• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakoo

Listening to this weeks Bombcast....Jeff and Ben speaking about modern board games was rough.

I understand the first time playing any eurogame like Ora et Labora is slow, but typically, the systems of those games allow for some really interesting and satisfying decisions. Also once people know the rules, those games also do become more social and feel less like multiplayer solitaire when going through the motions of the game are a bit more second nature. Additionally, there are tons of newer boardgames (Codenames, Space Alert, Pandemic) that are a lot more social and exciting by nature that definitely are better than Life, lol.

Lunar FC

Dude. In PUBG you collect stuff and hide for 20 minutes only to die a few moments later. That's exhilarating, I get it. But is that good? You can like it. But is it good?

Zelda is good.

I get bored of Zelda in the time it takes me to gear up in pubg.

This is Blitz's chance
giphy.gif

Maybe Mary nailed it during the Playdate. The game itself is actually bad, but players "make it good" themselves. I mean eh, that's how those mods habe always worked. Here's some space, there are guns, now kill each other. For whatever reason people decided PUBG would be THE game for that setting instead of the mods before. Why? No idea.

Or it's just the tension of it all. My absolute favourite mechanic in Watch Dogs 1, an utterly forgettable game, was hiding in the car. Seeing cops drive by without noticing me was amazing. We as humans just really love hide and seek.

Cats do like playing like Snakes.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Listening to this weeks Bombcast....Jeff and Ben speaking about modern board games was rough.

I understand the first time playing any eurogame like Ora et Labora is slow, but typically, the systems of those games allow for some really interesting and satisfying decisions. Also once people know the rules, those games also do become more social and feel less like multiplayer solitaire when going through the motions of the game are a bit more second nature. Additionally, there are tons of newer boardgames (Codenames, Space Alert, Pandemic) that are a lot more social and exciting by nature that definitely are better than Life, lol.

Space Alert is amazing.
Fuck that Interstellar Octopus tho

That is not how it works around these parts

I know :( had to try though

Come on. Take a side. Let's have fun.

This Bombcast is good.

BotW if I have to pick, sense of exploration is unrivaled in it. I definitely agreed with Dan's review about it making me feel like a kid again.

So much #content to catch up on! Still need to finish watching BitE, Murder Island, Prey, latest beastcast and bombcast

Somebody is gonna post it in the AMA.

Gaf career over.

what career ayyy lmao

It won't be me! How's it feel to be Ubisoft® (Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Ubisoft, Ubi.com and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.) iconic Blitzrules240, btw?

Winning a round of PUBG with my two friends was easily a top 5 gaming experience of all time for me.

A game has never made me physically react like that. I was amped up for about an hour.

It's janky but it is definitely my goty.

The Bomb Crew could very easily go the route of giving "winning your first Chicken Dinner" best moment and letting the game settle into the top 5 though.

For all y'all non Reddit users, you can just go to their profiles and refresh to see answers instead of combing the thread

Ben

Abby

Click "context" under an answer to see the question

you guys are doing a lot of mental gymnastics to prepare yourselves for PUBG winning GOTY

is zelda good or is it the experiences you make in it?

sounds more the latter tbh

Well, DOOM didn't win GOTY afterall didn't it? Especially because most of the crew have played it! People talk about the tension, I wish those same people gave Rainbow Six: Siege a chance. That game has tension for days and it doesn't eat up alot of your time.

It was very close though and the only reason it didn't win was due to the other aspects of the game being not as great were brought up.

fire pro is an ugly, ugly game

like you're playing an SNES game with every filter possible turned on

Yeah, I wish they game you an option to turn the smoothing filter off, nicknames should show on the wrestler select (Thus there's no Snakeface, The God of Pain or Carabeara), mouse control should be in every menu, there should be more customisation patterns etc... Still, it's in early access and it's the first wrestling game I've enjoyed in years.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
A bit late but I love how Dan just hoards all the scopes in PUBG and doesn't even think about giving Brad and his Scar one.

Also this is the second time that they just miss a guy who is basically right next to them. Dan ran past the dude. This is killing me.

http://imgur.com/a/RtLDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom