• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

gillFTR

shagg_187 said:
Fellow Canadians, location for Midnight launch are as follows:

- EB Games: http://www.gamestop.ca/stores/gs_playstation.aspx (Official PlayStation Street Teams will be on 2 locations for you to enjoy God of War 3 before it releases. There'll be tons of giveaways PLUS a draw for a PlayStation prize pack which will include a 250GB PlayStation 3, a Red Dual Shock 3 controller and the God of War collection).
- Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.ca/EN-CA/GodOfWar.aspx (Free God of War T-shirt for first 100 people in store locations mentioned. Other stores will have minimum of 25).
- Future Shop - http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/godofwar.aspx (Official PlayStation Street Teams will be on 2 locations for you to enjoy God of War 3 before it releases).

Wow the mall I pre-ordered UE edition is having a midnight release. I was hoping they weren't because im not going to the midnight release. I don't want to go next morning and them have no more UE hearing about the shortages and all...

nskinnear said:
god_of_war_trilogy_box_art.jpg

homerdrool.png

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
nskinnear said:
Your best bet to play the GoW Collection is to get the Ultimate Trilogy Edition. Otherwise, it'll probably be a while before it's released there.

Eventually just import the US version of GoW Collection (or the Hong Kong version for superior box art).

JaseMath

I wonder if there are any multiple-disc PS3 cases for sale anywhere. I would love to ditch the God of War Collection case altogether - if I could throw it into the same case as GoW3, that'd be swell.

Dave1988

DihcarEM said:
Those that have finished it on titan or chaos mode, do you get any extra costumes unlocked?

There's only one costume in the game. You get it after beating the game on any difficulty setting. The rest is DLC.

Dogenzaka said:
FFFFFFF

I went to Blockbuster, Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Toys'RUs, and an independent store called GamesPlus, and no one had either Pokemon HG/SS or God of War 3 on-display. :(

I tried this last night with a trip to Target, Sears, FYE, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart. I've pretty much given up... my next idea was "maybe the BB in the mall would have a midnight launch so I don't have to wait until Tuesday", but I can't find a list of BB stores that may be doing a midnight launch for the game. :|

Dave1988 said:
There's only one costume in the game. You get it after beating the game on any difficulty setting. The rest is DLC.

That is lame as fuck. >.<
The others had multiple, but you earned the extras from the challenges and harder difficulties. This game should have been the same. :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dave1988 said:
I taste vomit.

Zeliard

Dave1988 said:

Clearly Santa Monica has been in close contact with Capcom's American arm.

Combichristoffersen

Dave1988 said:

Sucks for those who used the alternative costumes, but personally I never cared about them anyway.

Costumes have special abilities that are great for replays. The previous games have multiple costumes. The fact is the DLC costume got ripped from the game for promotional pre-order crap.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Shurs said:
It's a fucking costume. You guys...
it's the principle. one of the best things about games a gen ago were all the awesome extras you could get for completing some absurdly challenging task.

now all we get it an imaginary pat of the back in the form of a trophy, before being and forced to buy the extras ourselves at a later, post-release date.

games that actually take the time to reward the player with extra, albeit unnecessary content, are so far and few between these days. the last good example I can think of is Bayonetta. as someone who plays a whole lot of games for a really long time, these extras are some of my favourite little mini-incentives to keep playing.

whatever. thems the reality of the industry. it's a shame, though.

Shurs

Rez said:
it's the principle. one of the best things about games a gen ago were all the awesome extras you could get for completing some absurdly challenging task.

now all we get it an imaginary pat of the back in the form of a trophy and are forced to buy the rest ourselves.

games that actually take the time to reward the player with extra, albeit unnecessary content, are so far and few between these days. the last good example I can think of is Bayonetta.

whatever. thems the reality of the industry. it's a shame, though.

Ballistictiger said:
Costumes have special abilities that are great for replays. The previous games have multiple costumes. The fact is the DLC costume got ripped from the game for promotional pre-order crap.

I was being a bit harsh. Sorry. Who am I to tell people how to feel about something? I should always pause before posting.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Dave1988 said:

What is this bullshit

No new game+, no costumes unless you pre-order or buy the Ultimate Edition. What gives??

Shurs

Dogenzaka said:
What is this bullshit

No new game+, no costumes unless you pre-order or buy the Ultimate Edition. What gives??

The 44 million dollar budget may have something to do with it.

Combichristoffersen said:
Sucks for those who used the alternative costumes, but personally I never cared about them anyway.

It's not just Alternate costumes. Alternate costumes have different abilities like increased health, magic or whatever. It adds re-playability to the game.

S1kkZ

wait: no new game+ and no unlockables besides one costume? is that confirmed?
is there nothing that adds replay value (dont care for trophies)?

Combichristoffersen

shagg_187 said:
It's not just Alternate costumes. Alternate costumes have different abilities like increased health, magic or whatever. It adds re-playability to the game.

I know they have different abilities, but I never really used them anyway. I roll with OG Kratos whenever I replay the GoW games.

Dogenzaka

Banned
S1kkZ said:
wait: no new game+ and no unlockables besides one costume? is that confirmed?
is there nothing that adds replay value (dont care for trophies)?

You can take
Relics
with you, and play on harder difficulties. There's one unlockable costume.

Other than that, no. Nothing.

Cruzader

Banned
Only thing pissing me off is that Japan always gets SCEA/SCEE games released in that region and when SCEJ has an exclusive game, it rarely makes it to US/UK. BS.

Loudninja

shagg_187 said:
I really don't see how you still doing the same thing :p

Deepack said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

FUCKING IDIOTS AT GAMETRAILERS

Spoiling GoW III ending in the fucking comments for videos that have nothing to do with GoW?

I'm so fucking pissed. I have been on a media black-out for so long and they fucking spoil it with like 3 words I just glanced over. GOD FUCKING DAMNIT

never ever step into gametrailers ghetto ever. There alot of people who posts spoliers even in unlikely threads. UC2 nearly got spoiled for me once. After that, i said thats it. No GT browsing ever until i finished the game

Dave1988

Ballistictiger said:
It's cool.

I hope that one costume at least have unlimited magic and be the Cod of War costume!

Sorry to disappoint....

Costume roster.

The costume you get for beating the game is called "Fear Kratos". I was really hoping that they'd put the God of War armor in there but oh well....maybe as DLC.

Speaking of DLC...I remember a developer from SM wrote on the official GoW forum (AFAIK) that while there is no weapon carry over in the game, it may be added in a future patch if they get the response from the fans that they want this feature back. So GAF, you know what to do :p

Dave1988 said:
Sorry to disappoint....

Costume roster.

The costume you get for beating the game is called "Fear Kratos". I was really hoping that they'd put the God of War armor in there but oh well....maybe as DLC.

Speaking of DLC...I remember a developer from SM wrote on the official GoW forum (AFAIK) that while there is no weapon carry over in the game, it may be added in a future patch if they get the response from the fans that they want this feature back. So GAF, you know what to do :p

Wow. Costumes look badass. They better put them on PSN.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Dave1988 said:
Sorry to disappoint....

Costume roster.

I'm going to throw the biggest tantrum the internet has ever seen if they don't make those costumes available to me soon. I will only have the GameStop and GameCrazy costumes, and the rest look AWESOME. :mad: I hope we get them on the PSN because I want to play as
Apollo

And they should really reimplement the weapon-carry-over.

Amir0x

Banned
Shurs said:
Curb your enthusiasm, Amirox, there's only one extra costume included for free.

wtf this isn't Barbie horse adventure and dress up party, who the hell cares?

KRATOS IS GOING TO KILL GODS THIS WEEK! DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND!?

Top Bottom