• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Totally disagree. The main mechanic and perspective are totally different.

There's a reason that at the end of B, there's a trailer for C. They know they're risking losing people. I super love the new mechanic they add in there, though.

Hindl

Fraud
n. the intentional use of deceit, a trick or some dishonest means to deprive another of his/her/its money, property or a legal right.
http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=785

Explain how misrepresenting an item and selling it to someone on that misrepresentation doesn't meet that criteria?

That's cold.

Joeku said he bought the code and gave it to a co-worker as a joke. Not sold it to a customer telling them it was a different game.
Yeah I know when he said he "burned them" I assumed he sold it to the co-worker, not gave it to them. I already apologized

They should do a FFXII Remastered Quick Look and have Brad and Rorrie casually spoil the entire plot of the story in great detail with no warning just like the FFX HD QL. For old times sake

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Been listening to the 2014 GOTYcasts and man Jeff is sassy in this one. He's got this like really hyper negative energy throughout it.

Phatmac

I was surprised by how similar Route B is to Route A. It honestly doesn't seem nessecary besides the hacking. The original Nier did the different route with a different character far better. You really don't learn much from Route B.

The middle parts mostly, but I also spent a lot of time on the B unique sidequests which were some of the best in the game.

I skipped all the sidequests because the combat was not fun enough to be its own reward, and now I'm 30 levels below everything in Route C and keep getting one shotted.

So instead I uninstalled it and played more Pubg.

Antiwhippy

I was surprised by how similar Route B is to Route A. It honestly doesn't seem nessecary besides the hacking. The original Nier did the different route with a different character far better. You really don't learn much from Route B.

Eh it was more subtle for sure. I mean B in the OG nier is as unsubtle as all get out lol.

B in OG nier is about learning the shades. B in Automata is learning about the machines but also 9S as a character.

Phatmac

Eh it was more subtle for sure. I mean B in the OG nier is as unsubtle as all get out lol.

B in OG nier is about learning the shades. B in Automata is learning about the machines but also 9S as a character.

Learning about the shades and the world is one of the best parts of the game. Nier:A attempts to do the same, but it just isn't as interesting since the enemies don't change and you know about them already. I honestly learned more about 9S in route C with how is downward spiral plays out. The combat just gets worse in Route B and they don't have unique encounters in the route which is my biggest gripe with the game.

Hindl

Unless you were Nintendo. That was the best year WiiU ever had, have several WiiU games in my 2014 GOTY list.
Yeah definitely, but the Wii U was basically ignored. Especially since they burned all their Nintendo capital on Mario Kart
Hearing the games listed on it 2014 doesn't actually seem to terrible, but it seemed like he built a dark energy off that WWE card game and destiny.
If you're a fan of AAA non-Nintendo games it was a pretty bad year

Antiwhippy

Learning about the shades and the world is one of the best parts of the game. Nier:A attempts to do the same, but it just isn't as interesting since the enemies don't change and you know about them already. I honestly learned more about 9S in route C with how is downward spiral plays out. The combat just gets worse in Route B and they don't have unique encounters in the route which is my biggest gripe with the game.

But here's the thing though, the downward spiral of C would not work if it wasn't for the character work in B. B was the where the first real hints of 9S/2B's complex relationship appears other than 9S being just a little dork.

It also pulls into question about his insistence of machines being just dumb, pattern following machines seeing that he knew otherwise really.

Much like how Kaine should know more about the shades seeing that she understood them all along, but OG nier doesn't really explore that part as much.

Asked Jeff on Tumblr if they'd be willing to do 'modifiers' in PUBG after they get their chicken dinners, like that one email on Waypoint Radio talked about recently.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
hey dudes

Extra Life is gonna be 24 hours of pubg

0692_7xutt.gif

killme

Phatmac

But here's the thing though, the downward spiral of C would not work if it wasn't for the character work in B. B was the where the first real hints of 9S/2B's complex relationship appears other than 9S being just a little dork.

It also pulls into question about his insistence of machines being just dumb, pattern following machines seeing that he knew otherwise really.

Much like how Kaine should know more about the shades seeing that she understood them all along, but OG nier doesn't really explore that part as much.
You're right about their relationship being expanded upon. Some of the side quests are great for that reason. I haven't played the original Nier since it came out, so my memory of what happened must be wrong. I guess I appreciate how novel the whole route system is the first time. It's dissapointing that Taro used his same tricks again which didn't surprise me. Route B is just too long with small changes that aren't enough to warrant a while route that is similar to Route B. Nier:A is still my GOTY with how brilliant game that no one else is making. Some different story sections would've been nice for Route B.

The last two years of Extra Life have maybe been the most disappointing content in GB history.

I highly disagree but then again I watched it all live except for Drew & Alexis one where I slept when they got to Jackbox & woke up to catch the finale live. I feel most of the appeal of EL is to be there in the moment.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think a lot about all the movies, books, articles, etc I could have read in the time I spend watching Giant Bomb content

it weighs heavy on me

Strax

I highly disagree but then again I watched it all live except for Drew & Alexis one where I slept when they got to Jackbox & woke up to catch the finale live. I feel most of the appeal of EL is to be there in the moment.

The appeal for me is to see the crew, no guests except maybe Alexis, stay up for 24 hours+ and play video games sleep drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom