• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

YYZ

People didn't know about dodge? o_O What the fuckity fuck? No wonder people have trouble on normal mode. That's one of the pillars of the whole combat system.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
YYZ said:
People didn't know about dodge? o_O What the fuckity fuck? No wonder people have trouble on normal mode. That's one of the pillars of the whole basis of the combat system.
I was talking about the dodge you can do when flying during the Icarus Vent sections. I would hope that people knew about the combat dodge. :lol

kikanny

RoboPlato said:
You can dodge really quickly using the right stick. A lot of people, including myself, didn't realize that.

Finished the game again myself last night. Got the
aMAZEd
trophy without even trying for it. Just have Hitman and finishing Titan to go for the Platinum.
WTF! I didn't know that.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Now I know why so many people were having difficulty with the Icarus Vent sections. I haven't died once on any of those. I guess I should have shared my secret earlier. :lol

protonion

Got my platinum and I'm done with the game.

Some tips for two tricky parts.

Cerberus
First head-dodge and attack with blades.
Second-rage of the gods
Third-Spam final level army of Sparta.With a full magic bar it will kill it.Then use the bow for the satyrs.

Zeus final part.
If you are away he won't make clones.Stay away and reflect his lighting and use the bow.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
After my first Titan playthrough, ive started an easy run last night for my last two trophies.

:lol :lol Wow, what a difference...i could play this with my eyes closed. The bosses even have less attack patterns
(at least Hades did)...

DasRaven

daxter01 said:
i did not know that and i ve finished gow3 times :lol

Same here, but I never had much trouble getting through those sections without it though.

Now, i'm off to start my "NewGame+" Chaos level playthrough, infinite magic and maxed weapons = constant Army of Sparta L3!

As difficult as it would be to achieve, I wonder if there's any hidden bonuses for a "0 death" playthrough.

Bliddo

RoboPlato said:
You can dodge really quickly using the right stick. A lot of people, including myself, didn't realize that.
So.... you never touched the right stick, not even by mistake?
I still find myself trying to adjust the camera with it sometimes, and end up rolling away

Bliddo

DasRaven said:
Now, i'm off to start my "NewGame+" Chaos level playthrough, infinite magic and maxed weapons = constant Army of Sparta L3!
I heard that the infinite magic in this glitch is quite random

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Bliddo said:
I still find myself trying to adjust the camera with it sometimes, and end up rolling away
During Icarus Vent sections. You can dodge while flying. I roll a lot. I love rolling Kratos around needlessly when wandering around.

kikanny

Bliddo said:
He meant it for the flying sections. You can apparently dodge using the right stick there.

EDIT: Beaten as usual.

onken

Yeah I turned off tutorials right at the beginning. Figured out vent dodging but got stuck for ages in the gardens because I didn't know you could rotate columns :lol

Doc Evils

I'm at the part where I have jumped down the tunnel to destroy the Judges, but the fucking dog is raping my butt. I'm playing on Titan.

Doc Evils said:
I'm at the part where I have jumped down the tunnel to destroy the Judges, but the fucking dog is raping my butt. I'm playing on Titan.

I lost so many times on that part, just keep focusing on killing that dog and ignore the Satyrs as best as possible until it's dead.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Can someone tell me how far I am into the game? I'm at the
part fighting on Kronos. He keeps killing me with his blow job and the dumb QTE.

Treb said:
Yay finally got the email for the second code of my Phantom of Chaos skin.

I finally got my GS skin code after a week, not that I need it.

Doc Evils

Pai Pai Master said:
I lost so many times on that part, just keep focusing on killing that dog and ignore the Satyrs as best as possible until it's dead.

I think I might just give up now and maybe try it tonight or tommorow.

ShinAmano

Anyone have any extra skin codes for trade or gift?

Looking for:
Apollo, Forgotten, Dominus

Have or have access to:
Morpheus, Phantom

Kak.efes

Avoiding the Satyrs just seems stupid to me. I was lucky enough to use Gorgon Serpent, and I froze both of them on the final phase of the Cerberus fight. Just use it when they're grouped together.

