• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cairnsay

Banned
f1_mark_webbers_tire_hits_cameraman-63340.gif

Does this remind anyone else of HBK during his match with Hogan a few years ago at SummerSlam?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Only the extra onsen cut scene is really over the top. Vanilla P4 is plenty tropey.
They managed to cram in every single anime trope into the game, including an extra opportunity to have a bikini event, but yeah the onsen scene is really the only explicitly service-y one.

Curufinwe

Damon Lindelof apologized for that scene because it was unnecessary and tasteless, especially for the Star Trek universe. I'd imagine Patrick had the same opinion as most others about the scene.

I don't think Star Trek is a fair comparison since its PG-13 and the game is M.

If you look at R rated movies or premium TV there are gratuitous tits and ass everywhere.

Damon Lindelof apologized for that scene because it was unnecessary and tasteless, especially for the Star Trek universe. I'd imagine Patrick had the same opinion as most others about the scene.

In the Kirk era of the Star Trek universe I would actually expect more
green
women in their underwear.

Snowman

I feel like there's this weird thing where people who are super into anime and shit don't even understand how strange that stuff is to people who aren't into it. It's not even a case of is it right or wrong to have that stuff in the game, it's a case of - if i'm playing this game and I got to that part and my girlfriend/parents/friends looked over my shoulder it'd be genuinely embarrassing and I'd feel like I would have to make excuses for the game 'this is only a little bit that's like this' etc etc. which sucks. Especially when it doesn't really feel like that stuff adds of anything of value to the experience unless you're some horny kid.

I dunno, I get how you could think patrick is being unfair/blowing it out of proportion but I can also totally see where he's coming from too.

Fox318

Did Brad really have to kill those poor creatures? He didn't even attempt to become friends or try talking to them.

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Brad should have been nicer to the skeleton creatures. He could have asked them if they wanted to play DOTA or if they wanted to watch anime with patrick.

Nice going brad

FluxWaveZ

Just saw the Danganronpa stuff (sorry to bring it back up).

So I wasn't too into that picture of Hina on her bed when I played the game, either. I understand that it can affect others more than not.

But how in the world is the reveal that
Chihiro is actually a guy
(DR spoilers) insensitive in any way? Seriously, how are situations like that supposed to be handled according to Patrick Klepek?

Is it also insensitive when
Kidd turns out to actually be a woman
(ACIV spoilers) in Assassin's Creed IV?

I really don't get it.

I'm usually damn tired of the deader than dead tropey fanservice, but there was one girl about to break her neck and the other in bed was crying for some reason so were they trying to put context for it? More work than most, and here comes an example now!

Golden adds a SECOND bathhouse "peeping" scene to go along with the first jokey one that's already in the game. They even animated it and made it a special cutscene.

I dunno, vanilla P4 has the same number of cliches, but much less fanservice than Danganronpa or P4G.

And people still won't listen when I describe why Vanilla > Golden. :p

Maybe it was smarter then we think for Titanfall to be exclusive to one console over full multiplat.

If it wasnt for the Rha Rha Fonboy crowd on both sides arguing about it I dont think anyone would give a shit about that game.

Oh, we were getting popcorn, meltdowns, and spindoctoring either way, and I wouldn't want it any other way. :D

I think the secret is that most anime fans hate anime as much as everyone else. The difference is that we don't see all anime as the same thing, so when people paint with broad strokes about a genre, it gets annoying. I mean, we're a couple of weeks out from the North American release of Miyazaki's latest Ghibli film and unless I missed something when I watched it, I don't think there were any upskirts. lol

Alot of the last 10 years has been leaving the broad genre's reputation up to the whims of the most disgusting of the fanbase and the most vehement of its detractors to paint as creeper bait. You can't be in the middle and be favorable to a good show or movie, you have to pick a side or a side will be picked for you...

Don't create an identity based on anime then. Plenty of users don't have avatars.

See?

Are you trying to argue that nothing about the picture implies they're children or they're being sexualised?

Their build, facial features, thong bikini? None of these things raising alarm bells for ya?

lol I never heard of Rin Tousaka and Saber
Nero
being called children like before.

FStop7

Banned
I watched the first 25 or so minutes of the DS2 QL but they said they were in the menus so much because the changes in item/character management were relevant to the QL. Hence, time in menus.

There are two screenshots a page back with young looking characters in see-through towels and panties.

See through towels and panties? What has science done!? Damn you Japaaan!

The towels aren't see through and she was in bed, i wear underwear in bed too.

Oh please do favor me. What's so horribly offensive about it this time?

You didn't know everything about a game that's just come out, so you're basically worse than hitler in our eyes.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Are you trying to argue that nothing about the picture implies they're children or they're being sexualised?

Their build, facial features, thong bikini? None of these things raising alarm bells for ya?

You know, it's mostly because I'm from a Uni and City with a substantial chinese and south-east asian community, but there's quite a number of Uni age girls with those kinds of petite bodies. Also kind of shitty to label people with petite bodies as children.

The only thing wrong with the DS2 quick look was that it wasn't longer.

Seriously, on one hand I don't want to be spoiled, on the other, I could watch Brad/Vinny play a Souls' game for hours.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The only thing wrong with the DS2 quick look was that it wasn't longer.

Seriously, on one hand I don't want to be spoiled, on the other, I could watch Brad/Vinny play a Souls' game for hours.

Me too. In fact, i've already watched over 24 hours of it!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't hate anime but I hate that people judge me because an Avatar with out even knowing my actual opinions.

Nobody judges because of an avatar. They judge because people defend questionable shit while having anime avatars.

The Anime Avatar Brigade is basically a known thing on GAF, and you can guaran-damn-tee that if there's a thread involving an anime-flavored game with sexual or "fanservice" content of a questionable nature, there will be six to ten people with "cute" anime avatars willing to defend that game against all comers, no matter the situation.

Nobody judges because of an avatar. They judge because people defend questionable shit while having anime avatars.

The Anime Avatar Brigade is basically a known thing on GAF, and you can guaran-damn-tee that if there's a thread involving an anime-flavored game with sexual or "fanservice" content of a questionable nature, there will be six to ten people with "cute" anime avatars willing to defend that game against all comers, no matter the situation.

Of course, you played the game and know what questionable shit it has...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Profiling is wrong.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The DS2 QL was actually really good in my opinion.

Also, I'm considering the F1 podcast. Does it make sense for someone who watched F1 since the Senna days or is it maybe a little too beginner-y?

Cant we all just get along and all just use Kevin Nash avatars instead?
More Faxanadu avatars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom