• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

evalue

Banned
Onemise said:
a little bit off topic & excuse me of this has been posted already.
God_of_Wii_by_enerjak-794083.jpg

:lol

thats incredible

skee

Neo Member
Torgo said:
Wow, I apologize. I will never post a gameplay video here again.

Fuck that man. They came to a God of War thread without wanting to see ANYTHING? REALLY? :lol Then they purposely clicked on a game play video. What the hell did they expect to see when somebody told them they uploaded a video of themselves playing? :lol These people just want something to bitch about, because like me, the wait for this is simply unbearable.

With that, I am out of this thread until the game arrives. Seeing pic after pic of people with the game is driving me nuts. My GOD this cant come soon enough!

Dogenzaka

Banned
I don't give a damn if you think it's not a spoiler, it is most definitely what I would consider a significant plot spoiler, if anyone wants to dispute that, this is what happened:

Kratos has just killed Kronos, heads to the demo level, before Gaia climbs up the mountain and can't climb any further. She's surprised to see Kratos alive and Kratos is furious that she left him alone. Kratos betrays Gaia, and cuts off her arm, causing her to fall off Mt. Olympus

Fuck that man. They came to a God of War thread without wanting to see ANYTHING? REALLY? Then they purposely clicked on a game play video. What the hell did they expect to see when somebody told them they uploaded a video of themselves playing? These people just want something to bitch about, because like me, the wait for this is simply unbearable.

Hey doofus.

Before he edited his posts, he labeled a video that is a CONSIDERATE PLOT SPOILER as one that has no spoilers.

This was his post before he edited:

Some short gameplay vids captured by myself. All are 720p:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkeN2lG4guY (Not a spoiler, trust me)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOYwTE3IXrg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SveTrDpEs_0

Enjoy

Simo said:
So now I'm hearing that with the whole ultimate edition shortage, some customers are being told by their Gamestop stores that if they don't receive the ultimate edition for the 16th then the next allocated shipment isn't going to be until the following week for the 23rd?!

Can Gaffers who work at Gamestop confirm or deny? If true and my store doesn't get any then I'm about to start RAGING!
http://i50.tinypic.com/2woytnc.gif[/mg][/QUOTE]

Yes it's true, I open tomorrow so hopefully the shipments come in or an update will e sent via email and I'll keep you all posted.

Loudninja

Dogenzaka said:
I don't give a damn if you think it's not a spoiler, it is most definitely what I would consider a significant plot spoiler, if anyone wants to dispute that, this is what happened:

Kratos has just killed Kronos, heads to the demo level, before Gaia climbs up the mountain and can't climb any further. She's surprised to see Kratos alive and Kratos is furious that she left him alone. Kratos betrays Gaia, and cuts off her arm, causing her to fall off Mt. Olympus
Than don't click on it its that simple.

rhino4evr said:
Ugh...just saw the commercial on TV for God of War 3..and a GOD DAMN Boss fight was shown right in the commercial!! I just can't stay away from spoilers even when I want to!!

EDIT..it looked sweet though...

What boss fight is in the commercial?

If you're referring to the crab/horse water thing, from watching the first 10 minutes, it's not *really* a boss fight.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Loudninja said:
So?if you trying not to get spoil why click on any vid?Sorry its your own fault if you watch it no one forced you.

I don't have a problem with generic gameplay videos that don't spoil anything--they don't spoil anything about the plot.

I don't usually click on video links, but not only did he label his video as just a gameplay video, he labeled it as not a spoiler, when it clearly was. Sure, he changed his post now, but the damage was already done
If he was telling the truth, there shouldn't be anything for me to worry about

This is not the spoiler thread, this is the official thread. If people want to post plot spoilers, they should post that shit somewhere else.

Gtfo.

Simo

Square Triangle said:
Yes it's true, I open tomorrow so hopefully the shipments come in or an update will e sent via email and I'll keep you all posted.

Awww shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I see you're in, or from, Michigan. I hope you don't work in the State St. GameStop otherwise you might see me coming in there turning over game stands and raging. :lol

Hype deflated.

Simo said:
Awww shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I see you're in, or from, Michigan. I hope you don't work in the State St. GameStop otherwise you might see me coming in there turning over game stands and raging. :lol

Hype deflated.

Lol nope, Metro Detroit area here. I'm sure they'll come in, I myself have the Ultimate Edition and can wait if needed- I'm hooked on FF13 and still have to beat the GoW: Collection before I dive into GoWIII :D

Dogenzaka said:
I don't have a problem with generic gameplay videos that don't spoil anything--they don't spoil anything about the plot.

I don't usually click on video links, but not only did he label his video as just a gameplay video, he labeled it as not a spoiler, when it clearly was. Sure, he changed his post now, but the damage was already done
If he was telling the truth, there shouldn't be anything for me to worry about

This is not the spoiler thread, this is the official thread. If people want to post plot spoilers, they should post that shit somewhere else.

