• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Don't worry, canceled after one episode

YJqb7A5.png

Hindl

More Bradth of the Wild
In Zelda you collect stuff only for it to break 5 minutes later. And most PUBG players dont hide for 20 minutes, even GB has pulled away from that because that's not how you do well in PUBG. Like somehow cooking a bunch of materials you had to pick up off the floor in Zelda to walk in the cold place is unanimously good but hiding in a tub isn't?

I don't see how you think Zelda is objectively 'good' but PUBG isn't.
Actually that encapsulates why BotW is good. You could eat hot food to get through cold places, but there are at least 3 other ways you can keep warm in cold places, including some really creative ways I wasn't expecting but make sense

ev0

The problem with watching Brad waste money is that I will also be reminded that I am wasting my own money by subbing to a site that makes content out of Dota.

oti

Banned
I'd watch if it was just Brad wasting money. Sadly they'd still feel obliged to talk about other Dota things, making it unwatchable.

I'll just skip to the money part. I'd rather play a Sonic game than watch any MOBA gameplay.

The problem with watching Brad waste money is that I will also be reminded that I am wasting my own money by subbing to a site that makes content out of Dota.

Piston said it first.

Hi Ben and Abby, First off, love you both. You're such amazing additions to the GB family and can't wait to see what you do next!
Unfortunately, a lot of haters don't agree. Like Austin, Dan, Patrick and even Brad back in the day, the "new guy" always gets hit with a ton of mean comments on YouTube videos and the like.
My question is: how do you deal with haters?
Facktion from Toronto

Ben:

I've actually been thinking about this A LOT over the past week. Two and a half months ago, I was brought on to my first "real" job in the video games "journalist" field as a Junior Editor for a beloved site. Within weeks I found myself getting compared to industry veterans, I would see comments like "why isn't Ben doing X like Y?" and I struggled really hard with that. I thought it was extremely unfair and started making me doubt myself before I ever really got my feet off the ground.

Then the other day I realized this isn't just anonymous people being mean, they have these expectations for what these new hires are going to do because they're so passionate about this website. I remember having strong opinions about all the new Giant Bomb members as a fan of the site back in the day too. I have a lot of surprises up my sleeves, and I will continue to push myself because this community deserves the new hires to be as passionate as they are and have been for these last 9 years.
Also I never read the YouTube comments anymore.

That's a good answer. Sometimes it is just anonymous people being mean though.

daveo42

Banned
I'll just skip to the money part. I'd rather play a Sonic game than watch any MOBA gameplay.

Piston said it first.

You'd still hear dota talk even when brad was knee-deep in loot boxes. There'd be no escape. We'd be better off with a tweet of brad's total expenditures for the video following by Jeff just laughing.

oti

Banned
You'd still hear dota talk even when brad was knee-deep in loot boxes. There'd be no escape. We'd be better off with a tweet of brad's total expenditures for the video following by Jeff just laughing.

That's fine. As long as I get Brad feeding his unhealthy addiction and his "friends" motivating him to spend more money.

Seriously though, I'm so glad I'm not like Brad in that regard. Both with Dota specifically but also his constant addiction to fulfilling tasks, collecting pointless stuff. Like when he said he was missing only three trophies in Mass Effect Andromeda.

WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT TROPHIES/ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2017

WHY

SEEK HELP

STOP PLAYING DOTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom