• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

dotas dying tho

c8e36d355426f2e2676297256df535c3.png

Aren't we all?

Hindl

If PUBG can get GOTY despite not leaving early access I hope Jason asserts himself and gets Dead Cells on the list too

Lunar FC

Playing the BioShock 1 for the first time (I watched my brother play it when it first came out). But holy shit, this game has the worst map in video game history.

Edit: Any this shitty remaster just crashed and for some reason didn't auto-save anything. So I just lost an hour of play. Yeah, I think i'm done.

hamchan

GOTY list will just be a top 5 they all agree are great and a bottom 5 that will be each of their own personal best game that they want on the list despite no one else liking.

BigBoss

Playing the BioShock 1 for the first time (I watched my brother play it when it first came out). But holy shit, this game has the worst map in video game history.

Edit: Any this shitty remaster just crashed and for some reason didn't auto-save anything. So I just lost an hour of play. Yeah, I think i'm done.

Yup, they never fixed the random crashing, happens in Bioshock 2 as well.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I doubt PUBG will even be my multiplayer game of the year but it's good.

Also I don't think the take away is that the hate everything other than PUBG.

BearPawB

Banned
Not hate, but just not enjoy it or don't care. I feel like they are also missing so much games this year.

Like?
Gotta give examples. They may not have ALL played everything. But i can't think of a big game that has gotten ignored

PUBG is the game they are all playing right now. It isn't a surprise they are talking about it.

Also, it is totally one of those games that invade your brain. That positive tension is so hard to create in games. Dota stresses me out in a bad way. PUBG stresses me out in a beautiful way

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Not hate, but just not enjoy it or don't care. I feel like they are also missing so much games this year.

Eh, I feel like it's more that they're not super effusive? Which is fine.

I mean listening to these old GOTYcasts you kind of forgot how much they used to outright declare games as shit, more than they do currently.

GB has gone soft is all I'm saying.

derFeef

Like?
Gotta give examples. They may not have ALL played everything. But i can't think of a big game that has gotten ignored

PUBG is the game they are all playing right now. It isn't a surprise they are talking about it.

Also, it is totally one of those games that invade your brain. That positive tension is so hard to create in games. Dota stresses me out in a bad way. PUBG stresses me out in a beautiful way

That's the issue. I'm not talking about big games. Like have they covered Hollow Knight?

BearPawB

Banned
That's the issue. I'm not talking about big games. Like have they covered Hollow Knight?

I mean, they did a quick look. so..yeah?

I was just talking about how much I loved that game. So i really hope they play it more.
But for as much as I enjoy it, it really is just another metroidvania and I don't know if it does anything that unique or interesting outside of visuals.

(it is a great game don't get me wrong, but if you are meh on metroidvanias it isn't going to change your mind)

derFeef

I mean, they did a quick look. so..yeah?

I was just talking about how much I loved that game. So i really hope they play it more.

I am not super mad mind you, but that's my main issue right now. They quickly wash away most stuff that would be worth exploring more imo.

BearPawB

Banned
I am not super mad mind you, but that's my main issue right now. They quickly wash away most stuff that would be worth exploring more imo.

With Mary sharing the gospel of Hollow Knight I was hoping it would make Vinny more interested. But they really didn't seem to believe her that it was her game of the year so far.

oti

Banned
So the next big release is Splatoon 2. I bet East and Ben will play it a fair bunch. Jeff got the review code, so we'll see. They could create some fun content with the Horde Mode. Maybe they'll also stream the free Splatfest in two days.

derFeef

So the next big release is Splatoon 2. I bet East and Ben will play it a fair bunch. Jeff got the review code, so we'll see. They could create some fun content with the Horde Mode. Maybe they'll also stream the free Splatfest in two days.

I have the feeling none of that will happen with how Jeff talked about it in the Bombcast.
Also who has a Switch at home? Ben?

robotrock

Banned

I bet you Dan and Ben also got codes

oti

Banned
I have the feeling none of that will happen with how Jeff talked about it in the Bombcast.
Also who has a Switch at home? Ben?
The Horde Mode is not yet unlocked, even for reviewers. I mean they totally should at least play it once in a stream. It's the big new mode in Splatoon 2. And its difficulty scales from 0 up to 200 percent.

I bet you Dan and Ben also got codes
Nintendo doesn't give out review codes like candy usually. And if Ben did receive a code as well, why didn't he mention it?

Can someone bring Vexx back?

i remember nothing about vexx but that sudeki footage reminded me of it a bit. with the claws and all

Fuck that, bring back Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy or MediEvil.

You're better off playing the original release, I reckon. Never heard about how the remaster is but it sure sounds shitty.
huh

the net neutrality day is happening the same time metal gear was first released

THE COLONEL PREDICTED THIS

kiguel182

I’m probably buying a Switch this week or the next (depends if I find one) and altought I wanted to finish Horizon first I might as well buy Zelda. Not sure if I’ll be able to play both at the same time since they are similar but we’ll see. Hopefully I’m not ruining both by doing this.

I’m also excited for Splatoon 2! Never played the first but it seems like a ton of fun and I like fun!

Edit: they could do Splatoon content but we will get PUGB and we will like it.

derFeef

I’m probably buying a Switch this week or the next (depends if I find one) and altought I wanted to finish Horizon first I might as well buy Zelda. Not sure if I’ll be able to play both at the same time since they are similar but we’ll see. Hopefully I’m not ruining both by doing this.

I’m also excited for Splatoon 2! Never played the first but it seems like a ton of fun and I like fun!

Fun is verboten!

oti

Banned

Edit: they could do Splatoon content but we will get PUGB and we will like it.

Why don't you finish Horizon and play Splatoon 2 on your Switch for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom