• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh boy it's another installment of "watch Brad make the exact same mistake 45 times in a row"

let's count how many times he gets mauled by that pinky demon

ticket to ride is good. settlers of catan is good. the board game that got me and my college buddies through last year's insane january snow storms was Seven Wonders though. Great game.

Our settlers games would routinely take like 2 hours just because we'd spend so much time bartering with each other.

oh boy it's another installment of "watch Brad make the exact same mistake 45 times in a row"

let's count how many times he gets mauled by that pinky demon

Shut yourself, I'll take more Breaking Brad in whatever way I can!

nah, I think it's one of the "babby's first" games that actually holds up pretty well. it's got a good balance.

To be fair I think skim milk is totally fine. Like it's not the best but it's completely ok.

daveo42

Banned
I shouldn't have opened the door for people to be shitty about tabletop games.

Catan is almost always someone's first foray into Euro games though. I'm just not a fan anymore because I've played it to absolute death. I've actually played a game start-to-finish of base Catan in 11 minutes. I still, however, want to try out Space Catan.

ticket to ride is good. settlers of catan is good. the board game that got me and my college buddies through last year's insane january snow storms was Seven Wonders though. Great game.

Our settlers games would routinely take like 2 hours just because we'd spend so much time bartering with each other.

My man. Seven Wonders is fantastic.

This Mario Paper game looks terrible, it looks so blurry and dated, and that toad chasing nonsense is just dumb. The weird little song that plays during the drilling bit sounds like it's from some Scientology educational video.

Speaking of Aliens it makes me really sad that I just cannot seem to enjoy Alien: Isolation, as much as I try.

Download the mod (if you have the PC version) that makes the Alien hide in a vent the whole game so you can at least take in the incredible world they built, it's so faithful and great looking to the movies.

Yeah, I can second this. I can't recommend 7 Wonders enough if you're a fan of the Firaxis Civilization games as it's essentially those in board game form.

it's solid. I need to play it again.

Speaking of Aliens it makes me really sad that I just cannot seem to enjoy Alien: Isolation, as much as I try.

do what I did and mod the shit out of the .ini files. the alien was blind, i had infinite ammo, and everything died to 1 bullet. suck it, stupid game

Catan is almost always someone's first foray into Euro games though. I'm just not a fan anymore because I've played it to absolute death. I've actually played a game start-to-finish of base Catan in 11 minutes. I still, however, want to try out Space Catan.

Apparently I was being too ambiguous so let me clear it up: I don't give a shit about whatever ultra-Euro hardcore figurine deck-building post-Teuber game you think I should be playing.

daveo42

Banned
All Aliens did was ruin Alien. Doom was fun zombie movie in space with The Rock. There's no comparison.

I'm saying it's better, I'm saying I enjoyed it more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSeI7Imlj8o&ab_channel=VectorAero

Doom was a bad movie. Not even the greatest line in all of recorded history could save this film.

Apparently I was being too ambiguous so let me clear it up: I don't give a shit about whatever ultra-Euro hardcore figurine deck-building post-Teuber game you think I should be playing.

Play what you want dude. I was expressing my own opinion on games. Sorry if I offended.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yeah Downwell! I picked it up during the winter Steam sale, it's so damn good. I haven't actually watched any footage of it since I played it, and before then I also didn't watch because I was turned off by the look initially.

edit: I kind of still can't watch with the default palette. I changed it immediately once I unlocked a new one.
I have to play like this:

2802298-downwell_v1_0_5+2015-11-30+15-41-50-237.png

Bowlie

Banned
While we're talking about cheats, I've been in a Trimps loop for the past couple of days and only managed to quit it after cheating in the console.

The quickest cure for any idler game.

I think the last roguelike game I played was Toe Jam and Earl. I have Rogue Legacy but still haven't tried it. I guess level progress is too important for me in a game.

I think the last roguelike game I played was Toe Jam and Earl. I have Rogue Legacy but still haven't tried it. I guess level progress is too important for me in a game.

People were so into Rogue Legacy for a while there, but I never liked it much during the 10 or so hours I put into it. I absolutely lost myself in Binding of Isaac though, I have like 500 hours across those games.

Download the mod (if you have the PC version) that makes the Alien hide in a vent the whole game so you can at least take in the incredible world they built, it's so faithful and great looking to the movies.

do what I did and mod the shit out of the .ini files. the alien was blind, i had infinite ammo, and everything died to 1 bullet. suck it, stupid game

Ya I have it on PS4, it sucks cuz I like sci-fi horror games, stealth games, Alien, and love the aesthetic. But something about playing that game just felt like a chore.

People were so into Rogue Legacy for a while there, but I never liked it much during the 10 or so hours I put into it. I absolutely lost myself in Binding of Isaac though, I have like 500 hours across those games.

That game seems incredibly unappealing from everything I've seen of it. It's like Zelda but needlessly cryptic with a disgusting art style.

Doop

I really like roguelikes because of the lack of level progress. I feel like I can stop and start at any time. They're the perfect podcast/video/music games.

That game seems incredibly unappealing from everything I've seen of it. It's like Zelda but needlessly cryptic with a disgusting art style.

Oh yeah, I would definitely say I loved that game despite the art style, not because of it. Also I muted the music, which is blasphemy for a lot of players.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Rogue Legacy was kind of pretty good, but Binding of Isaac was great and Spelunky is just the best game ever so the fact that Rogue Legacy seemed to catch on most was kind of confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom