• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Yotei Announced (Ghost of Tsushima Sequel)

Boss Mog

For everyone wasting their hope on this filth not being a woke dumpster fire, keep in mind the brain rotten have already started their masterful marketing tactics of "don't buy our game".

Fucking middle-aged man with helicopter flags in his bio

mQOJAkV.jpeg

:pie_eyeroll:
Soon, with AI, we'll be able to Shawn, and activists will have to find another line of work.

dDoc

People truly think that a hired actress it's going to get full creative control on this lmao

Some people are worrying that Sony execs will push an agenda.

SM2, GOW Ragnarok, Forbidden West (especially the DLC) Concord are just some examples. Players are getting fed up of this shit. Look at the recent success of Space Marines 2. Even its CEO had a few words to say about wokeness in video games.

I really liked Ghost of Tsushima, and would like that SP deliver a great sequel in the same vein.

Trailer looked great, so hopefully it will turn out fine. If not, no buy.

Simple as that.

Killjoy-NL

SM2, GOW Ragnarok, Forbidden West (especially the DLC) Concord are just some examples. Players are getting fed up of this shit. Look at the recent success of Space Marines 2. Even its CEO had a few words to say about wokeness in video games.

I really liked Ghost of Tsushima, and would like that SP deliver a great sequel in the same vein.

Trailer looked great, so hopefully it will turn out fine. If not, no buy.

Simple as that.
Yeah, but the reaction to Concord was the height of the anti-Woke crowd.

Now, they're just starting to look pathetic and paranoid.

Yeah, I mean I have no issue with LGBTQ or anything like that being in games or film. My issue is when it's forced and comes across as corny and out of place. Kinda like that scene in Avengers: Endgame near the end where the ladies had their little moment. It was very corny and out of place and completely unnecessary. If people enjoyed it that's fine, I just usually move on if something bothers me or feels fake. I don't go online whining or starting a petition. That is silly to me. I got bigger things to be concerned with in my life.

It's forced 90% of the time. Also, I think it's silly for you to complain about others who complain online about wokeness in gaming when a) the only voice we have is to either not buy or complain online and b) gamers throwing a fit online has shown to be one of the only ways to get studios/pubs to take notice and has successfully affected change on several occaisions.

These are the only two avenues to push back against something many think is ruining entertainment and you have more of an issue with that than the actual wokeness ...your first sentence kind of tells me all i need to know though: "Yeah, i mean i have no issue with LGBTQ or anything like that being in games or film".

midnightAI

She may not, but she was chosen by the studio and the Senior Staff game Designer at Suckepunch (who I imagine does have a say in those things) has a few warning signs, e.g. pronouns in bio, sharing pro child trans posts on Twitter, etc. so it wouldn't be very surprising to see it make it's way into the game unfortunately.
And over 30 voice acting credits in games, that's why they were chosen (after auditions also most likely), maybe they are just good at their job?

(We almost started having decent conversations about the game and history, now back to the nonsense)

Last edited:

nikolino840

Go and read the post I was replying to.

That's my point. Video games, films and novels will never be historically accurate. They'd probably be more interesting and exciting if they were, but they then wouldn't appeal to the masses.

I'd even argue that documentaries are hit and miss. Have you seen what Netflix is putting out?
Ok but the "very rare" does it mean that is legit put characters in videogames? For me yes, but comes in my mind the shitstorm with battlefield about women in war...was a rare thing but if are existed,for me dice wasn't in wrong

nial

You listed four examples, what about several of their other games like Helldivers 2, Gran Turismo 7, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, Astro Bot, etc.?
I don't get this fearmongering over Sony execs (WHICH execs, ffs) when it's always more of a matter of local studio culture. People were already accusing Insomniac of being SJW-driven way before they were acquired by Sony!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yup, she is number one economical asian voice actress in the world, it's not like there are many talented and not bat shit crazy asian voice actresses that would kill to get an opportunity to star in this multi-million dollar project, no siree !

You will get copium poisoning from inhaling it too much, be careful bro lol
Go ahead, without google.... name more than 5, hell, even 3.

It's not "copium," it's spotting intellectual dishonesty. Complaining about other Asian voice actresses can be used, yet nobody can name a single one.

Last edited:

aclar00

And this is with most people.

I understand they need to create something fresh from a new character, but I still think it is really a bad decision.

People wanted to play as Jin in feudal Japan. People are attached to his story and at least want to see a sequel. Don't fix something that not broken. This gona alienate many old players.

I mean i kind of get it, but then i think back...i love Resident Evil 2 even though RE1 is likely my game of all time. I like Leon, but prefer Jill and Chris. Both great games and didn't feel alienated.

PandaOk

Neo Member
The reaction to Concord was mainly due to the shit, woke character designs.

Sony wont be happy with that massive flop.
Pffft no it wasn’t. The reaction to concord was people being at least receptive when the CG was shown, but immediately ice cold on the gameplay reveal.

The whole obsession with Woke was a distraction a bunch of snowflakes bought into so they could feel important by thinking they have influence when in truth the woke character designs were a footnote in why the game bombed.

People wanted it to be a much different game, not something that looked like a boring hero shooter Overwatch rip off. They wanted PvPvE, or a hint of the dynamism, situational narrative, and scope seen in the CG. They got a boring narrow paid GAAS Hero Shooter that didn’t fulfill the fantasy. They were already primed to jump off getting invested in some other GAAS especially when the core PS audience has been weary of the GAAS push.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Pffft no it wasn’t. The reaction to concord was people being at least receptive when the CG was shown, but immediately ice cold on the gameplay reveal.

The whole obsession with Woke was a distraction a bunch of snowflakes bought into so they could feel important by thinking they have influence when in truth the woke character designs were a footnote in why the game bombed.

People wanted it to be a much different game, not something that looked like a boring hero shooter Overwatch rip off. They wanted PvPvE, or a hint of the dynamism, situational narrative, and scope seen in the CG. They got a boring narrow paid GAAS Hero Shooter that didn’t fulfill the fantasy. They were already primed to jump off getting invested in some other GAAS especially when the core PS audience has been weary of the GAAS push.

Ive seen massive criticism from the left when it comes to the characters, obviously no one called them woke, but there was plenty of criticism.

Trilobit

Go ahead, without google.... name more than 5, hell, even 3.

It's not "copium," it's spotting intellectual dishonesty. Complaining about other Asian voice actresses can be used, yet nobody can name a single one.

Didn't Ghost of Tsushima have plenty of Asian American voice actresses that were not Ishii? Did they run out of them after the first game? Anyhow, I bet they hired her because she's talented, no doubt. The question is whether there's some other background to the choice other than "scarcity" and talent. But I'll wait with commenting any further until we actually see more of the game. The strong reaction to GoY has little to do with Ishii in a vacuum and more with everything else that's happening in society and with game companies. Hopefully the game is amazing.

PandaOk

Neo Member
Ive seen massive criticism from the left when it comes to the characters, obviously no one called them woke, but there was plenty of criticism.
Sure, but the characters seen in the initial CG reveal weren’t ‘woke central’ and the trailer itself was received well. The gameplay showcase didn’t reveal or focus on the more egregiously woke characters that children get themselves in a twist over, yet it was the most disliked video in PlayStation YouTube history. The die was already cast before children even found out the game used pronouns or showed off an overweight woman.

On the art side: The character designs were less of an issue than the graphical style chosen to represent them imo. When it comes to character design issues, the left certainly weren’t complaining about the same things as the right.

More of a two truths thing: The character designs weren’t home runs, but the game had far bigger issues than that.

Last edited:
before the woke age i always played as females in 3rd person games.
staring at female asses number 1 reason. If you can't stand playing as WIMMIN try other games.
That's why I'm skipping this one. As I said lol. Before female characters didn't come with the baggage of current year devs. About 10 years of this stuff has left me and many others not affording "AAA" devs the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the reason behind using femc. I loved perfect dark growing up, Metroid prime, etc. But I'm not going to pretend this won't end up just being "actually she's a girlboss lesbian" part 20.

