• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Yotei Announced (Ghost of Tsushima Sequel)

strike670

Neo Member
I It's all part of identity politics. And while it's fine to blame everyone who engages with that, you have to remember it wasn't the game enthusiast who brought that into the hobby and the industry. It was the ideologues and the progressives who let them get away with it. Now we're all stuck with this insufferable shit.
I just think some of this stuff is being blown way out of proportion because of a select few on social media who profit handsomely by stirring up controversy.

I just think some of this stuff is being blown way out of proportion because of a select few on social media who profit handsomely by stirring up controversy.
Yes. And unfortunately a select few morons can have a huge impact on the world sometimes.

I personally don't care much for the Ghost of- franchise so I have no horse in this race. I'd just take a wait and see approach. However, I also can't fault people for expecting fire when they see some potential smoke. Wouldn't be the first time.

nikolino840

Very rare and there were no where near the same number as their male counterparts, but there were women warriors in Japan.

There's even a book about the subject if you're interested.

9781846039515.webp
Sure..there was also women in ww1/ww2 (battlefield cough cough) and yasuke was a real human being so what?

Last edited:

strike670

Neo Member
Yes. And unfortunately a select few morons can have a huge impact on the world sometimes.

I personally don't care much for the Ghost of- franchise so I have no horse in this race. I'd just take a wait and see approach. However, I also can't fault people for expecting fire when they see some potential smoke. Wouldn't be the first time.
Yeah, I mean I have no issue with LGBTQ or anything like that being in games or film. My issue is when it's forced and comes across as corny and out of place. Kinda like that scene in Avengers: Endgame near the end where the ladies had their little moment. It was very corny and out of place and completely unnecessary. If people enjoyed it that's fine, I just usually move on if something bothers me or feels fake. I don't go online whining or starting a petition. That is silly to me. I got bigger things to be concerned with in my life.

JayK47

Speaking of video games and works of fiction, I wish I could play a dog samurai. Women have been done to death lately. But dogs? We need more dogs.

They should probably reel this unhinged
cunt in before she kills their game before its even out 😆😆😆

This is actually killing the little excitement I had for the game when it unveiled. I know she has fuck all to do with the story of the game, but goddamn is she one annoying idiot. Put a damn muzzle on, nobody is “fucking with you “ anywhere you weak ass, stop trying to pick fights wherever you go( the fucking arcades gimme a break 😂) What are you trying to prove?

Last edited:

yogaflame

There is no question about the pedigree and capability of sucker punch after what I saw with OG Sly and GOT. But I hope Sony learned allot after the failed Concord and also from Ubisoft situation, along with allot of flop games and movies to stop forcing and pushing for narrative of twisted woke agenda. Get rid of Sweet baby inc or other consulting firms with same principle and agenda.

I'll be playing the game entirely in Japanese and I don't think she'll be the Japanese voice actress so I don't care about the actress really.

I don't think the voice actress has any say in the story or what kind of game we will be getting. I think people need to chill with the whole "woke/DEI" thing.

I'll be playing the game entirely in Japanese and I don't think she'll be the Japanese voice actress so I don't care about the actress really.

I don't think the voice actress has any say in the story or what kind of game we will be getting. I think people need to chill with the whole "woke/DEI" thing.
She may not, but she was chosen by the studio and the Senior Staff game Designer at Suckepunch (who I imagine does have a say in those things) has a few warning signs, e.g. pronouns in bio, sharing pro child trans posts on Twitter, etc. so it wouldn't be very surprising to see it make it's way into the game unfortunately.

Last edited:
She may not, but she was chosen by the studio and the Senior Staff game Designer at Suckepunch (who I imagine does have a say in those things) has a few warning signs, e.g. pronouns in bio, sharing pro child trans posts on Twitter, etc. so it wouldn't be very surprising to see it make it's way into the game unfortunately.
After the way Concord flopped I don't think Sony will be leaning too hard into anything woke anytime soon. The backlash that Ubisoft is getting with AC Shadow must be also weighing on their minds a bit. I think the era of overly woke Sony studios doing anything they like is over for now.

After the way Concord flopped I don't think Sony will be leaning too hard into anything woke anytime soon. The backlash that Ubisoft is getting with AC Shadow must be also weighing on their minds a bit. I think the era of overly woke Sony studios doing anything they like is over for now.
I'd hope so. But projects like this and companies like Sony are big ships that can take some time to turn from when the decision is made. Fingers crossed!

The issue with trying to suddenly turn a ship around that late is that Yotei has been in development since Tsushima shipped in 2020, it's nearly done and scheduled for a 2025 release already. If there's a ton of wokeshit (and I'm not saying there is!), then there is no way they could panic remove it all now and still be shipping next year. Game development cycles are now so long that you're basically fucked if a culture shift suddenly happens 4 years into your 5 year development cycle, that's why AssCreed Shadows is so fucked right now, when it started dev years ago they were living in a different cultural climate compared to now

yogaflame

For everyone wasting their hope on this filth not being a woke dumpster fire, keep in mind the brain rotten have already started their masterful marketing tactics of "don't buy our game".

Fucking middle-aged man with helicopter flags in his bio

mQOJAkV.jpeg

:pie_eyeroll:

The rainbow flag agenda displayed in his profile of that ex sony executive is already a red flag for again pushing and forcing twisted woke and dei agenda narrative. And he is rude. Okay , not about got2, so because of choice of “you like it buy it, if not dont buy it” does it give developers entitlement to push and force there agenda and narrative especially if it contains twisted woke agenda and dei? This way of speaking is whats killing the industry, agenda more important even if the product flop.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
For everyone wasting their hope on this filth not being a woke dumpster fire, keep in mind the brain rotten have already started their masterful marketing tactics of "don't buy our game".

mQOJAkV.jpeg

And some people said they wanted this guy back. Hell to the naw, been telling them he is one of the biggest west coast mind virus purveyors.

He was so angry when Jim Ryan put out a company memo to employees saying that they need to respect each other's difference in views and opinions (politically, etc) and that his brand of ideological employees couldn't bully their peers.

And he probably hates cats too. If you know, you know.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Really, what did he say?

Jim was a good guy, he tried his best to not pander to the cultist hive mind
Was on his twitter. Can probably search for it from a couple of years ago. Basically was bad mouthing Jim over ideological fee fee's. Jim probably canned his ass to have so much animosity over treating people with mutual respect. Takes a long time to root out the cancers.

Last edited:
People here saying that the crazy voice actress woke view will not affect the game are just inhaling too much copium, the higher-ups chose this woman instead of the thousands of normal asian actresses for a reason you know.

hint: it's not because she is the most talented asian actress they could find :messenger_tears_of_joy:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
People here saying that the crazy voice actress woke view will not affect the game are just inhaling too much copium, the higher-ups chose this woman instead of the thousands of normal asian actresses for a reason you know.

hint: it's not because she is the most talented asian actress they could find :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Maybe she was the most economical and available scheduling wise compared to the many other Asian voice actors most can't even name.

Maybe she was the most economical and available scheduling wise compared to the many other Asian voice actors most can't even name.

Yup, she is number one economical asian voice actress in the world, it's not like there are many talented and not bat shit crazy asian voice actresses that would kill to get an opportunity to star in this multi-million dollar project, no siree !

You will get copium poisoning from inhaling it too much, be careful bro lol

DJTaurus

mQOJAkV.jpeg

Which are those 2 flags on his bio ?:p

The difference lies in "barely" being able to tell the difference.

You will see the difference immediately when you make the same post there, first you will get banned immediately and then about 30 members will quote your post and insult you for a good 24 hours after you are banned.

The difference is crystal clear to me :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Killjoy-NL

You will see the difference immediately when you make the same post there, first you will get banned immediately and then about 30 members will quote your post and insult you for a good 24 hours after you are banned.

