• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

- J - D -

Not everything is gonna be hit, sure, but Ben continues with it well after the joke is dead right until the very end of the video.

I like Ben more than most in this thread but he really needs to shut up sometimes. I just hope he is self aware about this, so he can improve, but I doubt it.

Comedy is hard. Even Jeff and Vinny whiff sometimes with their stuff. Ben is still getting his legs so I try not to be too critical.

How is UPF and demo derby? GBE Nancy Drew is a little too low key.

UPF: imagine a scenario where the fanbase insisted the GB duders played nothing but games chosen solely based on meme-value.

Derby: BALLERS BALLERS BALLERS BALLERS BALLERS BALLERS BALLERS BALLERS BALLERS BALLERS BALLERS BALLERS BALLERS BALLERS BALLERS BALLERS BALLERS

How is UPF and demo derby? GBE Nancy Drew is a little too low key.

It was a 3 person UPF playing unfiltered games polled by the community. So yeah, it was pretty bad. They need Rorie on the couch.

The disc they chose wasn't top tier, but demo derby was decent.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Demo Derby reminded me of Hoobastank's The Reason, so I would advise against it because that fucking song has been in my head all day now.

colinp

Banned
Demo Derby reminded me of Hoobastank's The Reason, so I would advise against it because that fucking song has been in my head all day now.

Ahaha, wow you're not the only one! I regret watching the limited amount that I watched because of this.

Though to be fair...
I'M NOT A PERFECT PERSON!

Hasney

that mask is one of a kind!

Oh no! One of a kind ugly!

I kinda like the jeans and the boots, so I'm selling them at £10 a pop to see if the market goes far too high while I sleep or something. As they're hanging around £1, I'll just take them off the market again most likely.

Still, a couple of quid off my Fire Pro purchase tomorrow morning so I can live with that.

EDIT: The virtual goods thing is still so weird. When I quit TF2 after 1200 hours, I sold my inventory that I had done a lot of trading metal with and ended up with £120. I doubt I'll make out like that again.

patapuf

Oh no! One of a kind ugly!

I kinda like the jeans and the boots, so I'm selling them at £10 a pop to see if the market goes far too high while I sleep or something. As they're hanging around £1, I'll just take them off the market again most likely.

Still, a couple of quid off my Fire Pro purchase tomorrow morning so I can live with that.

EDIT: The virtual goods thing is still so weird. When I quit TF2 after 1200 hours, I sold my inventory that I had done a lot of trading metal with and ended up with £120. I doubt I'll make out like that again.

I think it's pretty neat. When i stoped playing Dota, i sold my inventory and got about half of what i put into it back. I won't say no to that.

def sim

I just never wanted to look at that balaclava again.

Looks like the money was in an unopened set though, seen some sell at $40.

Yeah, I just caught that. I don't understand why they're worth more than all the items bought separately, but hey whatever, glad people are willing to hand me money for these things at all.

Hasney

Possibly. A lot of the TF2 items that became valuable were because they existed before trading did. Like the free apple buds you got for logging in as a Mac user no-one wanted because they were ugly, so they ended up being scrapped meaning there was a very low amount when trading happened. As the playerbase grows, if they're desirable, the price may increase.

Yeah, I just caught that. I don't understand why they're worth more than all the items bought separately, but hey whatever, glad people are willing to hand me money for these things at all.

Because they're even rarer as people just opened them. It's weird since you can't do anything with them other than open it.

EDIT: Jesus fucking Christ, the PLAYERUNKNOWN Set box isn't just people speculatively listing them, one sold at £776.79

Jintor

i predict abby and alex splat2 ql. i hope dan doesn't run it, he's kind of a downer on series that don't click with him

Antiwhippy

I think the east studio is generally more splat friendly.

Except for Vinny who seems to hold a weird grudge against it.

Antiwhippy

Funnily enough I was just listening to the 2016 gotycast where Dan mentioned that he actually played a lot of splatoon in 2016.

More than Mario Maker even.

oti

Banned
my memory is that he likes it in that meandering 'well it's good i think' kind of dan way, the middle ground where he's not super enthused about it but recognises that it is good and fun but will probably drop it after two weeks

Nah, he really liked it. He even thought out loud about proposing it for best old game before Brad said "are you fucking serious" or something. Because Brad is evil and mostly likes bad games.

Real Hero

my memory is that he likes it in that meandering 'well it's good i think' kind of dan way, the middle ground where he's not super enthused about it but recognises that it is good and fun but will probably drop it after two weeks

nah he really liked splatoon

derFeef

Nah, he really liked it. He even thought out loud about proposing it for best old game before Brad said "are you fucking serious" or something. Because Brad is evil and mostly likes bad games.

I think that was because it really did not fit into the category.
Anyway, I preordered Splatoon 2, my first phyical game as well (because not sure I will like it). Looking forward to it.

Jintor

nah he really liked splatoon

okay then my memory can go back in the trash where it belongs

splatoon is seriously one of the best designed games of all time. the fact that a single mechanic covers like 7-8 roles is just god damn impeccable efficiency of design

oti

Banned
I think that was because it really did not fit into the category.
Anyway, I preordered Splatoon 2, my first phyical game as well (because not sure I will like it). Looking forward to it.
You can try the Splatfest demo for free. If you don't fig the multiplayer there's a pretty great singleplayer. Its pacing and level design reminds me of Mario Galaxy.

And naaaaaah about that category talk. Brad just hates good games. Especially the old game category is wide open for any interpretation.
okay then my memory can go back in the trash where it belongs

splatoon is seriously one of the best designed games of all time. the fact that a single mechanic covers like 7-8 roles is just god damn impeccable efficiency of design
It really is. And it started out as tofu blocks shooting each other. Nintendo is so weird.

derFeef

You can try the Splatfest demo for free. If you don't fig the multiplayer there's a pretty great singleplayer. Its pacing and level design reminds me of Mario Galaxy.

And naaaaaah about that category talk. Brad just hates good games. Especially the old game category is wide open for any interpretation.

Ríght, I got it downloaded, I totally forgot (did not have any time to play games this weekend).

Meguro

Banned
Hmm the Rift is finally at a price where I'm thinking about getting one. But I don't know how long a variety of shooter galleries would entertain me.

Antiwhippy

He's really damn good at spontaneous comedy.

Like the racquetball shit and Jeremiah were when i actually laughed out loud from the beastcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom