• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Anarcrothe

Neo Member
In a recent interview for UGDB the Game Director of God of War III Stig Asmussen said: "I don't know is we are even close to 50% of PlayStation 3's power at this point."
In another question related to what parts of the game were ripped off and are not in the final version, Stig is talking for the first time ever for character named Exion, Cyclops as nearly big as titans, and one huge titan encounter that can come in the form of DLC. Stig is also talking for his dream project, who might play Kratos in God of War movie, what experiments the studio has tried with the save system, what to expect form the upcoming six-issue comic book, and when we should meet Kratos' brother.

rhino4evr said:
yeah im not THAT upset, but I had come so far without seeing anything and then it just appears on my TV. I should have closed my eyes! Oh well. Can't wait till I can play this!

I've not seen the add on TV yet. Only on the intertubes.

--

I'm going to try some more "local" type shops today to see if someone has it out early. A boy can dream. :D

Deepack said:
Is the first in-game trailer (the epic scale trailer) really in the game?

What, the part where they show
Kratos fighting on Gaia's arm against the horse-water-crab-thing?

If so, yes. It's in the first 10 minutes.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
corrosivefrost said:
What, the part where they show
Kratos fighting on Gaia's arm against the horse-water-crab-thing?

If so, yes. It's in the first 10 minutes.

Unless he's talking about the teaser trailer shown way back when.

If so, that wasn't in-game. It was CG. And who cares? It was just Kratos standing on some building.

Firewire

Banned
If my EB games doesn't have my Ultimate Edition on Tuesday I will rage up some ultimate chaos and destroy the place. Fuck knocking over magazine racks, I'll pick them up and smash peoples with it! In the end there will only be damaged magazine racks and broken bones.

Firewire said:
If my EB games doesn't have my Ultimate Edition on Tuesday I will rage up some ultimate chaos and destroy the place. Fuck knocking over magazine racks, I'll pick them up and smash peoples with it! In the end there will only be damaged magazine racks and broken bones.

And thrown glitter.

RavenFox

Banned
Anarcrothe said:
In a recent interview for UGDB the Game Director of God of War III Stig Asmussen said: "I don't know is we are even close to 50% of PlayStation 3's power at this point."
In another question related to what parts of the game were ripped off and are not in the final version, Stig is talking for the first time ever for character named Exion, Cyclops as nearly big as titans, and one huge titan encounter that can come in the form of DLC. Stig is also talking for his dream project, who might play Kratos in God of War movie, what experiments the studio has tried with the save system, what to expect form the upcoming six-issue comic book, and when we should meet Kratos' brother.
Woah would love to see those new Titans.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Anarcrothe said:
I really hope that some of these DLC plans, like these bosses and the supposedly cut epilogue, come out. I would not mind paying for stuff like that.

GuardianE said:

If so, that wasn't in-game. It was CG. And who cares? It was just Kratos standing on some building.

I just google searched what he was talking about and I can't comment on that... It's definitely done in the game engine, but as I've limited myself to the trailers, the GTTV special, and the german leak of the first 10 minutes of gameplay, I don't really know if that's in the game persay.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/epic-scale-god-of-war/45514

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It's nice and sobering to read Stig's comments about the animation system they use. It's true what he says, and it's probably my only complaint about the game technically. Their animations are much more detailed than in the first two games, but the way they play feels somewhat the same. it's like that with almost all other games too though, so it's not like theirs is the only one guilty of it.

Rez said:
I think it did do it a few times, but it was always after an in-game cutscene I think.
No, there were a couple of those in the temple where you have to move those hands up and down, and also on Borneo right before they enter the cave for example, and there weren't any bigger cutscenes before them.

Magnus said:
The major betrayal of one character by another isn't a spoiler?
:lol

I've played the game, so I'm not pissed myself, but that's not something I would have cared to know about in advance.

ummmmm, i didnt know this and it would've been nice to put spoiler brackets around it. i'm adding brackets in my quote in case it is a spoiler.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
corrosivefrost said:
I just google searched what he was talking about and I can't comment on that... It's definitely done in the game engine, but as I've limited myself to the trailers, the GTTV special, and the german leak of the first 10 minutes of gameplay, I don't really know if that's in the game persay.

lol "limited yourself"

That teaser isn't in-game. In-game now looks better than that teaser. :D

Denzar

GuardianE said:

Talking about the first trailer.

The one that starts with the crow pecking a corpse's eye out and ends with Kratos dangling from a Harpy while Gaia is climbing mount Olympus in the background and you went "oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit".

Firewire said:

Cant beleive it is a true limited edition, they are already shooting over £300 on ebay, double the retail value.

zoukka

Deepack said:
Talking about the first trailer.

The one that starts with the crow pecking a corpse's eye out and ends with Kratos dangling from a Harpy whilE Gaia is climbing mount Olympus in the background and you went "oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit".

Well it was using the in game assets. Who cares if it ever ran pre-rendered or not.

Denzar

zoukka said:
Well it was using the in game assets. Who cares if it ever ran pre-rendered or not.
I know. I'm not saying it's not, and I don't care if it's pre renderd. It was awesome and blew my mind at the time.

I just wanted to know if this part was in the game, because it's been over a year since that trailer was released. And it might have been cut.

vazel

Banned
kyo_daikun said:
Cant beleive it is a true limited edition, they are already shooting over £300 on ebay, double the retail value.
It's the hype effect. SFIV CE for PS3 was going for over $100 at launch but a few weeks later lowered to under retail price. So if you want to sell and make a tidy profit now's the time. I kind of wish I would've sold my SFIV CE when I had the chance... especially now with SSFIV coming out.

vazel said:
It's the hype effect. SFIV CE for PS3 was going for over $100 at launch but a few weeks later lowered to under retail price. So if you want to sell and make a tidy profit now's the time. I kind of wish I would've sold my SFIV CE when I had the chance... especially now with SSFIV coming out.

