• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Dogenzaka said:
I'm at odds too. I may score a leftover UE copy at my store, but I'm still debating on whether the extra $40 is worth it or not.

I forsook my AC2 master assassin edition, and it bit me in the ass later considering how high I could have sold it.

I want this simply because it comes with content that you can't get otherwise. Like the challenge arenas and extra costumes.

They're going to make the extra stuff available on PSN after awhile. Just like they did with that exclusive inFamous power. I see no reason why they wouldn't... especially if they package it up as a cashgrab. And I'm stupid enough to pay for it too.

Wesker

Question about a boss

Is Hephaestus a real boss?
I saw some pics of him, but will we fight against him?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
holy shit, did I just see what I thought I did :lol

a music-button pressing mini game :lol :lol

RavenFox

Banned
MarkMan said:
<3

4427674656_f17fc6a47d.jpg
fuck%20you.gif

Simo

Square Triangle said:
UPDATE regarding the Ultimate Edition, talk to my DM- seems Sony has cleared the issue up. We got only a quarter of our reserves in today so... I assume the remaining will arrive right before the launch.

Awesome.

Hopefully then my Gamestop got theirs in then and I'll be good to go for the midnight launch but I'll wait until Monday like they said before I give them a call. Cheers for the update.:D

Though before this I did call the nearest Best Buy and while they hadn't received them yet they did assure me they'd have the UE on Tuesday and didn't need a preorder.

Dogenzaka

Banned
corrosivefrost said:
They're going to make the extra stuff available on PSN after awhile. Just like they did with that exclusive inFamous power. I see no reason why they wouldn't... especially if they package it up as a cashgrab. And I'm stupid enough to pay for it too.

That was 7 months later.

Not sure if I'm going to care about GoW3 in October.

Just started the God of War Collection version of II this morning in preparation for Tuesday. I know it's already been talked about but I can't believe how great it looks. I thought part 1 looked good but I wasn't prepared for how amazing this one turned out.

Makes me wish more developers would put out re-releases like this.

Dogenzaka

Banned
CloakedPuppet said:
Just started the God of War Collection version of II this morning in preparation for Tuesday. I know it's already been talked about but I can't believe how great it looks. I thought part 1 looked good but I wasn't prepared for how amazing this one turned out.

Makes me wish more developers would put out re-releases like this.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'd flip my lid if Team Ico released Ico and Shadow of the Colossus on one Blu-Ray. Best combo deal ever <3 and with TROPHIES

Dogenzaka said:
Yeah I'm pretty sure I'd flip my lid if Team Ico released Ico and Shadow of the Colossus on one Blu-Ray. Best combo deal ever <3 and with TROPHIES

Absolutely. That's one of the one's I was thinking about.

MGS2 and 3 would be very cool as well.

MyEpitomeCliché said:
No angle or shady tactics, just merely curious. I couldn't return it anyway, as I'm sure there isn't a bar-code on back.

:lol Figured that's what it was, someone else thought of just switching out the copies of regular with their sealed Collector's in hopes of returning it. SCEA places a "NOT FOR RESALE" in place of the barcode, so unless the person at the register was blind..no go.

NoctisXIII said:
This boxart OMG... I hate it...

This one was better :

gow3e.jpg

Anyway, lucky you :(

Totally disagree. I think the III boxart is some of the best I've seen in a while. Simple, straight-forward and eyecatching.

newsguy

Hey all, I was wondering how long GoW2 is. I beat 1 and Chains on the PSP, so it's all I have left to play before 3. I kind of wanted to have a marathon session for a couple of nights.

Square Triangle said:
UPDATE regarding the Ultimate Edition, talk to my DM- seems Sony has cleared the issue up. We got only a quarter of our reserves in today so... I assume the remaining will arrive right before the launch.
Hooray I was a little worried that I would have to make some tough choices.

newsguy

nskinnear said:
It's a pretty long game; somewhere over 10 hours. The actual game length varies depending on skill, whether or not you collect all the items, etc.

What the what?! Leave it to me to wait till the last minute and the game turns out to be long.

game is awesome so far. Amazing Scale and level design Good Combat, god awful platforming and camera angle.

This game REALLY misses camera control.

LowParry

MarkMan always has to give us gamers blue balls. At least he made me a nice arcade stick to play my fighters on.

shagg_187 said:
I fucking hate posts with as minimal information as possible...
Agreed. You're a gaffer now - we're a family dammit!! Everytime I get a game early I let people know exactly where it is (U2 almost a week early, etc).
I don't live in TO anymore so it doesn't really affect me but still... Sharing is caring, etc.

I just received a Best Buy notification saying that my Ultimate Edition "ready" to be shipped! Supposedly the package will be shipped out on Monday. And on Tuesday I'll be receiving the regular retail copy from Amazon thanks to Release Day shipping. Woohoo! Now to try and beat GoW2 by Sunday.

Revolutionary said:
Agreed. You're a gaffer now - we're a family dammit!! Everytime I get a game early I let people know exactly where it is (U2 almost a week early, etc).
I don't live in TO anymore so it doesn't really affect me but still... Sharing is caring, etc.

When ever i get games early, i let people know too. FUCK I hate these people :lol :(

Magnus

chandoog said:
holy shit, did I just see what I thought I did :lol

a music-button pressing mini game :lol :lol
I can't believe I forgot to comment on that. That was so fucking out of place and hilarious. :lol

luffeN

Jim said:
Did anyone else beat the game on Titan (Hard) yet? The
fight towards the end with the huge fire cerebus
was such a pain in the ass. The part where
2 Satyrs rush you after you take off the second head
kept screwing me up.

Some of the battles were damn tough on Titan. Very satisfying once you finally figure out a strategy that works (or get lucky).

This part and the one where
you are in the labyrinth the first time and like 7 golems attack you kind of... so freaking lame :( and you didn't get health and I only played on normal, damn :( and yeah, the cerberus part near the end, wow, hate was in the room xD

so what is the super uber thing geoff hyped so much about the ending??

robotzombie said:
Did someone really just follow up "its a really long game" with "10 hours"?
I played through it today with a friend in one session and maybe it was my fatigue but it kinda went on for too long near the end thus probably counting as long? I don't know

Canova

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Ugh... I'll do the honor of asking: Where in Mississauga???

srsly!!!!

wtf is wrong with these people? and they call themselves Canadian?!? Canadians I know are nice and help each other out

NoctisXIII said:
This boxart OMG... I hate it...

This one was better :

gow3e.jpg

Anyway, lucky you :(

Hell yeah!

This is one of the best covers I've ever seen. I thought, "WOW, finally sony doesn't release an ugly cover", but noo.

Top Bottom