• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
I think Jeff finally booted me from his PS4 friend's list. He sent me a name request, I accepted it, and now a month later he's no longer on my list :(

I feel hurt.

Since I haven't booted my PS4 in a while I just checked with the phone app... I still have him on my list.

I'm the one he used to show off the "Real name request" feature on the PS4 Launch live stream lol... I'm a celeb now!

FluxWaveZ

On the podcast Brad explained that it's just a short check in with Brad and Vinny showing off their builds and playing a bit. I don't think it's a playthrough of DS2.

It's most likely not DS2, but they're planning on doing the check-in for multiple parts as a video series?

bananas

Banned
I think Jeff finally booted me from his PS4 friend's list. He sent me a name request, I accepted it, and now a month later he's no longer on my list :(

I feel hurt.

Best part about the XBONE system. I can have Jeff on my friends list and there's not a goddamned thing he can do about it.

FQCWtGe.png

Orgun

Wow just caught up on the last couple pages, y'all are batshit insane.

Alt-F1 podcast is great, looking forward to more once the season gets underway.

sprinkles

Alt-F1 podcast is great, looking forward to more once the season gets underway.
Yeah, I enjoyed the F1 podcast as well. I might also start watching the races again - did not watch any for many years - only to understand more of the podcast discussions.

After they do an endurance run they can play all of the King's Field games! Muahaha.

Hope they pay more attention to From from now on. New Armored Core got completely ignored.

Armored Core is a neat series, just had hoped with the Soul's success that it would stop getting sidelined. Armored Core V/erdict Day in particular don't really have any of the anime esqe designs that might have turned some away.

Was trying to find a sad mech photo for the hate but found this instead.
If that doesn't convince you what possibly could?
People are weird

Are there any new features/new breaking brad hinted at other than the F1 podcast? I still have hopes for that Castlevania feature being more than just a joke. Believe!

Seemed like the Dark Souls II videos would just be playthrough snippets rather than the every day thing that happened with Demons/Dark

Xater

Yeah, I enjoyed the F1 podcast as well. I might also start watching the races again - did not watch any for many years - only to understand more of the podcast discussions.

I think I stopped watching around the time Schumacher retired from racing. The stuff they talked about in the podcast got me interested in maybe watching again.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man, I was just about to buy Armored Core but now I won't go anywhere near it!

Yes, I am 100% serious. Absolutely.

Alucrid

Banned
Armored Core is a neat series, just had hoped with the Soul's success that it would stop getting sidelined. Armored Core V/erdict Day in particular don't really have any of the anime esqe designs that might have turned some away.

Was trying to find a sad mech photo for the hate but found this instead.
If that doesn't convince you what possibly could?
People are weird

Is verdict day still heavily online focused like V was?

pronk420

so i guess the souls 2 podcast is spoilerific? i wish there was some kind of way to know whether it was safe to listen to or not, at this point i'm not sure i would want to watch/listen to any of the content until i finish the game..

so i guess the souls 2 podcast is spoilerific? i wish there was some kind of way to know whether it was safe to listen to or not, at this point i'm not sure i would want to watch/listen to any of the content until i finish the game..

It's pretty spoilerific, yeah. They mention early bosses, areas and loot drops.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I have no clue what this feature will develop into.

The brad deaths in this video is amazing though. So, whatever.

Was hoping if they were going to do a video series they done it from the start. Nothing worse than watching something that is already a fair chunk into the game.

Guess its something to go back to and watch when I've got the game done.

demidar

Hey, did anyone get throught he podcast that can time stamp DSII spoilers?

The spoilers weren't that much but I can do it. Give me a few minutes.

Edit: The Dark Souls 2 segment is 1:10:50 - 1:30:50 but I can't remember if there's anything referential down the line.

KingKong

I dont understand, how long is Patrick going to be doing the '1 hour of playing a game every day' videos?

I thought that was just a Spelunky thing but now its Binding of Isaac too, with the camera in the corner its literally like any other youtube lets play

LiK

I dont understand, how long is Patrick going to be doing the '1 hour of playing a game every day' videos?

I thought that was just a Spelunky thing but now its Binding of Isaac too, with the camera in the corner its literally like any other youtube lets play

What's wrong with them? People like them.

To be fair, Breaking Brad also has a camera in the corners for Brad AND Vinny so I'm not sure why Patrick can't do the same for his LPs.

Ozone

I like it. I watch it live during lunch at work each day and I'm fascinated about these games. It actually has encouraged me to try them myself, learning the mechanics through his play.

I hope he keeps at it with more games.

KingKong

What's wrong with them? People like them.

To be fair, Breaking Brad also has a camera in the corners for Brad AND Vinny so I'm not sure why Patrick can't do the same for his LPs.

Having two people is a totally different experience. Also it's the thinnest form of content, and he's doing this instead of quick looks of smaller games the others won't cover.

Look at the quick looks he's released since he's started doing this, there have only been 3 in 2014

styl3s

That is kind of the point.

It's Patrick playing games that interest him until he beats it. It's 2014, it's what A LOT of people are interested in these days. Why do you think more and more gaming websites are adopting the video content? Gamespot, IGN etc. all do "lets play" because it's whats in demand and i fucking love it.

I hope that both Brad and Vinny both do a Dark Souls 2 playthrough because i love the breaking bad one and i loved the vinny Dark Souls.

pronk420

caved and decided to watch the ds2 quicklook, its pretty funny seeing them not really knowing what is going on. not as spoilerific as i was expecting lol

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The spoilers weren't that much but I can do it. Give me a few minutes.

Edit: The Dark Souls 2 segment is 1:10:50 - 1:30:50 but I can't remember if there's anything referential down the line.

TIMESTAMP FOR DARK SOULS 2 TALK

1:10-1:30

There isn't much talk I would consider spoilery, and I am very sensitive to such things. One boss name is mentioned, some mechanical changes are addressed, but thats about it. Most of it was stuff I already knew about, but if you have been on a total, strict 100% blackout, you may want to skip it.

Also, Brad's "skepticism" about the obvious lighting changes is pure madness.

I didn't actually listen to the Dark Souls 2 section itself but I think it goes from 1:10:45 to 1:30:25 roughly. Basically after Vinny talking about his old job as a teenager and before the short South Park talk. \

All of you are great people. Thank, I really appreciate it. Gotta keep this Dark Souls blindfold on!

popo

I really hope we dont get too much DSII stuff. The site needs more variety at the moment.

I think the DS2 stuff will only last a week or so and then BB is almost finished. Seems like they are doing DS2 because Brad and co just wants to play it at work - and it usually makes for a good video when the guys play a game because they are really in to it - rather than just for the job.

Snowman

Women in swimsuits? Welp.

See this is kind of what I mean, you act like it's no problem at all, and I get that it isn't to you. And whether it should or shouldn't be embarrassing isn't the argument here, the problem is that most people not used to being around anime are gonna see that and think it's kinda weird. Like in a bad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom