• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Brad does seem to have his patterns down, it's just that he's completely afriad of healing EVEN THOUGH THE NEXT HIT WILL KILL HIM.

Just heal and eat a little damage man.

I love how the only reason he won was because Vinny was telling him to heal and once he got to the end of the fight he snaps with the "don't tell me to heal"

Vinny baiting Brad into trying to kill everyone and everything at the end is hysterical.

edit: Black Knight 2000 is forever tied to this series in my mind, now. Good call, Drew.

Brites

Neo Member
Oh, it's so hard no not watch them playing Dark Souls 2 (waiting for the PC version).

I would surely like to see the Small Business owner participating in a podcast.

Vinny baiting Brad into trying to kill everyone and everything at the end is hysterical.

edit: Black Knight 2000 is forever tied to this series in my mind, now. Good call, Drew.

I think I am the same way. Thankfully, Rorie linked to the song near the beginning of the boss.

An odd end to an odd game, how fitting.

I only skimmed through the dark souls 2 content as I'm only a few hours deep into my play through (very near Brad in the first recap) but some of their complaints are due to the new stat changes. ADP boosts agility which seems to give faster rolls and estus flask chugs. END affects the poise which helps prevent getting staggered. Its easy to miss these changes since the game doesn't explain stats at all and its fair to assume most stuff works the same as dark souls but I felt putting points into ADP especially makes the animations feel a lot better.
Since this is a souls game I assume plenty of people have already flooded them with this info but it may help some players here anyway.

He really is like a one man Twitch Plays

Brad, I'm sorry, but I have to do this:

LOLOLOL!!!

Hoo boy. Haven't been watching the episode yet, but the last two I ended up fast forwarding through about 75% of them.
Messing around in menus debating where to put points into? Skip ahead. Fighting and dying at the same boss 5 times in a row? Skip ahead. Screaming VERY LOUDLY about missing another lizard? Skip ahead.

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of funny conversation stuff, but I just get kinda bored. Once I know what kind of character I want to play, I pretty much know right away what I want to pump points into.

Watches "Breaking Brad", doesn't actually like watching Brad getting broken.

@VinnyCaravella 7m
Now that @bradshoemaker is done with Demon's Souls we can all get way into EVE! Nonstop coverage.

THE ENDURANCE RUN THAT NEVER ENDS.

Seeing Brad beat allant gave me the power to beat him for myself. Watching DeS credits now. The music...

Edit: I went back and watched the ending of the stream and the guys missed out on the credits music because Drew played that dumb black knight music.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Any affection I felt for Whitta was gone when he stood on the graves of children to push his anti-2nd amendment agenda.

Maybe that's a bit of a dramatic way to put it, but that's how I see it.
Unless I'm picturing what you're talking about incorrectly or something, the fuck is wrong with arguing that this is contributing to the of the death of children? Isn't that pretty much the case?

Mesoian

Wait, it's lost on me, what's the irony?

I thought Patrick was done with PAX after the last internet shitstorm surrounding Gabe. What happened?

Yeah...

I mean, yes, it's always the better option to make a situation that you consider to be negative a positive by actively interacting with it and trying to sway people's opinions, especially on a subject that's as near and dear to our hearts as the games' industry and community. And I'll probably end up going to his talk. And it makes sense considering the company he works for will be hosting a panel and has a good relationship with the show, the city the show is in, people who work in said city and the community who can attend the show in said city.

On the other hand...this is why you don't blow your load in outrage, and yeah, the irony is SUPER thick. It makes me think back to the woman who brought up the Dickwolves' story in the Boston Phoenix, claimed she would never attend the show ever again, but still ended up going that year and every subsequent year after that, on the company dime no less.

So yeah...It's weird, but I don't care. And i'll still go like I always do.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Yeah...

I mean, yes, it's always the better option to make a situation that you consider to be negative a positive by actively interacting with it and trying to sway people's opinions, especially on a subject that's as near and dear to our hearts as the games' industry and community. And I'll probably end up going to his talk. And it makes sense considering the company he works for will be hosting a panel and has a good relationship with the show, the city the show is in, people who work in said city and the community who can attend the show in said city.

On the other hand...this is why you don't blow your load in outrage, and yeah, the irony is SUPER thick. It makes me think back to the woman who brought up the Dickwolves' story in the Boston Phoenix, claimed she would never attend the show ever again, but still ended up going that year and every subsequent year after that, on the company dime no less.

So yeah...It's weird, but I don't care. And i'll still go like I always do.

What is ironic about giving an anti-bullying talk at a convention that in the past has had some bullying issues? I mean, maybe if it was the one dude at Penny Arcade giving the speech?

It isn't ironic, it feels more like positive progress.

Mesoian

What is ironic about giving an anti-bullying talk at a convention that in the past has had some bullying issues? I mean, maybe if it was the one dude giving the speech?

It isn't ironic, it feels more like positive progress.

It's ironic because Patrick is on record as saying that he'd never attend PAX again because of the PA stuff. Everyone thought that was reductive at the time. I'm glad he sees it that way too now as working with the show to talk about these issues is better than simply ignoring it on a whole.

And if Mike Krahulik was in on that talk, I think it would be FANTASTIC. I think the most recent story of Mike genuinely not knowing about transgendered people and culture, putting his foot in his mouth, getting shit about it, talking to his real life friends of whom he did not understand were transgendered, learning more about the subject, and changing himself as a result is pretty amazing and falls well within the parameters of patrick's topic.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Source for that? I remember him saying he was reconsidering it, but not that he wasn't going altogether.

Nah my memory is the same as yours. He mentioned it in passing but didn't saying anything official. From what I recall anytime he voiced concern about PAX it was always followed up with "but its good for our fans, so what can you do."

Mr. F

Banned
I really thought I would be burnt out on all the Souls content but it's been fantastic. Watching the first episode of the Souls Too series and hearing them discuss their theories and discover things along the way was genuinely exciting and entertaining to watch.

Wish more games were more conducive to that kind of discussion and theorizing, but I guess their relative rarity is what makes them special.

Snowman

On the other hand, I've never played a souls game and don't really have any interest in them, I tried to watch the breaking brad from the start but I just got really bored really quickly :( And now with so much of the content on the site being souls related and patrick switching to binding of isaac from spelunky (which is way less fun to watch for me for some reason) I feel like there's been very little for me to watch from giant bomb this week.

LiK

Heh...

2014-03-1215-42-23_rwr63.png

Oh Gary.

Brad's preference for the 360 version's inconsistent framerate is a bit odd given how much he tried to downplay the massive Tomb Raider advantages because it dropped to 50 every now and again. Oh de well. The disgusting vsync makes the 360 version of Dark Souls 2 far inferior for me. I just can't understand how people can play games with that going on constantly.

They really chose the worst possible photo for that video image, lol.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
On the other hand, I've never played a souls game and don't really have any interest in them, I tried to watch the breaking brad from the start but I just got really bored really quickly :( And now with so much of the content on the site being souls related and patrick switching to binding of isaac from spelunky (which is way less fun to watch for me for some reason) I feel like there's been very little for me to watch from giant bomb this week.

Well on the bright side there isn't any souls content left other than this dark souls too thing, so they should be more freed up for other stuff. :p Especially once they hire more people to free up vinny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom