• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
00011000 said:
i saw it. how'd ya know his weapons weren't upgraded?
The effect around each attack is still the level one effect. He also has over 50k red orbs. It's highly unlikely that he has upgraded anything that he's using.

The Chef said:
I wish I could find a better shot of it but when you first fall into the River Styx the composition of that scene with the lighting from the lamps and the water lapping up against the rocks is beautiful.

2vagh9s.jpg
I love this scene.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
god, Hades' Kids 2 and Switch Blade are sooo hard

for people who don't have the Exile challenges yet: hades' kids 2 makes you spawn 5 chimeras under a time limit. exactly as fun as it sounds. keep in mind that the goat stage is an evading coward and you're always bound to struggle with time

yet switch blade is on a different level of pain. I don't even know how you're supposed to kill 50 enemies under that strict of a time limit. insanity i tells ya!

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
00011000 said:
nope. therein lies the secret.

I think if you let go of the button he throws the enemy though, not sure.

I think he throws the enemy regardless of you holding the button or not. Anyway, it made things a little easier, but it's still ridiculously hard :lol I completed the matador challenge instead. Just 'get stoned' and 'bare hands' left.

Edit: For 'matador' I just stood at the edge, double-jumped when the minotaur tried to ram me, and let it fall to its death. L1 + square at the soldiers, rince and repeat for the next two waves of minotaurs and soldiers.

Amir0x

Banned
Man this game is so fucking mindbogglingly amazing. Every other game which says it's "epic" was just a silly pretender to the throne. I imagine it's going to be impossible for many action games to impress me after this, "spectacle"-wise.

When you turn the level up THIS high, it's kinda silly to try though. How the fuck do you compare to
bursting out of a Titan's innards and watching him squirm to try to keep his intestines from falling out
? I mean seriously. The people who made this were just like "fuck it how big can we go?"

I just beat the
Scorpion
and it feels like everything is winding down. There is going to be a God of War IV, right? Just tell me there will be so I feel better.

BeeDog

Mega-wat at that scan.

Scans aren't allowed, by the way.

EDIT: I'm stupid, probably an April Fool's (when it's not even the 1st yet).

Combichristoffersen

wtf at the scan. Are they making GoW fighting game DLC? :lol

Amir0x said:
There is going to be a God of War IV, right? Just tell me there will be so I feel better.

It is a secret to everyone.

SPOILER:
The game ends on a cliffhanger. Almost literally.

dralla

looks like 1v1 fighting. don't know why they'd waste time on something like that, maybe just trying things out for their next game

gumshoe

Banned
I am stuck at the fire Cereberus on hard mode :(

I get to the third form and I get annihilated by those satyrs.

The strategy that I am using is to use Claws of Hades for evading, and then kicking the dogs at the monster before they explode. (Form 1)

Form two: Use the Gorgon soul to freeze the first motherfucker, and this is pretty hard because that Gorgon keeps aiming at nothing.

Third form: Use whatever magic I have left on the two satyrs (usually the Exile magic or the Whip) and then use the Rage of Sparta and then I die :lol

The Chef

ryutaro's mama said:
Oh diddlyD is great analyzing things.

He analyzed the NBA Finals series last June and said:

:lol That is fantastic stuff.

Amir0x said:
Man this game is so fucking mindbogglingly amazing. Every other game which says it's "epic" was just a silly pretender to the throne. I imagine it's going to be impossible for many action games to impress me after this, "spectacle"-wise.

When you turn the level up THIS high, it's kinda silly to try though. How the fuck do you compare to
bursting out of a Titan's innards and watching him squirm to try to keep his intestines from falling out
? I mean seriously. The people who made this were just like "fuck it how big can we go?"

I just beat the
Scorpion
and it feels like everything is winding down. There is going to be a God of War IV, right? Just tell me there will be so I feel better.

See that's the thing with this game its not only mind-numbingly amazing its so amazing that it now makes it impossible for any other game to describe themselves as EPIC. Its just impossible. Nothing, nothing will be this nuts.

Amir0x

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
It is a secret to everyone.

SPOILER:
The game ends on a cliffhanger. Almost literally.

good because all other "epic" games are just worthless to play right now.

I beat the game a couple days ago, and while I enjoyed the gameplay, the story turned out to be so unbelievably stupid that it ruined the whole series for me. I just can't believe they used
Pandora's box in the story again. And then for them to reveal at the end that it's already empty because you had opened it in the first game, it really boggled my mind.
What the fuck were the writers thinking.

I mean, God of War was never the pinnacle of writing, but the story of this game really explored new levels of stupidity. I'm so disappointed.

Combichristoffersen

Amir0x said:

:'(

Galvanise_ said:
God of War III literally raised the EPIC bar now though. Dantes is a considerable distance below the bar. Good game, but its not GOW III.

Going by the demo, it's not even GoW 1 or 2. But it's a cheap substitute when you need a new GoW fix, I guess. I might get it after a price drop or two.

Schwowsers said:
I beat the game a couple days ago, and while I enjoyed the gameplay, the story turned out to be so unbelievably stupid that it ruined the whole series for me. I just can't believe they used
Pandora's box in the story again. And then for them to reveal at the end that it's already empty because you had opened it in the first game, it really boggled my mind.
What the fuck were the writers thinking.

I mean, God of War was never the pinnacle of writing, but the story of this game really explored new levels of stupidity. I'm so disappointed.

Well the actual myth is that there was something left in the box that went un-noticed.
That indeed was Hope and Athena knew that, being the Goddess of Wisdom. Kratos literally used hope to finish of Zeus, and then he set hope free among the world.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
:'(

Going by the demo, it's not even GoW 1 or 2. But it's a cheap substitute when you need a new GoW fix, I guess. I might get it after a price drop or two.
You mean you're judging this from the E3 demo? Yeesh, you ain't seen a thing.

Amir0x

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
You mean you're judging this from the E3 demo? Yeesh, you ain't seen a thing.

I think he's talking about Dante's Inferno

^ Re: Flying sections

I found them too easy honestly. I beat them all first shot. There is a fair bit window of opportunity for avoiding most pitfalls, and you can miss like 2 or 3 on even Titan Difficulty and still pass

Combichristoffersen

Amir0x said:

Yeah. Seriously, even the HD versions of GoW 1 and 2 had cleaner graphics than DI :lol

And the flying sections aren't bad overall. It's the one where
you fall down from the caverns into Hades
that I had the most trouble with, due to it going so fast at the end. But I did it on the second or third try.

LiquidMetal14

Amir0x said:

I found them too easy honestly. I beat them all first shot. There is a fair bit window of opporunity for avoiding most pitfalls, and you can miss like 2 or 3 on even Titan Difficulty and still pass
I just got up from nap with baby on lap, ignore me :p

nskinnear said:
Fuck these flying sections. Let's send Kratos down a narrow tunnel at 800 MPH and give him a 2 foot wide space to fly through. This is horrible.

The last one gave me the most issues. I hit one thing, and then because of the rubble caused by that, I hit another 4 or 5 in a row after that without being able to see a thing.

Amir0x said:

Bayonetta is big on spectacle, but it's more about flashy acrobatics than huge titans.

LiquidMetal14

LiquidMetal14 said:
QUESTION FOR THOSE WITH ULTIMATE EDITION

I see that the Challenges and Dominus skin are sharable but is the Unearthing the Legend Doc also? The voucher makes it seem like it is. Can someone enlighten me.
Anyone?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Amir0x said:

I found them too easy honestly. I beat them all first shot. There is a fair bit window of opportunity for avoiding most pitfalls, and you can miss like 2 or 3 on even Titan Difficulty and still pass

Are you any further past the last post you made? You still haven't reached the hardest/longest one, though I didn't find it very hard. It's just annoying if you mess it up once in a section loaded with obstacles because you get blinded.

CoG

Amir0x said:

I just beat the
Scorpion

I agree. Been playing games for over 30 years and this is the culmination of, like, everything. Fighting
Chronos
brought back memories of seeing the War God (always thought Jaffe ripped GoW title from that) in Forgotten Worlds for the first time. <1988>"WTF, a boss four screens high?!?"</1988>

6q8c9s.png

Epic.

Amir0x

Banned
Papercuts said:
Are you any further past the last post you made? You still haven't reached the hardest/longest one, though I didn't find it very hard. It's just annoying if you mess it up once in a section loaded with obstacles because you get blinded.

I just entered the
Labyrinth
, so a little bit. How much further to get to the most hard one?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Amir0x said:
I just entered the
Labyrinth
, so a little bit. How much further to get to the most hard one?

Right after that. And then the most hated fight in the game is right after THAT. :lol

Combichristoffersen

Amir0x said:
ok i bet it'll be easy too though

i know it to be true.

It's harder than the others, because
rather than flying, Kratos jumps off those giant crates and falls down to Hades, so at the end of the section you're going ridiculously fast

Edit: And yeah, right after that you fight
the fire cerberus and a couple of satyrs. Fucking satyrs.

Combichristoffersen

templeusox said:
Well, before the game came out Stig told HipHopGamer that he thinks they could make a good fighting game out of the engine. So...

Also, prior to the release of the game, one of the SSM guys talked about how some guy on the team wanted to make GoW III a first-person game
(something that made it into the game, sort of), so maybe the fighting game thing will also end up as being implemented via DLC..

Edit: And yeah, right after that you fight
the fire cerberus and a couple of satyrs. Fucking satyrs.

Lots of people have said this was hard. I didn't have any trouble at all. Cestus all the way.

NeoUltima

nskinnear said:
Fuck these flying sections. Let's send Kratos down a narrow tunnel at 800 MPH and give him a 2 foot wide space to fly through. This is horrible.
I am the only one in the world who enjoys those parts I guess.

Did anyone else smile when they found out Kevin Sorbo was going to voice
Hercules
in the game? I also love the fact that Zeus is voiced by the guy that did Shockwaves voice in the 1984 Transformers cartoon series.

Top Bottom