• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman

What happened to Mythic? Did they just kill it and move them all to these mobile games?

Also, Jeff seems really soft on him, probably because he's a friend, given how down he was on the game on the Bombcast.

I dunno, you don't invite someone on your show as a guest and then just get really harsh on them, the other people there did a good job of arguing the point anyway.

valeo

I dunno, you don't invite someone on your show as a guest and then just get really harsh on them, the other people there did a good job of arguing the point anyway.

Because anyone with brains knows that at big companies like EA, one man never makes big decisions like that. You tow the company line or you don't get on the project.

Feel sorry for the guy; looked strung out.

Did they not do an Unprofessional Fridays yesterday? Or has it just not bee archived yet? Given the lengthy GDC stream I can understand how they might have skipped UPF this week.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Do you really think they'd get to make another MMO after Warhammer?
I suppose that's true. Just never thought of what happened to them after the game shut down.

This isn't the hard reporting show on super serious site.

It's the let's get drunk and tell stupid stories with friends show on the silly site.
That's true, but there's a little bit of hypocrisy or at least strangeness when Burnett starts talking about reviews and neither of them mention the fact that the people at Giantbomb thought they were misusing the franchise and so forth as well. It was an elephant in the room.

Because anyone with brains knows that at big companies like EA, one man never makes big decisions like that. You tow the company line or you don't get on the project.

Feel sorry for the guy; looked strung out.
The way he talked it seemed like he was the one pitching these ideas at EA. Could also be a PR spin, of course.

Cool, thanks!!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
This might have been mentioned before, but apparently in studio the guys couldn't hear the music during doseone's performance, just his vocals. I guess that makes sense, otherwise I'm assuming there'd be feedback problems in such an enclosed space (?), but it sure must've been weird.

So, I like Patrick for the most part, but the Lexus ball busting comment on the GDC video was a little out of line. I'm not sure if its the way he delivered it, or the comment itself, but it just sorta rubbed me the wrong way. Is Jeff supposed to feel bad for owning a Lexus or something? Guy has no dependants, lives in a affordable area, and co created Giant Bomb. Is he not allowed to enjoy his money? Also, doesn't he have an IS? Aren't those pretty affordable luxury cars?

That's all. End rant.

What did he say?

hwy_61

Banned
What did he say?

They were talking about different areas to live in close to SF, like Oakland, ect. Jeff brought up that he reppin for Peteluma, but how there is no public trans, so he has to drive in to work everyday. That's where the IDXBOX guy came in with, "In a Lexus no less!" and completely derailed the rest of what Jeff was going to say.

EDIT: I swapped Patrick with the IDxbox guy. I got it wrong from the start!

Haunted

They were talking about different areas to live in close to SF, like Oakland, ect. Jeff brought up that he reppin for Peteluma, but how there is no public trans, so he has to drive in to work everyday. That's where Patrick came in with, "In a Lexus no less!" and completely derailed the rest of what Jeff was going to say.
sounds pretty funny to me

DieH@rd

Banned
Oh man, 3/18 bombcast was phenomenal. Lang dropped so many awesome truth bombs about gaming industry, awesome email section.... great episode.

Zornack

They were talking about different areas to live in close to SF, like Oakland, ect. Jeff brought up that he reppin for Peteluma, but how there is no public trans, so he has to drive in to work everyday. That's where Patrick came in with, "In a Lexus no less!" and completely derailed the rest of what Jeff was going to say.

He didn't say that, the ID@Xbox guy did.

Darklord

Banned

I find it really weird how so many people comment on their stuff saying something they said was out of line. Poor Kessler gets ragged on too much when he was an intern, Brad and Jeff hate each other, Ryan said a mean thing, Patrick went too far. They're friends as well as co-workers. Friends give each other shit and it's all in good fun.

Haunted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IampU2ru8Ao

I find it really weird how so many people comment on their stuff saying something they said was out of line. Poor Kessler gets ragged on too much when he was an intern, Brad and Jeff hate each other, Ryan said a mean thing, Patrick went too far. They're friends as well as co-workers. Friends give each other shit and it's all in good fun.
Out of line Darklord. We really don't appreciate this sort of posting behaviour here.

hwy_61

Banned

EDIT: I fucked up and thought it was Patrick but it was actually the IDxbox dude.

Dany

Banned

Dude, you've gone too far. Fuck...

Darklord

Banned
Dude, you've gone too far. Fuck...

Out of line Darklord. We really don't appreciate this sort of posting behaviour here.

2539433-2642583531-24674.gif

Fevaweva

Just finished the GDC stream. Christ. So great, I couldn't stop laughing almost throughout. Informative AND hilarious, Giant Bomb at its best.

styl3s

It's as if people in here don't have friends.

Most male friends bust each others balls. It's just something that has been going on since the dawn of man.

Xater

Some more thoughts on the GDC Show:

I love that the other devs gave Burnett shit for Dungeon Keeper. The way he wanted to get out of this affair was just ugh....

That whole part made me respect Rami even more.

Also rewatching the end I think the Lang Zone was about to turn into a pretty scary place. Boon really seemed like he was on the verge of punching someone. :p

LuchaShaq

Banned
Holy crap listening to Paul is so pathetic and sad. He genuinely thinks that people disliked the game just because others did and because it's EA? No people hated it because it was the epitome of everything that is wrong with gaming in 2014.

I'm sure Paul is a nice guy, but watching Paul embarrass himself like that wasn't funny, or insightful. It was fucking sad. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Holy crap listening to Paul is so pathetic and sad. He genuinely thinks that people disliked the game just because others did and because it's EA? No people hated it because it was the epitome of everything that is wrong with gaming in 2014.

I'm sure Paul is a nice guy, but watching Paul embarrass himself like that wasn't funny, or insightful. It was fucking sad. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

But it's not as bad as Clash of the Clans! That makes it fine right?

No? Well, you know, mobile gaming just hasn't grown up yet! Really we're only doing these shady business practices because.. uh.. because in five years mobile gaming will be really cool. I mean, TV was awful in the 50s, and current mobile games are made like they made TV in the 50s. So yeah, the game is just fine.

Seriously, that dude straight up admitted that the games they are making are shit with that analogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom