible. it's something that can be replicated:

The demons were in the multiplayer add-on, so clearly a bad-faith argument on your part. But I will say that I disliked the fact that they used supernatural demons and such for the multiplayer.

Astray

It's almost as if auditing the entire social life of a person you're hiring on an hourly basis for a specific project is pointless.

Actors are generally crazy, especially the successful ones.

EDMIX

The fire on the sword is not some magical power
wow boss, you are more predictable then I thought, maybe this stuff has you waaay more triggered then I thought.

So if you set a realistic game in 1603 Japan you shouldn't expect to see 1603 Japan portrayed accurately?
^ When the fuck did Japan have flaming swords during this time frame?
The demons were in the multiplayer add-on
You have dream sequences within Ghost Of Tsushima, not just in the MP world bud, the fact that the MP is even that and NOT some fucking recreation of some battle clearly shows you their aim was NEVER some 1.1 realism shit bud

Holy shit man, imagine trying this fucking hard to act as if any level of realism was expected in this gameplay lol

Look at this "historical factual" event here where he is in dream sequence fighting Tengu Demon lol

Last edited:
It's almost as if auditing the entire social life of a person you're hiring on an hourly basis for a specific project is pointless.

Actors are generally crazy, especially the successful ones.
Don't be ridiculous - they absolutely do check people's online presence at this level - they probably checked it and liked it. I see she's also the female main character in Dragon Age. Like hires like.

Skifi28

You're right, female ronins were super common in Japan in the 1600s, they went around fighting hordes of men at once, easily trouncing them. Absolutely nothing woke about it...
Contrary to male ronin that would routinely kill 50 mongols at once. I can't argue with facts.

Astray

Don't be ridiculous - they absolutely do check people's online presence at this level - they probably checked it and liked it. I see she's also the female main character in Dragon Age. Like hires like.
This simply doesn't jive in a world where known sex-offender directors are still working with well-known actors just fine, said well-known actors even petitioned for pardons.

Finding talent is already hard enough without hiring a private detective service to stalk your candidates.

Why do you guys need to be so extremist? GAF have something in common with Era: both have full of extremist users, they are just in opposite sides.

I think people really lose the ability to think for themselves, everyone today just want to pick a side. lol
The reduction of culture into woke and anti-woke has been one of the dumbest things about this era.

EDMIX

Why do you guys need to be so extremist? GAF have something in common with Era: both have full of extremist users, they are just in opposite sides.

I think people really lose the ability to think for themselves, everyone today just want to pick a side. lol
Pretty much.

Be like "ok, its better then AC Shadows...I think, ok....no, wait, what do you think, a FEMALE? I mean......y...no, what does Twitter and angary face Youtube Thumbnails think" lol

Its sad and funny at the same time.

GymWolf

Gold Member
wow, nahhh i greatly disagree, when that game was first revealed, it looked so good, we fucking thought it was a PS5 reveal title lol

At its release, it was 100% a thing people talked about as I'd argue The Last Of Us 2 and Ghost Of Tsushima where massive games regarding graphic

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-2018-ghost-of-tsushima-gameplay-debut-tech-analysis

You can read folks impression on that game online

"Looking at its stunning opening vista shot, you'd be forgiven for thinking this is running on future Sony hardware - a prototype PlayStation 5, perhaps. At first glance, the environment animation, particle effects and lighting look a generation ahead"

If you didn't think that, that is ok, but I'm simply pointing out that majority didn't see this as some ugly game or dated looking or anything like that.

Thats fine, but this also seems like they are also using that exact engine too, like....exact. It doesn't look bad, but it also doesn't look new, I almost thought it was DLC or something and was even waiting for it to say PS4/PS5 and felt @SlimySnake was going to be all over em lol

Either way, this doesn't look like its pushing those boundaries like the first and that might be why we are even seeing it THIS early, its likely cause they opted to use the exact same engine to speed up dev time.

Me neither but....prepare yourself for the usual suspects to attack this game to death with measuring her chin.

Doesn't help that its following Concord or made by Sony, they'll just use that as ammo to attack the game regardless. This is a work of fiction, but you'll see many argue against this character acting as if they are doing it in the name of um "accuracy"
The first 2 trailers (especially the reveal) got heavily downgraded, the final game never looked as good, the texture work was probably the weakest out of all sony open world games, the strong art design and the wind tech did most of the heavy lifting.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

I played female V in CP2077 and I was even given the choice to play as a man in that game, so it has nothing to do with playing a woman. But if you're making a realistic historical game, you have a duty to represent it as it was then and not as you wished it would've been based on your current world ideology. To do otherwise is a clear attempt to rewrite history which for me is one of the pillars of wokness, it's one of the ideology's goals. This is on the same level as having a one-armed woman serving in the british army during WW2 for me.
There literally were female samurai though.

1-p3znf4ksp6dvv7lj7gqlq.png

Anti-Woke is really starting to get pathetic and paranoid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom