• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
Just tried one of the places in NYC, they sound thoroughly annoyed so yeah, it's looking like Monday. :lol

I can totally see that... I'd be annoyed too if i'm getting thousands of calls for GOW3.:lol

dragonflys545 said:
I can totally see that... I'd be annoyed too if i'm getting thousands of calls for GOW3.:lol

Well then, they should sell a copy early, and word of mouth will spread, and they'll not get calls but tons of sales. :D

Whatever, hahaha. I just wanted something to do over the weekend I guess. Looking back, all I've REALLY gotten early from this joint are the un-recalled LBP (a Friday) and Uncharted 2 (a Monday)

Feindflug

I just came back home from a local store with a beautiful PAL copy of God Of War 3 (traded in Overlord II and that POS called Dante's Inferno) in my hands.

Can't wait to start the game! :D

careksims

Feindflug said:
I just came back home from a local store with a beautiful PAL copy of God Of War 3 (traded in Overlord II and that POS called Dante's Inferno) in my hands.

Can't wait to start the game! :D

The gods are pleased. You lucky bastard!

KAOz

Short bus special
Combichristoffersen said:
What did they say? :lol

My friend told me that they joked about the likeness of it to God of War, and if they made a sequel they should come up with something bit more.... original. He did say that they said more aswell, but didn't specify.

Digital-Hero said:
I just canceled my God of War III Ultimate Edition and pre-ordered the regular version. I feel much better.

Why did you cancel it? Just too expensive or did you actually see someone's in person and thought that it is not worth it? Let me know because I will be picking mine up on Tuesday.

bulovski said:
Yup - confirmed. Got a call from the official distributor and they're shipping it. Damn I wish I was in Mumbai - could've picked it up personally from the store. Hate waiting for couriers.

Yup, Prashant is shipping out copies tomorrow as well... HYPE ZOMGOW3!!!!!!

Jim

Did anyone else beat the game on Titan (Hard) yet? The
fight towards the end with the huge fire cerebus
was such a pain in the ass. The part where
2 Satyrs rush you after you take off the second head
kept screwing me up.

Some of the battles were damn tough on Titan. Very satisfying once you finally figure out a strategy that works (or get lucky).

rhino4evr

sweetvar26 said:
Why did you cancel it? Just too expensive or did you actually see someone's in person and thought that it is not worth it? Let me know because I will be picking mine up on Tuesday.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the shipping shortage a few people posted about?

SOunds like there will be plenty of Ultimate Editions floating around if they get delayed a week. I don't think any hardcore fan willing to spend $100 for GoW3 is going wait a week to play it

Mystic654

Digital-Hero said:
I just canceled my God of War III Ultimate Edition and pre-ordered the regular version. I feel much better.

I just did the same thing. Going to put extra money toward Dragon age Expansion or Something else.

Leatherface said:
God, the wait is torture! =O

I've planned a day off of work for a release day gaming marathon! Haven't done that in ages!! :D

I was thinking about doing that, I haven't schedule day(s) off for gaming since the Dreamcast launch.

I'm definitely not going to class that night.

rhino4evr

Leatherface said:
God, the wait is torture! =O

I've planned a day off of work for a release day gaming marathon! Haven't done that in ages!! :D

Ha..Im out of town from March 16th-19th..so the game will be sitting in my mailbox while Im away at a work trade show!!!!

UPDATE regarding the Ultimate Edition, talk to my DM- seems Sony has cleared the issue up. We got only a quarter of our reserves in today so... I assume the remaining will arrive right before the launch.

BeeDog

KAOz said:
My friend told me that they joked about the likeness of it to God of War, and if they made a sequel they should come up with something bit more.... original. He did say that they said more aswell, but didn't specify.

