• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Amir0x

Banned
G-Fex said:
So how about a new IP with a Egyptian guy fighting off the Egyptian gods?

no?

I mentioned a long time ago that they should migrate the God of War themes to other mythologies. Norse has a LOT of potential incredibly epic shit. And so does Egyptian. Rome is a lot of recurring themes, obviously, due to the nature of their shared Gods and such, but hey...

G-Fex

Amir0x said:
I mentioned a long time ago that they should migrate the God of War themes to other mythologies. Norse has a LOT of potential incredibly epic shit. And so does Egyptian. Rome is a lot of recurring themes, obviously, due to the nature of their shared Gods and such, but hey...

So long as it isn't a retread then yeah it could work wonderfully. I like Egyptian building structures.

Amir0x said:

I don't know what to feel about that. God of War gameplay already had some backlash about feeling old. I don't think just switching the setting will be enough for a lot of people. sure it's a chance to completely overhaul the gameplay, but if SSM do it wrong, they'll only making a clone of their own game.

I hope whatever game they do next don't have any chained weapon that plays similar to GoW games. actually it'd be nice if they make slower paced action game like Demon's Souls.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD.

DAMN.

IT.

had "Get Stoned" beat. IT SAID CHALLENGE COMPLETE and then something hit me and i died. i HATE this game

Man

Amir0x said:
There's a big plot gap/opportunity between GoW1 and 2 where (divine)Kratos battles the world with his Spartan army. They could make a spin off series set in that period where he battles other gods (Norse..etc).

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
i_am_not_jon_ames said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD.

DAMN.

IT.

Bare Hands was 10x more irritating. The others were all pretty easy.

alr1ghtstart said:

Bare Hands is hard until you realize that you can just knock enemies off the side. Once you know that and get a strategy to do it the challenge is pretty simple.

ZeroRay

i_am_not_jon_ames said:

GOD.

DAMN.

IT.

had "Get Stoned" beat. IT SAID CHALLENGE COMPLETE and then something hit me and i died. i HATE this game

Happened to me too. Then I beat the challenge a few minutes later.

Just don't get frustrated. You game better that way. Then again I got the Callenge Trophy today and I beat Bare Hands and Get Stoned within 15 minutes. Guess I'm lucky. :lol

I was about to quit too since I thought I wouldn't have time left but the cyclops threw himself out of the arena with his attack. Guess I really am lucky now that I think about it.

-Winnie-

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
ugh. hahaha.

tips?

I didn't have much trouble with Bare Hands. Just wait until there's a big group of guys, then grab one and use him as a battering ram and just hit everybody else. Also helps to try and knock the big enemies off, or have them fall off with their lunging attacks.

Amir0x said:
I mentioned a long time ago that they should migrate the God of War themes to other mythologies. Norse has a LOT of potential incredibly epic shit.

They should totally mix that up with some sci fi stuff, that would be awesome.

bunbun777

am i the only one that found dog kicking completely useless?
just use your L dodge around the dog- gorgon the satyr- take off the second head, gorgon the second satyr- rage mode the third head then finish off the last satyr with full health-- use whatever-cestus i guess

it took me a few times-- now the platinum is mine.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
alr1ghtstart said:

What helped me was someone's advice here. Grab a skeleton then stear Kratos where u want to go and let go of the analog stick, and Kratos runs in that direction.

G-Fex

Of not Mythology why not something of fairy tales then there's a lot of Mythology to those, something like those Fables comics I heard a lot about.

bunbun777

For me the Get Stoned was the most difficult challenge: then i figured out if

you block and 'fail' the block- you will be instantly stoned, this helps alot in deciding when you want to initiate --also killing the souls gets you a little life if needed

Why are there not more costumes after titan mode? I still only have the fear skin-- i've seen 2 or 3 dlc skins-- seems lame :/

I was hoping for an aphrodite skin...

The Chef

Damn this is going to sound dumb but when you guys say Gorgon the Saytr how is that possible since there are no Gorgon Queens around?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
The Chef said:
Damn this is going to sound dumb but when you guys say Gorgon the Saytr how is that possible since there are no Gorgon Queens around?

They refer to the Soul/Magic stuff you can summon with the blades you get from Hades.

You need to upgrade it a bit for that Gorgon soul to be available. You then select it via Triangle in the weapons menu.

Edit . yeah, better spoil tag that :p

Raist

Banned
The Chef said:

R2 with Hades' Claws. Have to be upgraded to lvl3 tho IIRC.

gumshoe

Banned
FINALLY!!
I beat Cerberus and the other two suckers in hard mode :D .... The most satisfying battle in the game. I barely had any health when it ended. :lol

Here is how I did it:

First stage: I did not bother to use my weapons on Cerberus, except the occasional arrow. All I did was kick the dogs on him until the O command showed up. But.... I didn't press O, I waited until he got up again and did the same thing over and over until my Rage of Sparta was full.

Second stage: I used the Nemesis Whip R2 magic the entire time until the Satyr died, then I basically kept kicking dogs at Cerberus until the O command came up.

Third stage: I had a little bit of magic left, so I used it one time and then I immediately turned on the Rage of Sparta and kept hitting Cerberus until the O command came up. And then there were two... I forgot that the Satyrs don't disappear, so I had to actually fight them :lol I basically just used the Cestus on them the entire time, and grabbed them whenever I got the chance. One more hit and I would have died. o_O

NeoUltima said:
I am the only one in the world who enjoys those parts I guess.

They were okay, until the diving one... on Titan that gave me fits.

Imagine my surprise when I finally got through it and was greated with the fire cerberus bs. :lol

--

Are there any good hi-res screen caps somewhere? I'd love to use one as my background on my laptop.

nskinnear said:
That's actually the only one that gave me trouble. It must have taken me at least 10 tries to beat it, but I beat the other ones right away.

Yeah, pretty much... that last one forced me to figure out how to use the dash command in those sections... i just used the left analog until that dive.

Welcome to the god of war series platinum club, btw. :D

jett

D-Member
Man the bow of apollo is ridiculously overpowered, I don't think they playtested thing is right. :p It makes a lot of battles a complete breeze even in Chaos mode.

Jubs

Did anyone notice that you can see a part of
Cronus' face buried in Hephaestus' Forge after you kill him?
I just saw it, and I was like, "Woah. How did I not see that?"

Cesar

Banned
Jubs said:

Did not see that either.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jubs said:

And did you realize
you can hit Hephaestus' head after he dies and that by doing so a few times it (the head) stays up?

My first Platinum. Yay!

And to those having trouble with 'Get Stoned', I too was having a hell of a time until I realized that you can spam the counter on the Gorgon stare. Just block when the stare hits you, fail the counter, and there you go, instant stone. Once I utilized this I had no trouble at all. When the shit gets really crazy, just do your best to keep your distance, and if you're in the clear and a stare hits you, just counter, fail, instant stone. No waiting needed.

Jubs

TTP said:
And did you realize
you can hit Hephaestus' head after he dies and that by doing so a few times it (the head) stays up?

Yeah, I'd go in and out of
Aphrodite's portal to reset it so I could keep punching it.

JaseMath

Beat the game - extreme awesome for the most part. Just one question about the ending...

Kratos was resurrected via the Phoenix?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just finished up Titan and got my Platinum! :D

Overall I thought Titan was just a little bit harder than what I would play for fun. The regular enemy encounters were a lot of fun but a lot of the bosses were just frustrating. A difficulty between God and Titan would have been perfect for me. If I ever play Chaos, it'll just be to laugh at how much I get my ass kicked.

I loved the game overall. I liked the other two GoW games but this one is on a whole other level. It's only my third Platinum, with the other two being both Uncharteds, so getting that is a testament to how much I liked it.

Zeliard

nskinnear said:
Fuck these flying sections. Let's send Kratos down a narrow tunnel at 800 MPH and give him a 2 foot wide space to fly through. This is horrible.

The first one wasn't bad. But the one near the end of the game before you face that big Cerberus is probably one of the worst segments in any videogame ever. Adding shit like that is just so ill-advised, especially when the core fucking gameplay is already great.

Just stick to what you're good at and stop adding horrible gameplay segments in the name of "variety". I'm looking at you too, Dead Space. And Bayonetta.

jett

D-Member
nskinnear said:
There are some great gameplay screens here (SPOILERS, obviously): http://scrawlfx.com/gallery/god-of-war-iii/

Man GOW3 is just retardedly good looking, I'm almost too abosrbed in the game itself to fully realize how seriosuly amazing it looks while I'm playing.

God-of-War-III_2010_03-08-10_27.jpg

God-of-War-III_2010_03-08-10_14.jpg

God-of-War-III_2010_03-08-10_15.jpg

God-of-War-III_2010_03-08-10_10.jpg

God-of-War-III_2010_03-08-10_09.jpg

lol dante's inferno

ZeroRay

And people thought it would be a disappointment graphically based on the 2008 Spike TV awards footage.

I'll have to keep in mind that a Sony title shown off a while before release will look exponentially better when it ships.

Top Bottom