Awww I would sell it but I think im going to really like the game and I love my special editions (yeah im part of the problem)

Minamu

Woot GOW Collection arrived today! SO MUCH ANGER & RAGE!! :lol My blades are almost at lvl 4 already & I'm just about to save the Oracle in Athens. That was pretty damn fast o_O

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anarcrothe said:
In a recent interview for UGDB the Game Director of God of War III Stig Asmussen said: "I don't know [if] we are even close to 50% of PlayStation 3's power at this point."

... :O

EGM92

Just grabbed 3 copies of the game, sold 2, might keep one but I have the CE coming in on Tuesday.

2m2jme9.jpg

dread9

Banned
Hey guys im here in Westchester NY, got me a copy, unfortunately it was from a friend at gamestop so I cant allow peeps to go there, but videogamesny is selling them either today or tomorrow. Give em a call and ask or just head over if your in the area.

noah111

Still Alive
EGM92 said:
Just grabbed 3 copies of the game, sold 2, might keep one but I have the CE coming in on Tuesday.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2m2jme9.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
What does it say in the 'Only On' part? Seems like there's another word in there, but I can't make it out. It looks like 'exclusively for' but that would be pretty ridiculous.

JaseC

Sentry said:
What does it say in the 'Only On' part? Seems like there's another word in there, but I can't make it out. It looks like 'exclusively for' but that would be pretty ridiculous.

Canadian cover, judging from my imported copy of R&C: A Crack in Time. English + French all over the place.

Firewire said:
To all those that got the game early....FUUUUUUUUUU! :(

The game doesn't release until next Thursday here in Aus. :(

BeeDog

Just got back from the GoW3 event here in Stockholm, pretty sweet although I was a bit uncomfortable because of the general geeky atmosphere. :p Not for me.

Anyway, some stands were put up so you could play the game, and for those who have had the intro spoiled, you all know how amazing the first half hour is. Needless to say, the game's a technical showpiece; I truly said goddamn. There were some minor technical things I noticed, but I won't go deeper into them (unless TTP wants me to :p).

One nice touch that I haven't seen mentioned is when you walk up to the stone book piedestals that are scattered over the levels. When reading off them, you can pan the camera around and watch the awesome environments, and also zoom up on details! Very nice touch, and is a great compromise for those who always wanted to see more of the environments.

We also got to listen to a short-ish presentation from Adam Kuhl and Chris O'Neill, the combat and level designers respectively. Cool guys, answered the audience's questions excellently. Also, they showed off the game in projection, but 1) the volume was INCREDIBLY loud (ear-busting), and 2) it was the same part we had just played on the stands outside. :lol Still, cool.

Also, the "exclusive gift" wasn't "exclusive", it was a signed God of War 3 poster you got when preordering the game. Not a biggie, I preordered the CE (it was discounted), so I got one poster (there were apparently only 9 of them lulz).

Another thing: thankfully GT's review mostly includes footage from the first hour of the game or so, so they actually didn't spoil the game as much as I thought.

noah111

Still Alive
JaseC said:
Canadian cover, judging from my imported copy of R&C: A Crack in Time. English + French all over the place.
Ah I see, I forgot Canada uses the same ESRB stuff so I didn't notice. Congrats to those who got it, just watched GiantBomb's quicklook, really wish I hadn't though. :lol :(

JaseC

Sentry said:
Ah I see, I forgot Canada uses the same ESRB stuff so I didn't notice.

Same, I had to grab the cover to be sure before replying. :lol

Congrats to those who got it, just watched GiantBomb's quicklook, really wish I hadn't though. :lol :(

I almost did the same thing with Uncharted 2. Watched about 30-odd seconds of the Quick Look before switching it off.

corrosivefrost said:

That was the very first trailer debut on Spike TV a long time ago and was stated to be "real-time".

Denzar

Aaaaaaaah, game! Release already!

I can bare the wait, but the very thought that there are spoilers around every corner drives me nuts!

Nizz

Firewire said:
Guys don't look at Giant Bombs GOW3 Quick look.

HUGE SPOILERS!
I started watching and I got as far as maybe 10-15 seconds when I decided nah, I'm not gonna watch this. Gonna be rough till the end of the month for me. :(

KAOz

Short bus special
BeeDog said:
Stockholm-party-stuff

Yeah, that "gift" was rather disappointing really. And my friend felt so bad walking through Stockholm holding a signed poster of a half-naked Greek. :lol

Heard they took the piss out of Dante's Inferno a tiny bit aswel after being asked about it from the audience. Made me laugh. I also heard that it was amazing on the big screen, but, HOW amazing was it? And, did you fuck up infront of everyone when playing it? ;P

Mardil

I NEED this game, I played GoW II but I never played the first one, I'm really considering going to rent the collection, but I think that'll be too much GoW for me this month.

kikanny said:
Wha? India gets it before any of us? Huh...I just came back from India on Sunday...

Well, the game has been leaked in a lot of the Middle Eastern countries, which also serves as the source for the 'grey market' in India. Sony India and Milestone Interactive (their distribution partner) have decided to cut the losses from the 'grey market' sales by pre-poning the actual release. Great idea, actually :D

Top Bottom