Gtfo.
If you're that obsessive about being spoiled why even take the chance by watching videos?
Why even come into this thread until after you've beaten the game?

vazel

Banned
theignoramus said:
If you're that obsessive about being spoiled why even take the chance by watching videos?
I have to agree with this. Even when it's just safe gameplay videos I don't watch them. I think I only watched two videos for Heavy Rain ever. The trailers and demo and a few screenshots is enough for me for GoW3.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
theignoramus said:

The video specifically said the video was spoiler free, even though it revealed pretty big plot points. He's not being obsessive at all.

And this is an Official Thread, there shouldn't be any fear of getting spoiled without fully realizing it beforehand.

Dogenzaka

Banned
theignoramus said:

Because I've been here just fine without running into plot spoilers. People have been pretty courteous until now.

It's the exact opposite, I shouldn't be disallowed from coming here. Spoilers should be disallowed from being in here. This is not the spoiler thread. I'm not the only one that was misled by that poster.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
On a place like gamefaqs it would, but neogaf usually never gets stuff like that. I don't even think it was the original poster's intention to go out of his way to do that, but it still ended up containing a lot of spoilers.

BeeDog

I'm curious, question to those who have already played the game: is any of the stuff from the very first trailer of the game (the crow/eye, dark forest, shifting ground/cyclops parts) in the game at all, in some form?

KAOz

Short bus special
People who have completed the game. Two questions to you, and one being a spoiler about a POSSIBLE returning character.

Does the Captain, from God of War and God of War 2 return in a cameo? Please say he does. He kicked so much ass the quick bits he was in!

And, if you watched the credits. Was it right that Nolan North voiced Hades? He did a good job of it in the first game, so, yeah, is it really him again?

Solid

Some bloke wrote on GOW official forum that the game is massive, taking 35gb of space. Is that true? Then we 40gb-owners are fucked!

vazel

Banned
Solid said:
Some bloke wrote on GOW official forum that the game is massive, taking 35gb of space. Is that true? Then we 40gb-owners are fucked!
Installs have a 5GB limit. He was talking about data on the BD.

BeeDog

fuuuu-

Less than three hours left until the GoW3 event here in Stockholm. Getting pumped, although the nerdiness of it still scares me a bit (can't take much of it :p ).

KAOz

Short bus special
Bah, kick their asses BeeDog. And show everyone that you don't need to look nerdy to be a nerd. ;P

Also, tell us what the secret gift is! >_>

BeeDog

KAOz said:
Bah, kick their asses BeeDog. And show everyone that you don't need to look nerdy to be a nerd. ;P

Also, tell us what the secret gift is! >_>

It's probably a pat on the shoulder from Kratos or something. But I'll make sure to tell and even post a pic if it's something cool!

*honestly hopes it's a free copy of the God of War Collection :lol *

DihcarEM

KAOz said:
And, if you watched the credits. Was it right that Nolan North voiced Hades? He did a good job of it in the first game, so, yeah, is it really him again?

Nope thank god, the awesome Clancy Brown voices Hades in GOW3.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
it's hard to believe this is less than a week away.

hell, it's hard to believe I'm playing FFXIII at the moment.

time.

KAOz

Short bus special
DihcarEM said:
Nope thank god, the awesome Clancy Brown voices Hades in GOW3.

Awwww, damnit. =/ North was AWESOME as Hades in the first God of War.

But no doubt that Brown makes it amazing though. :p Just had to know.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Not sure if old... Sig Asmussen on the engine, and improvements in the future:

"Well, I think our studio will use this engine again," he told me today, "and it'll get better. And I think we're probably about 50- or 60-percent at it right now. I think there's a lot more we can do with it."

"I think individually our animations are incredible," he said, "and our animators are incredibly talented. But I think we could make our system technically better, in the way we blend animations. And I'm pretty sure that we already have the code to do that, and we just didn't implement it in God of War III because it came in real late."

He also points to other obvious engine improvements, including lighting, seamlessly transitioning from cut-scenes to gameplay, and more.

http://www.destructoid.com/gdc-10-g...game-s-visuals-could-be-improved-166638.phtml

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
MGS4 style seamless cutscene to gameplay transitions are one of those 'next-gen' bullet points that still get me all hot and bothered.

I wish more games did it, because as of right now I can't think of many that did it like MGS4.

BeeDog

Rez said:
MGS4 style seamless cutscene to gameplay transitions are one of those 'next-gen' bullet points that still get me all hot and bothered.

I wish more games did it, because as of right now I can't think of many that did it like MGS4.

Didn't Uncharted 2 do it too? I think I recall 2-3 parts in the game where they had seamless cutscene->gameplay transitions, most notably in the part after the train crash, and the camera pans onto Drake after the soldier walks past in the snow.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
BeeDog said:
Didn't Uncharted 2 do it too? I think I recall 2-3 parts in the game where they had seamless cutscene->gameplay transitions, most notably in the part after the train crash, and the camera pans onto Drake after the soldier walks past in the snow.
I think it did do it a few times, but it was always after an in-game cutscene I think. As there was usually a difference between the really important cinematic, extreme close-up featuring, extensive dialogue 'pre-rendered' scenes and those ones, they didn't stick out as much to me.

It might have to do with the giant HUD in MGS4 as well. I just remember that scene in the first Act where Meryl, Snake and Co head back into the villa as the FROGS attack. The HUD faded in as the camera gradually and cinematically re-positioned itself behind Snake. Shit like that blows my mind for no good reason.

rhino4evr

corrosivefrost said:
What boss fight is in the commercial?

If you're referring to the crab/horse water thing, from watching the first 10 minutes, it's not *really* a boss fight.
If it's not a "boss" it's still a completely bad ass looking moment that I would have liked to see first hand while playing, but oh well. I'm sure thmajoritt of the game will stil wow me.

rhino4evr

Rez said:
I think it did do it a few times, but it was always after an in-game cutscene I think. As there was usually a difference between the really important cinematic, extreme close-up featuring, extensive dialogue 'pre-rendered' scenes and those ones, they didn't stick out as much to me.

It might have to do with the giant HUD in MGS4 as well. I just remember that scene in the first Act where Meryl, Snake and Co head back into the villa as the FROGS attack. The HUD faded in as the camera gradually and cinematically re-positioned itself behind Snake. Shit like that blows my mind for no good reason.
That shit wows me too.

rhino4evr said:
If it's not a "boss" it's still a completely bad ass looking moment that I would have liked to see first hand while playing, but oh well. I'm sure thmajoritt of the game will stil wow me.

In order to sell the game, they needed to show impressive footage. Showing a large majority of the demo could probably be considered "false advertising", so they used footage from the trailer that was released back in mid February (?) timeframe.

From watching the first ~10 minutes of gameplay, that's the first non footsoldier creature you come into contact with. They probably said "we need something awesome looking... should we show something from much later in the game, or stick with footage from the trailer that the player will see in the first 10 minutes of gameplay.".. They went with the "safer" option here.

It may be a part of an eventual boss, sort of like how you fight all those single hydra heads before taking on the hydra in GoW, but I don't know and I'm waiting until I play to find out. :)

Don't get me wrong, I can understand what your point of view... but turn it into a positive... imagine that if that's something that you encounter in the first 10 minutes, how fuck-awesome is the rest of this game REALLY going to be? :D

Minamu

vazel said:
Installs have a 5GB limit. He was talking about data on the BD.
The new RE5 gold edition says 6000MB on the back.

And FF13 have those seamless cutscenes to battle transitions as well (in rare cases).

Preordered the game today :D Got about 30% off. Gamestop's preorder %'s have become really crappy :p

hey_it's_that_dog said:
So... you think he tricked people on purpose? I don't. Just an honest mistake that has since been corrected.
no, but if I were paranoid about being spoiled, I'd have doubts as to what he thought constituted a spoiler.

jhenedo

Banned
Rez said:

It does it more than a few times. The opening scene on the train, some parts in the museum, the parts after he runs away from a truck, the action scene in the crashing building where the helicopter blows through a wall, some parts in shambala and lots of other parts am sure i missed.

LevityNYC

Banned
I am so tempted to do a midnight release at GS, but the Amazon.com 10 dollar coupon + better price, + no tax ends up saving me 15 bucks.

rhino4evr

corrosivefrost said:
In order to sell the game, they needed to show impressive footage. Showing a large majority of the demo could probably be considered "false advertising", so they used footage from the trailer that was released back in mid February (?) timeframe.

From watching the first ~10 minutes of gameplay, that's the first non footsoldier creature you come into contact with. They probably said "we need something awesome looking... should we show something from much later in the game, or stick with footage from the trailer that the player will see in the first 10 minutes of gameplay.".. They went with the "safer" option here.

It may be a part of an eventual boss, sort of like how you fight all those single hydra heads before taking on the hydra in GoW, but I don't know and I'm waiting until I play to find out. :)

Don't get me wrong, I can understand what your point of view... but turn it into a positive... imagine that if that's something that you encounter in the first 10 minutes, how fuck-awesome is the rest of this game REALLY going to be? :D

yeah im not THAT upset, but I had come so far without seeing anything and then it just appears on my TV. I should have closed my eyes! Oh well. Can't wait till I can play this!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
jhenedo said:
It does it more than a few times. The opening scene on the train, some parts in the museum, the parts after he runs away from a truck, the action scene in the crashing building where the helicopter blows through a wall, some parts in shambala and lots of other parts am sure i missed.
mmm, true. all in-gameplay cutscenes though, not the cinematic ones, so it didn't really trigger the same reaction from me.

Top Bottom