• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

CloakedPuppet said:
Totally disagree. I think the III boxart is some of the best I've seen in a while. Simple, straight-forward and eyecatching.

I'm with you. Screw that generic comic book shit. I think it's on the inside artwork under the disc... so the people who want something different can just reverse the cover. Or print a custom.

nskinnear said:
I said it's a pretty long game, and it's over 10 hours. I think Dogenzaka was the one who reported beating the game in 18 hours. Others have beaten it in 12 or so. Like I said, the game's length varies depending on the player. Besides, 12-18 hours is long for a game like God of War.
Took me 17 something hours to beat it in God difficulty. I'm currently trying to finish it in Titan difficulty before Tuesday. I just got in the Atlas level with 12 hours in.

Magnus

So, who else is done and wants to talk about that ending? :lol

I'm pretty sure I kept punching him with a solid, blood red screen for over 30 seconds.

:lol

nib95

Banned
Magnus said:

I'm pretty sure I kept punching him with a solid, blood red screen for over 30 seconds.

Same lol.

Olivero

In preparation for the release of GoW III I have began playing through GoW Collection. Never played it before!

Having a fun. I finish GoW I earlier. Some of the puzzles made me want to murder something, though.

Now on GoW II - just arrived at Creation Island.

Baha

DevelopmentArrested said:
I think there's a reason people are secretive about these things dude...
aka burning a store breaking release dates on a public forum aint kosher.

That's why PMs exist, they could at least use that function instead of teasing the rest of us here.

Weenerz

Banned
Aren't the LE guides rare or something or am I making that up? My local Gamestop had 3 extra copies to sell after their preorders got filled.

professionals[...] seem to agree that God of War 3 is a game that has some nice graphic climaxes in certain areas that Sony was happy to use in screenshots, trailers, and in demos; however, the actual God of War 3 game is filled with plenty of graphic lows that don't look good at all. In fact, several reviews pointed out that you spend far more time looking at "good" graphics than "great" graphics.
Those that have the game: any credibility to this?

theignoramus said:
Those that have the game: any credibility to this?

I thought that came from a review. But no, it's from some random comment at Edge Online by a guy trolling GoW3. Why even ask if it's credible?

-Winnie-

OceansAndEarth said:

Stealth tease for next God of War, staring Indra the Indian God of War.

Indra.jpg

Okay, I'll shut up now.

Fellow Canadians, location for Midnight launch are as follows:

- EB Games: http://www.gamestop.ca/stores/gs_playstation.aspx (Official PlayStation Street Teams will be on 2 locations for you to enjoy God of War 3 before it releases. There'll be tons of giveaways PLUS a draw for a PlayStation prize pack which will include a 250GB PlayStation 3, a Red Dual Shock 3 controller and the God of War collection).
- Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.ca/EN-CA/GodOfWar.aspx (Free God of War T-shirt for first 100 people in store locations mentioned. Other stores will have minimum of 25).
- Future Shop - http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/godofwar.aspx (Official PlayStation Street Teams will be on 2 locations for you to enjoy God of War 3 before it releases).

So the God of War lawsuit from a few years ago has been dismissed

Sony Computer Entertainment and game designer David Jaffe have just put one such nuisance to bed after a California federal judge threw out a copyright infringement claim by two individuals who said they conceived the idea behind the game "God of War."

In the lawsuit, Jonathan Bissoon-Dath and Jennifer Dath claimed they submitted two treatments and two screenplays concerning a Spartan attack on Athens and the resulting series of tasks initiated by the Greek Gods to restore peace. The story roughly describes the mythology involved in the founding of the Olympic Games.

We'd like to imagine Judge Patel sitting in her chamber playing PlayStation for hours; however, it appears she relied heavily on plot notes and expert analysis. The discussion of similarity generally goes something like this: "While violence is not absent from plaintiffs' works, it lacks the thematic centrality and intensity seen in 'God of War.' For instance, plaintiffs' protagonist refuses to kill such an 'amazing animal' as the rampaging Nemean Lion and instead transforms the beast into his 'tamed pet.'"

http://thresq.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/03/judge-declares-peace-over-sonys-god-of-war.html

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
For anyone who has the retail game, I was wondering, does Kratos still have the Icarus lift move? In the demo it was L1+X but it sounds like that command has been reassigned to another function. Does that mean no more cool ass vertical jump with wings?

Le-mo

Square Triangle said:
:lol Figured that's what it was, someone else thought of just switching out the copies of regular with their sealed Collector's in hopes of returning it. SCEA places a "NOT FOR RESALE" in place of the barcode, so unless the person at the register was blind..no go.
I've seen plenty of games with the tag "NOT FOR RESALE" in the back of the game case for sale at my local Gamestop. :lol

Animator

Le-mo said:
I've seen plenty of games with the tag "NOT FOR RESALE" in the back of the game case for sale at my local Gamestop. :lol

Yea I have traded not for resale games before. They dont give a shit.

antispin

Hi guys, our review if anyone is interested. Reviewer found it too violent but lots of fun:

God of War III is one of the most violent and gruesome games I have played since Manhunt. Even the violence depicted in the first two games pales in comparison to what you will experience in God of War III. During the course of the game, I actually started disliking Kratos as he goes on a spree of mindless violence... I appreciate that this is a story about a God of War and violence is to be expected; however at the end of the day, there has to be something left to fight for...

So, is this the game for you? If you are expecting all that was the God of War games on the Sony PlayStation 2, but at a much grander scale, then you should get your copy of the game immediately... God of War III is quite simply, a relentless and an epic bloodbath from the start, right till the credits start rolling.

luffeN

Magnus said:

yeah, me too! xD but what is this huge epic thing in the end geoff talked about? :/

Shaka

Some cunt posted the GOW III ending up at Gametrailers!!
Question for those who have finshed, just to confirm.
Does Kratos kill himself at the end?

luffeN

Shaka said:

well, it seems that
he kills himself, but after the credits there is another short sequence and Kratos isn't there anymore! Still alive? I have to watch it again xD

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Shaka said:

I watched the ending at YouTube, and it does seem like he commits suicide, yeah ;_; I'd like to have this 100% confirmed though

Zzoram

For someone who has very little patience for difficult action/fighting games or difficult platforming, is God of War III worth playing? How hard is Normal difficulty, and is there an Easy?

I got a few levels into Ninja Gaiden Black on easy but it got frustrating, I don't like losing 20 times in a row to the same enemy. I managed to beat Devil May Cry 4 on Easy and Normal though, with some difficulty on Normal.

Shaka

banKai said:
well, it seems that
he kills himself, but after the credits there is another short sequence and Kratos isn't there anymore! Still alive? I have to watch it again xD
Oh well it sucks but I had the feeling that's how it would end. I guess the build up is more important than the reveal in this case. I almost had a heart attack when I realised what I just read where GOWIII spoilers, I was doing so well avoiding them. :lol
Zzoram said:
For someone who has very little patience for difficult action/fighting games or difficult platforming, is God of War III worth playing? How hard is Normal difficulty, and is there an Easy?

I got a few levels into Ninja Gaiden Black on easy but it got frustrating, I don't like losing 20 times in a row to the same enemy. I managed to beat Devil May Cry 4 on Easy and Normal though, with some difficulty on Normal.
You should be able to do the same with the GOW games.

ZeroRay

Zzoram said:

From what I hear, Normal is manageable with some difficult spots. And there is an easy mode to choose from. The game even asks you if you wanna lower the difficulty if you die enough times; which I find insulting to be honest. :lol

Denzar

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

FUCKING IDIOTS AT GAMETRAILERS

Spoiling GoW III ending in the fucking comments for videos that have nothing to do with GoW?

I'm so fucking pissed. I have been on a media black-out for so long and they fucking spoil it with like 3 words I just glanced over. GOD FUCKING DAMNIT

Shaka

Deepack said:

FUKCING IDIOTS AT GAMETRAILERS

Spoiling GoW III ending in the fucking comments for videos that have nothing to do with GoW?

I'm so fucking pissed. I have been on a media black-out for so long and they fucking spoil it with like 3 words I just glanced over. GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
*Hug*
They got me too man :'( Ruined my fucking day.

Denzar

Shaka said:
*Hug*
They got me too man :'( Ruined my fucking day.
So close to release...

I have no confirmation yet ofc. but it seems fitting.

I can only begin to imagine the impact it would have had on me if I had not known.

Jesus fuck.

Deepack said:

FUCKING IDIOTS AT GAMETRAILERS

Really sorry that happened to you mate :(

That's why right now I'm staying on GAF for ALL gaming news and discussion till GoW3. You guys never do shit like that and the mods here don't stand for any spoiler shit.

Zzoram

ZeroRay said:
From what I hear, Normal is manageable with some difficult spots. And there is an easy mode to choose from. The game even asks you if you wanna lower the difficulty if you die enough times; which I find insulting to be honest. :lol

Giving you the option to drop the difficulty if you die too much (or giving you access to a difficulty slider at all times) is one of the best innovations in gaming. So many people never finish games because they get stuck somewhere deep into the game, and don't want to restart from the beginning on an easier setting.

I think a lot of the appeal of wRPGs like Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Mass Effect are because they have a difficulty slider than can be adjusted any time you're not in combat, so you never have to worry about getting stuck on a battle that's too hard, but you can set it so that it's still a challenge for you personally.

Top Bottom