The difference is crystal clear to me :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Sounds awfully similar to what happened when my original account got banned on here back in 2020.😉

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

The difference is- on gaf sjw can still post fine w/o getting banned, while on rainbow forum antifeminists like myself would get perma ban after first sentence/post.
People always talk about getting banned, but if that's the only real difference, then yes, there barely is any difference.

Especially in regards to hyve-mind.

Last edited:

PeteBull

People always talk about getting banned, but if that's the only real difference, then yes, there barely is any difference.

Bro, here we got freedom of speech/opinions, u can even take ur own example- u defending concord and mentioning on multiple occasions how good gameplay it has didnt get u banned, now imagine some1 sane defends hogwarts legacy, cp2077 or wukong at launch on resetera, they fucking getting e-castrated right away.

The first game was mediocre I how they put their energy in making the second one a bitt better. Good graphics + Medicare gameplay + Injected with high realization cinematics are the best PS5 games we get so far.
You can do better.

Killjoy-NL

Bro, here we got freedom of speech/opinions, u can even take ur own example- u defending concord and mentioning on multiple occasions how good gameplay it has didnt get u banned, now imagine some1 sane defends hogwarts legacy, cp2077 or wukong at launch on resetera, they fucking getting e-castrated right away.
I didn't defend Concord though, unless you refer to me saying the core gameplay was solid. That's pretty much the only thing I said about the game that went against Gaf's general consensus.

What's ironic, is the fact that you claim I defended Concord. That's because there is this hyve-mind that for some reason turns everything into two camps. Exactly what started this discussion and what Era does as well.
The only real difference is that overall Gaf and Era belong to opposite camps.

Last edited:

mQOJAkV.jpeg

I think this was in a response to SP's choice of making the main character female.

Sure, they can make the main character whatever they want, and yes, people are free to choose to buy or ignore the game as per their own desires. But on the same note, the consumers are free to criticise the game as much as they want.

It's quite clear the 'DEI' influence comes from the top down though. I think the worst part of Ghost of Yetei is the actress, who seems like a mentally deranged creature.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Sure..there was also women in ww1/ww2 (battlefield cough cough) and yasuke was a real human being so what?

Go and read the post I was replying to.
Exactly! If you want accurate history then watch documentary, don't expect video games give you history accuracy.

That's my point. Video games, films and novels will never be historically accurate. They'd probably be more interesting and exciting if they were, but they then wouldn't appeal to the masses.

I'd even argue that documentaries are hit and miss. Have you seen what Netflix is putting out?

killatopak

Gold Member

Define barely.

Ever been to a public debate? Imagine the mediator kicks you out the moment he doesn’t agree to your opinion. Not your opposing debater, your mediator. The result is there is no debate.

Gaf actually allows you to debate. Era doesn’t.

It’s the difference between a sports game where you’re allowed to compete and another that automatically makes a single team a winner. Because in sports, it doesn’t matter if the whole stadium or hive mind as you call it is cheering for your enemy, what matters is your actions.

The very notion that I personally have trashed Concord, AC: Shadows, and Dustborn would have made me banned in Era. I wouldn’t even be where I am now defending GoY or even Dragon Age.

My voice is heard or in this case text is seen. In a place like an internet forum, it’s the only way to express yourself. It’s the difference between existing and not existing.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Define barely.

Ever been to a public debate? Imagine the mediator kicks you out the moment he doesn’t agree to your opinion. Not your opposing debater, your mediator. The result is there is no debate.

Gaf actually allows you to debate. Era doesn’t.

It’s the difference between a sports game where you’re allowed to compete and another that automatically makes a single team a winner. Because in sports, it doesn’t matter if the whole stadium or hive mind as you call it is cheering for your enemy, what matters is your actions.

The very notion that I personally have trashed Concord, AC: Shadows, and Dustborn would have made me banned in Era. I wouldn’t even be where I am now defending GoY or even Dragon Age.

My voice is heard or in this case text is seen. In a place like an internet forum, it’s the only way to express yourself. It’s the difference between existing and not existing.
I'm talking about the hyve-mind mentality/rhetoric on both sides.
There is little difference in the regard between Gaf and Era.

Top Bottom