NO!R

Banned
Hey guyz, I have a bit of self-pimping to do.
I'm posting game impressions on YouTube, so if you care enough to see me ramble about games, head over here.

I'll be posting my GOWIII Hard Mode playthrough soon.

Aurarian

Just started Titan mode a few hours ago to pick up the last couple of trophies I have left for platinum. Those horses and Hades took a couple of tries... :lol I hope I can get it done before tomorrow.

NO!R

Banned
CrayzeeCarl said:
Use the "link" button to post a link because the link text gets shortened. Also, what's your "dumb question?"

NVM that, that was from the BFBC2 thread, which still hasnt been answered, and it's: How do you enable voice chat? :/

Here

Halcyon

Have there been any podcasts with extensive or in-depth gow3 discussion? They've talked about it a little on bombcast and a few others i've listened to, but nothing too spoilery or anything.

HalcyonTB12 said:
Have there been any podcasts with extensive or in-depth gow3 discussion? They've talked about it a little on bombcast and a few others i've listened to, but nothing too spoilery or anything.

Every podcast is saying so is such a good game, followed by shitting all over it because they do not know how to press the jump button twice.

People having issues with Kratos' character and not understanding why he is so angry.

Aurthor Geis of RebelFM said Dante's Infernos combat is better. /facepalm

Anyway, I just need to learn not to care about what these "jurnamalists" think of God of War III because it doesn't matter.

God of War III & Uncharted 2 is all I need as far as video games go.

Halcyon

Kos Luftar said:
followed by shitting all over it because they do not know how to press the jump button twice..

Yea i really don't understand this. The game feels exactly the same as GOW2 to me when I'm jumping around. I guess maybe it's because i'm always gliding to the next platform or something that I'm not having issues with this?

HalcyonTB12 said:
Yea i really don't understand this. The game feels exactly the same as GOW2 to me when I'm jumping around. I guess maybe it's because i'm always gliding to the next platform or something that I'm not having issues with this?

The platforming in GoW has never been particularly good, so saying 'b-b-but it's exactly like GoWII' isn't exactly a great defense. Sure the game has so much else going for it, but it is dissapointing that in the 3 years since GoWII they did absolutely nothing to improve upon it.

kikanny

Kos Luftar said:
Every podcast is saying so is such a good game, followed by shitting all over it because they do not know how to press the jump button twice.

People having issues with Kratos' character and not understanding why he is so angry.

Aurthor Geis of RebelFM said Dante's Infernos combat is better. /facepalm

Anyway, I just need to learn not to care about what these "jurnamalists" think of God of War III because it doesn't matter.

God of War III & Uncharted 2 is all I need as far as video games go.
Well said. These "videogame" journalists just come across as 10 year old fanboys sometimes. No wonder videogame media is being taken as a joke by everybody.

LosDaddie

Banned
I understand this is the official GoW3 thread, but I don't see the problem here. I've had a few times were the double jumping was a problem and I died. Nothing really to get all bent out of shape about though

Halcyon

Die Squirrel Die said:
The platforming in GoW has never been particularly good, so saying 'b-b-but it's exactly like GoWII' isn't exactly a great defense. Sure the game has so much else going for it, but it is dissapointing that in the 3 years since GoWII they did absolutely nothing to improve upon it.

I'm just talking about the double jumping. People are like falling to their deaths because they're saying the double jump is messed up. I'm just not having that problem because it feels exactly like the other games. I know the platforming isn't its strong point, but i don't think the game really requires all that much actual platforming, just jumping over gaps and whatnot.

Doc Evils

betweenthewheels said:
I'm surprised a few podcasts say the violence goes "over the line"

The game is so over the top in every regard, I don't get how it can be so offensive.

You know, I was showing someone how I executed
hermes
the other days with a long steak knife, and they didn't have the greatest look on their face.:lol

Doc Evils said:
You know, I was showing someone how I executed
hermes
the other days with a long steak knife, and they didn't have the greatest look on their face.:lol

Does this person know of God of War and Kratos?

I think if you have followed Kratos from the beginning there is nothing to be surprised.

The only thing I wish they did, was followed one of the ideas from the God of War I bonus videos, instead of making it into a god killing simulator.

Top Bottom