Until Sony proves otherwise I'll wait. I FUCKING Loved ghost of sushi too, so this sucks. But it is what it is. I'll just play metaphor and get over it.

Last edited:

Boss Man

Come on guys it’s not their fault they changed the samurai warrior into a lady. It just happened that way, there’s no deeper meaning to it. Don’t worry about it, it’s no big deal. We’re using the video game to convince little girls who aren’t even going to play it that they can be ancient samurai warriors for some reason. Is that not more important than what people want? Why do you care so much?

Last edited:

strike670

Neo Member
Come on guys it’s not their fault they changed the samurai warrior into a lady. It just happened that way, there’s no deeper meaning to it. Don’t worry about it, it’s no big deal. We’re using the video game to convince little girls who aren’t even going to play it that they can be ancient samurai warriors for some reason. Is that not more important than what people want? Why do you care so much?
She is most likely not a samurai and even if she is, who cares, it's a videogame.

I swear hanging out with you guys must be a miserable experience. The glass is not always half empty.

Last edited:
As long as the character isn’t as grating as Aloy from Horizon, I’m cool with it. Forbidden West was a fun game to play but I had 0 investment in the character or story because they made her totally boring and infallible.

I’m actually more “concerned” about the wolf companion from a “this seems unrealistic” perspective. To me that seems more like a Legends mode thing and is as dumb to me as the eagle in Assassins Creed.

Last edited:
As long as the character isn’t as grating as Aloy from Horizon, I’m cool with it. Forbidden West was a fun game to play but I had 0 investment in the character or story because they made her totally boring and infallible.

I’m actually more “concerned” about the wolf companion from a “this seems unrealistic” perspective. To me that seems more like a Legends mode thing and is as dumb to me as the eagle in Assassins Creed.
I literally had no interest in Horizon because Alloy's head looks like halloween candy corn to me, like the literal shape/texture/color of her head/face, it's so off-putting, could never do it. Maybe I'm shallow. Anyway, was kinda hoping the protagonist in the new Ghost would be a black lesbian non-binary trans-woman like Whoopi Goldberg. They really missed a huge opportunity right here. Ghost of Yolo.

n7orSCS.png

LMAO Ubisoft are so cooked they are well done at this point

Just cancel Assassin's Creed Shadows, there's no way it can stand up to this game in 2025 or any other year

Bitstream

This game looks great, how are people hating on it?
Some of the more reasonable people are just concerned that replacing the main char with a woman is a sign of other woke ideologies that will be shoehorned into the game
Some just wont play it because they refuse to play as a woman even if there is no sign of agenda pushing
Lastly, a few blade / history aficionados are arguing about historical inaccuracies and the physics required for a woman to be able to wield a sword in this way

Personally, I think it looked pretty good.

Some of the more reasonable people are just concerned that replacing the main char with a woman is a sign of other woke ideologies that will be shoehorned into the game
Some just wont play it because they refuse to play as a woman even if there is no sign of agenda pushing
Lastly, a few blade / history aficionados are arguing about historical inaccuracies and the physics required for a woman to be able to wield a sword in this way

yeesh. fuckin' nerds.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little

yeesh. fuckin' nerds.
Truth

I'm buying this day 1

I could care less about what folks are calling "woke", I'm not sure if anyone sees this or not, but they call anything this shit now days.

Buying Ghost Of Yotei day 1, AC Shadows day 1, Kingdomecome Delieverance 2 day 1 IDGAF! lol

If the game is fun, its getting da buys!

Culture war folks who determining buying a game based on shit that has nothing to actually do with the game itself need serious help.

and I don't buy this horseshit of folks acting as if "history" is the reason why they are making some of these statements, as I don't recall them bring up any of that shit when dude had sword on fire, throwing bombs, fighting demons, going to the underworld or in AC having monsters, time travel, scifi lol Stop. That shit sound forced, fake and as if "history" has now become the new claim to attack games based on the characters in the game, they seem to ignore all the other wild shit in theses games, so I have to call bullshit on caring about history, that seems to be pretty cherry picked on that concern meter lol

Last edited:
They should probably reel this unhinged
cunt in before she kills their game before its even out 😆😆😆

Ugh. Does she has creative input in "her" game?