True that, they said that hopefully they can take the (inevitable) sequel on a more original path, but they were still flattered that they had made a successful game that other developers aped. He also said "well, why go for the copy when you can get the original?!" which made people smirk. :p

KAOz said:
I also heard that it was amazing on the big screen, but, HOW amazing was it? And, did you fuck up infront of everyone when playing it? ;P

I never played the game on the big screen, found the incredibly loud volume inside that room unbearable to say the least, so avoided it. The game's AWESOME, and I'm surprised at how dynamic it actually was (
you could still maneuver Kratos and attack even when the ground shifted in some parts, gave sort of a dynamic feeling
). I think I did a pretty good job at the game while playing, but it's surprisingly harder than I thought it'd be (died two times on the first boss on Normal).

The only thing that disappointed me was (INTRO SEQUENCE SPOILERS)
the amount of clear videos with a bit of macro-blocking. For example, the whole intro sequence with the gods jumping down towards the titans is a video, and also the part where Kratos Dragon Ball Z-tackles Poseidon out of his water body was an obvious video cutscene.
To be honest, the true ingame parts often looked better than the videos (higher framerate and the amazing anti-aliasing). Seriously, this AA technique is GOLD, GOLD I tell you.

-viper-

Banned
Rez said:
MGS4 style seamless cutscene to gameplay transitions are one of those 'next-gen' bullet points that still get me all hot and bothered.

I wish more games did it, because as of right now I can't think of many that did it like MGS4.
I completely agree. It was also a very cool feature of KZ2. Hope this is in GOW3. Would make the game feel so much more epic :p

Ultimate edition is definitely interesting, wonder what that case is made of, I doubt it would be metal, but if it is, thats a win.

Animator

How many pages is that art book? It looks pretty damn small next to the game disc. I am getting cold feet with the ultimate edition :(

RavenFox

Banned
Square Triangle said:
UPDATE regarding the Ultimate Edition, talk to my DM- seems Sony has cleared the issue up. We got only a quarter of our reserves in today so... I assume the remaining will arrive right before the launch.
Damn Digital-Hero just got pwned. As soon as he gave up there right back on schedule lol

noah111

Still Alive
Just wondering (sort of random) but why isn't the Santa Monica Studios logo on the front of the box (i.e. in-between the ESRB and SCEA)? Found it a bit odd, anyways..

Also, Ultimate Edition, not really worth it imo.

RavenFox said:
Damn Digital-Hero just got pwned. As soon as he gave up there right back on schedule lol

People have been in since yesterday talking of canceling their preorder as if they're sending a statement to Sony or something.

Sentry said:
Just wondering (sort of random) but why isn't the Santa Monica Studios logo on the front of the box (i.e. in-between the ESRB and SCEA)? Found it a bit odd, anyways..

Also, Ultimate Edition, not really worth it imo.

The two soundtracks included threw me over to pay more, the box is awesome but it'll end up staying in it's package. I just enjoy collecting items of stuff I love. God of War is one of them.

crpav

So is the Ultimate Edition worth it or not? I have it preordered but not sure I want it now. I am a collector and all but it's hard to justify $110 for something that may not be worth it....aka Halo 3 Legendary Edition. I bought that at full price and we all know how that went....

I have Kratos as my FB pic for little over a month now :D This specifically. In order to celebrate the arrival of GoW 3, I wanna put a new pic of Kratos up there. Anyone have any links to cool renders/artwork of Kratos? Thanks!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
<3

4427674656_f17fc6a47d.jpg

Dogenzaka

Banned
crpav said:
So is the Ultimate Edition worth it or not? I have it preordered but not sure I want it now. I am a collector and all but it's hard to justify $110 for something that may not be worth it....aka Halo 3 Legendary Edition. I bought that at full price and we all know how that went....

I'm at odds too. I may score a leftover UE copy at my store, but I'm still debating on whether the extra $40 is worth it or not.

I forsook my AC2 master assassin edition, and it bit me in the ass later considering how high I could have sold it.

I want this simply because it comes with content that you can't get otherwise. Like the challenge arenas and extra costumes.

Top Bottom