It looks graphically good, so hopefully the story is a bit more engrossing than the first. That's what was lacking a bit for me in the first game.
This is exactly where I am starting to be worried. I am worried about Sucker Punch future as I still want a new Infamous from them.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I get that point and if this were a game set in modern day Washington then I'd be a lot more concerned. As I said earlier, SP would be incredibly stupid to try and merge today's politics into 1600s Japan. That would be a shitshow.
You mean like bioware introducing modern day surgery in a fantasy game with dragons.

I don't think sp is as fucked as bioware but logic has left the room years ago dude.

GymWolf

Gold Member
If you dont make it overpowered you get situations like star wars outlaws where its too difficult and makes the game boring.

stealth games/levels suck period. its why MGS never went all in on it and with each game gave you more and more weapons to play it like rambo. MGSV is the best stealth game out there and its because they give you literally a hundred tools to make it easy and fun.
But you are overpowered in outlaws dude, if you know how to use nix, the game is a cakewalk, and ia is so fucking stupid.

When i failed Stealth in that game was because the mechanics are unreliable and random, not because it's hard or you are not overpowered.

Enemies having random sight, sometimes they spot you from afar, sometimes they can't see you from up close
The game choosing long ko animations and getting me caught instead of chosing the shorter one
Nix sometimes not working properly
Stealth takedown sometimes not working and she just punch them
Not being able to hide bodies
Cover system that is not precise so sometimes you left a shoe outside the cover and get discovered
Shit save system that doesn't save the state of the mission so you return to an area that you cleared from enemies and they are still there
Sometimes the stun hit is silent, sometimes it alert close enemies
General junkiness that make everything more cumbersome.

There is a video where 13 years old splinter cell dismantle outlaws stealth mechanics, but the game is super easy when everything work properly, nix can make you kill 3 enemies in stealth at any given time or you can just make noise and attract multiple enemies on a bush and ko them like you do in ac games, i had pile of corpses accumulating ln these bushes (when the ko animation that bring them inside the bush properly work of course) and it's rare to have more than 3 enemies super close to each other, when they are groups of 4 they usually walk around and you can totally avoid them (or you can attrack one of them with the noise button and ko him and then deal with the 3 left)

And the game only has a couple of mission with immediate fail state, if you disable the alarm and keep an eye on the people who try to call reinforces you can just go gun blazing, it is so easy to get street creed with the factions that being discovered is no biggie, the whole system is deep as a spiderman 1 puddle.

Stealth doesn't suck when done properly, tsushima and outlaws are just terrible stealth games, outlaws more than sushima.

Last edited:

Trilobit

Truth

I'm buying this day 1

I could care less about what folks are calling "woke", I'm not sure if anyone sees this or not, but they call anything this shit now days.

Buying Ghost Of Yotei day 1, AC Shadows day 1, Kingdomecome Delieverance 2 day 1 IDGAF! lol

If the game is fun, its getting da buys!

Culture war folks who determining buying a game based on shit that has nothing to actually do with the game itself need serious help.

and I don't buy this horseshit of folks acting as if "history" is the reason why they are making some of these statements, as I don't recall them bring up any of that shit when dude had sword on fire, throwing bombs, fighting demons, going to the underworld or in AC having monsters, time travel, scifi lol Stop. That shit sound forced, fake and as if "history" has now become the new claim to attack games based on the characters in the game, they seem to ignore all the other wild shit in theses games, so I have to call bullshit on caring about history, that seems to be pretty cherry picked on that concern meter lol

This is why I'm hoping that Jin Sakai is still alive in Ghost of Yotei and teams up with Atsu. And that he can fly. That would be insanely cool. Like Neo in the end of Matrix.

Last edited:
Top Bottom